Humble Bundle: Coral Painter 2023 | Painshop Pro 2023 | Video Studio | AfterShot Pro

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:18 am FC plugins? That would absolutely depend on what you want to achieve. I would say the best way to approach this is to get at least a good overview of what's included.
As referred above, I have owned the Vegas Pro for several years. I.e., I have a rather good overview of the factory fx.
I don’t have any spesific desire to achieve, just wanted to hear the user experiences.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:15 am I think that the current Vegas Pro 16 deal was great - I owned earlier the ver. 14.

BTW - would you recommend any additional, e.g. third party fx plugins to the Vegas?
You can get some free stuff here: https://fxhome.com/software-install/hit ... tials-pack

chk071 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:24 am
Harry_HH wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:15 am I think that the current Vegas Pro 16 deal was great - I owned earlier the ver. 14.

BTW - would you recommend any additional, e.g. third party fx plugins to the Vegas?
You can get some free stuff here: https://fxhome.com/software-install/hit ... tials-pack
Can´t see any free fx there - requires purchase/serials.

Step 4: Activate the software
Launch the program
Choose activate from the options when asked to activate, try or buy.
If you already have a FXhome website account sign in with your details, otherwise choose to create an account.
Follow the on screen instructions.
If asked for a serial, enter the following serial: 3QMXQ-8BGFF-ASRXX-MEYFI-AAKTC
That said, I don't remember the exact behavior the fx were authorized. If that serial doesn't work for you, or if they have to be authorized in another way, I can't remember.

chk071 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:48 pm
Step 4: Activate the software
Launch the program
Choose activate from the options when asked to activate, try or buy.
If you already have a FXhome website account sign in with your details, otherwise choose to create an account.
Follow the on screen instructions.
If asked for a serial, enter the following serial: 3QMXQ-8BGFF-ASRXX-MEYFI-AAKTC
That said, I don't remember the exact behavior the fx were authorized. If that serial doesn't work for you, or if they have to be authorized in another way, I can't remember.
"This serial is already registered for an other user"

Weird.

If only I could remember where I got Hitfilm Essentials. I guess they don't offer it anymore.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:15 pm Weird.

If only I could remember where I got Hitfilm Essentials. I guess they don't offer it anymore.
For me it came with an earlier Humble Bundle. The one with Vegas 14 or 15.

Right. That should be where I got it then. Thought it might have been free for everyone.

DaVinci Resolve 17 is out (since when I don't know), I would get it before anything else mentioned in this thread.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ciresolve/
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Resolve really looks good, I must say. Gotta check it out.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 pm Resolve really looks good, I must say. Gotta check it out.
It is. If I were starting from scratch then I'd commit to that and skip Vegas.

Resolve would probably be overkill for many. I would be surprised if it offered better performance over
vegas for most, actually. It's got a lot of stuff to draw. *shrug

I'm pretty sure it'd be total overkill for me. It's just that that interface looks mighty nice. :)

It's very efficient, and you can ignore things you don't grok. I mean I'm really not a video master. I mostly use it to get a 24-bit wav in a video. I can made crossfades, dissolves, and basic handling, I'm not brand new to cutting... it's a very simple interface for it (it has like templates based in other workflow, I use the Final Cut Pro one). It renders screamingly fast on my machine. Now, so does FCPX, which pretty recently was def not as fast for the same level task. My renders are never very heavy, note well. Donno how it performs on Windoze, couldn't ask for better here, I'm really not kidding.

Also it will do very high resolution, so I set the project timeline to what is it, 3840 which forces the Opus codec on Youtube for some reason (NB: my videos start with that, I mean I'm not downsampling), which means significantly better audio. It's free, what do you have to lose, do it. FCPX does all that as well, but for some reason its audio is shit, in the project and in a render, AAC, full PCM, 24-bit, doesn't matter.

jancivil wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:19 pm It's very efficient, and you can ignore things you don't grok. I mean I'm really not a video master. I mostly use it to get a 24-bit wav in a video. I can made crossfades, dissolves, and basic handling, I'm not brand new to cutting... it's a very simple interface for it (it has like templates based in other workflow, I use the Final Cut Pro one). It renders screamingly fast on my machine. Now, so does FCPX, which pretty recently was def not as fast for the same level task. My renders are never very heavy, note well. Donno how it performs on Windoze, couldn't ask for better here, I'm really not kidding.

Also it will do very high resolution, so I set the project timeline to what is it, 3840 which forces the Opus codec on Youtube for some reason (NB: my videos start with that, I mean I'm not downsampling), which means significantly better audio. It's free, what do you have to lose, do it. FCPX does all that as well, but for some reason its audio is shit, in the project and in a render, AAC, full PCM, 24-bit, doesn't matter.
That's surprising, but good news. When I used to use Fusion back when it was owned by Eyeon
and $5k per seat, you needed to have some pretty high-end stuff for any projects of significant
scale.

Still, Vegas is sufficient for anything I'm going to work on these days. Sounds like a good option
though.

*Things were definitely on a different scale though, 50k frames was not uncommon. One thing we used to do a lot was to change the season on footage that was shot in the summer to winter. Each
frame has to be painted by hand, 1 at a time. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”