Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
1680 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am

like the new update, a playable generator, mwah, ok, fine.. :scared: :party: :help:
more modulation options, great, also via MPE.

will make it a more versatile synth, and it was already extremely versatile.

bit strange, that they (Generate & Pendulate (still use the last one for projects i want to finish, isn't really needed, but i am lazy)) already can be downloaded, while the anouncement..
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRAF
2765 posts since 3 Mar, 2006

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:29 am

I’d buy generate in an instant if it weren’t for the iLok thing, especially since that means no m1 native code for the foreseeable future. Love west coast stuff and MPE.

KVRian
1423 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbit Sol III

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:11 am

fese wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:14 am
CrystalWizard wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 am

Same here, nice to see ... not need innovation imo.
I actually do like the square knobs. Yes, they seem unusual at first, but work really well once you get accustomed to them. Mouse acceleration is really well implemented so you can work fast but also precise. Only thing I don't like is that there is no reset to default value on double click.
Else, great update.
Yes, i am sure that is true but it will be a long while (depending on how frequently i use it of course) before my mind (in particular my subconscious, which does a big portion of the work) is accustomed to them enough for really smooth live playing. For recording i'm sure i can get used to it.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

KVRian

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 am

I would love to see a synth that is a combo of Generate and Kaivo.

KVRAF
1706 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:18 am

Anyone else have love for the reverb and delay and wish the EQ curves could be automated as well? The delay like is very well tuned, closest to Eric synths zen delay in terms of playability.

KVRAF

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:05 pm

CrystalWizard wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 am
I would love to see a synth that is a combo of Generate and Kaivo.
load samples made with Generate in Kaivo.... i like to make multiple steps, even different programs, effect, DAW's. everything i can do...

but still of course it isn't a real blend, but there a lot of blending options... spectral...

i have found also not an all-in-one solution, but jumping around, resample, etc. gives other results, that sound also powerfull. me like it, you can use every step you want, resynthesis, morph, resample with effects, through to a spectral granular, or a 'normal' granular, etc.

KVRian

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Not for this, normally i will do multi step processes, i'm fine with that, hence i use plenty of stand alone apps. The reason i said combo is for the ability to patch between the two.

KVRAF

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:52 pm

CrystalWizard wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm
Not for this, normally i will do multi step processes, i'm fine with that, hence i use plenty of stand alone apps. The reason i said combo is for the ability to patch between the two.
yes, a modular approach (if that is what you mean)... and considering your music, i already thought -> multi step proceses.

if modular approach is what you mean, if Kaivo had an input... (or VST's with multiple inputs, for different parts, and multiple outputs.., again for the different parths..)

KVRian

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:07 pm

Yes, definitely modular since they both already are semi modular. Even if Kaivo had a signal input (which i would be extremely happy about) that still wouldn't do what i'd like it to. I'd like to use the Generate modulation in Kaivo. Of course i realize that it's just some thing that i want. Not that important in the grand scheme.
(I want the world, and, i want it now)

KVRAF
1701 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Sat May 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Sound design with Newfangled Audio's Generate 1.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZurnzMU_cU

KVRAF

Post Sat May 01, 2021 4:04 pm

Here’s something I made using Generate for chords and bass.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/xf5Lb9n8mJte2gkt8

KVRist
247 posts since 21 Jan, 2017

Post Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 am

This bad boy is on sale at JRR right now. How does it compare cpu wise to other high octane softsynths? Why do I bother deep inside I know I'll get it regardless. Oh well give the thread another bump. The last thing I need is another synth honestly. All I do is synth it's the last GAS holdout chink in the armor I can't seem to shake. Stop making good new synths! I don't need them and I don't have the time!

I did manage to outwait the Pigments deal so small victory there I guess.

KVRAF

Post Tue May 04, 2021 4:44 am

nusound mind wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 am
This bad boy is on sale at JRR right now. How does it compare cpu wise to other high octane softsynths? Why do I bother deep inside I know I'll get it regardless. Oh well give the thread another bump. The last thing I need is another synth honestly. All I do is synth it's the last GAS holdout chink in the armor I can't seem to shake. Stop making good new synths! I don't need them and I don't have the time!

I did manage to outwait the Pigments deal so small victory there I guess.
Generate is quite unique and well worth the price in my opinion.

KVRAF

Post Tue May 04, 2021 10:06 am

1.2.1 seems available...

(i hope eventide will have a system, that when there are updates, you get notified... i have 10 eventide plugins, i guess, and generate...)

EDIT: i was one of the fortunate, of the incorrect price... for a few hours... the last sale.. o well sometimes you get lucky... and compensates that i bought LION, for 65 euro or so... but i wanted it... also great synth... both MPE and together, good luck ears!

but GROUP works; 83 dollars! which for this synth is quite worth it.

KVRAF

Post Tue May 04, 2021 10:34 am

CrystalWizard wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:07 pm
Yes, definitely modular since they both already are semi modular. Even if Kaivo had a signal input (which i would be extremely happy about) that still wouldn't do what i'd like it to. I'd like to use the Generate modulation in Kaivo. Of course i realize that it's just some thing that i want. Not that important in the grand scheme.
(I want the world, and, i want it now)
ok so the modulation capabilities. kaivo can loaded into VM or VCV... are there other 'wrappers' that can do this?

at this moment i don't miss a live input for Kaivo, mainly i work not very real time, in slow time...

and yes i also want it all, and now! no real solution, even bitwig.. does not matter.

but i get you. to compensate i through recordings made with generate through ajax sound studios cecilia 5, for instance, compensates quite well..

Return to “Instruments”