Softube VST GUI default scaling problem

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRer
2 posts since 23 Dec, 2020 from Edinburgh, Scotland

Post Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Alright people? Hopre we're all well amidst the strangeness. Long time Googler but first post, so I'll get on with it:

Basically, every time I open a new instance of a Softube plug, it comes up all pixel-ly and crap. I have to reset to default size each time to fix. Is this normal? A minor inconvenience but still bugs me.

Disclaimers: I only have a few (Tape, FET Compressor, Saturation Knob) and when I built the rig I skimped on a GPU in favor of onboard UHD 630 Graphics with the 9700k, so I'm guessing this is a factor. I'm only running a VGA monitor at 1920 x 1080 with an adapter because I'm cheap!

Anyway, a second opinion is always welcome. Thanks!

Image (https://ibb.co/rsYQ6Sf)
image uploader (https://imgbb.com/)

KVRAF
10092 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Tue May 04, 2021 9:40 am

I have been battling with them for almost two years now....
on the mac several plugins, especially tape always opens up like a jigsaw puzzle waiting to be solved. Closing and reopening the GUI fixes it till the next new project and using it for the first instance.

Since this new flexible sizing, on pc it is exceedingly blurry......
I have reported it so many times.

They respond, and then a new version comes out and they email me and ask me to try it and it is the same.

Cubendo mac and pc here.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Wed May 05, 2021 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

KVRer

Topic Starter

2 posts since 23 Dec, 2020 from Edinburgh, Scotland

Post Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 am

Wow, that's a bummer. Thanks for the reply!

It's not unusable, like... just kinda sucky to look at. Luckily we're not looking at music :D

KVRAF
10092 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Wed May 05, 2021 7:05 am

Indeed.. it isn't a dealbreaker or unusable just...I hope they fix this...

rsp
sound sculptist

KVRAF
3741 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Wed May 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Tape seems Ok for me but currently FET Compressor GUI opens sharp but really small as default (made for older screen resolutions), and gets SUPER blurry when you stretch it bigger - as in, it's fairly unusable.

I hope Softube get onto this.

Return to “Effects”