6 posts since 4 May, 2021

Post Tue May 04, 2021 11:47 am

very courious about that...

KVRian
669 posts since 14 Jul, 2018

Post Tue May 04, 2021 5:49 pm

michal.ochedowski wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am
in Iris that LFO will continue to oscillate." Can anyone confirm that there are no free-running LFOs in Iris 2? Ichiro Toda's Synth1 has this functionality. LFO in disco DSP OB-Xd is always free-running, which is great. Why not such advanced synthesizer from top shelf manufacturer?
strange...
here it is kind of erratic an inconsistent

with restart off
sometimes it seems to cycle freely
but then not...
somehow it seems to be conncted with the amp-env (E5) release
a keyboard re-hit within the release phase will not retrigger the lfo
but if the release is finished it retriggers...

seems to be a bug ?

also, with restart off the cutoff, which is a master cutoff is monophonic
(i.e.: not polyphonic)
but maybe that's intended behaviour...?

tdm
KVRist
109 posts since 3 Dec, 2013 from United States

Post Tue May 04, 2021 6:44 pm

[quote=michal.ochedowski post_id=8101496 time=1620141070 user_id=432708]Why not such advanced synthesizer from top shelf manufacturer?[/quote]
Because it is essentially abandonware . . . at least as far as bug fixes are concerned.

Note: I have no idea why the quote doesn't show up in a shaded box. My posts didn't do this before.

KVRAF
2401 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Wed May 05, 2021 7:02 am

I think there is a list of outstanding Iris 2 bugs somewhere here on this KVR thread. Since iZotope stopped development any bugs are probably here to stay. The best strategy is likely to be to use what works (a lot), and be aware of what doesn't, so that you don't waste time on them.
Windows10; plugins from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cakewalk, Cherry, DiscoDSP, Fathom, IKM, Initial, iZotope, KV331, NI, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Surge, TAL, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, UVI, Vital, Waves, XLN ...

Return to “Instruments”