IK MUltimedia UNO Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UNO Synth

excuse me please wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:53 am I think it's great but I only can afford a Uno Drum for the moment. 😀
How do you like the UNO Drum? they are under £150 now in the UK and I have twitched a few times when I have had new gear cravings....I was also wondering if there will be an UNO Drum Pro? If I had to guess, I would say its coming....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:14 pm
excuse me please wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:53 am I think it's great but I only can afford a Uno Drum for the moment. 😀
How do you like the UNO Drum? they are under £150 now in the UK and I have twitched a few times when I have had new gear cravings....I was also wondering if there will be an UNO Drum Pro? If I had to guess, I would say its coming....
Next week I hope to place my order. Tired of waiting for the RD-9. Bad Gear has a good vid about the Uno Drum. Beware! 5:17

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZxkZElBrJ4

SLiC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 am
chk071 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:31 am The UNO is available for 161 € now on several online stores. Tempting...
Been 109 GBP (inc TAX) in the UK for a while - The main thing stopping me upgrading is the the original UNO is so good as it is (especially as I have it plugged in to good fx) and so cheap its not worth selling! (Although amusingly on ebay people are trying to sell them second hand for more quite a lot than they cost in the shops new now!)

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ik-multimed ... L8QAvD_BwE
Yeah when you factor in the €20 transfer fee (for drivers, firmware, editor etc.) it becomes rather pointless to sell it. You'd hardly make any money. Besides the synth sounds really good and takes up very little space.

Just wait until it's not being sold anymore, and it becomes "legendary", then sell it for 4 times the new price. :ud:
Last edited by chk071 on Wed May 05, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:21 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 am
chk071 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:31 am The UNO is available for 161 € now on several online stores. Tempting...
Been 109 GBP (inc TAX) in the UK for a while - The main thing stopping me upgrading is the the original UNO is so good as it is (especially as I have it plugged in to good fx) and so cheap its not worth selling! (Although amusingly on ebay people are trying to sell them second hand for more quite a lot than they cost in the shops new now!)

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ik-multimed ... L8QAvD_BwE
Yeah when you factor in the €20 transfer fee (for drivers, firmware, editor etc.) it becomes rather pointless to sell it. You'd hardly make any money. Besides the synth sounds really good and takes up very little space.
Yup- its so good I wonder how many people it will deter from buying the UNO Pro! (or maybe that a new/different market). Maybe IK can do a 'trade in' offer or heavy discount for Uno Original owners to encourage them!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

That patch at 2:44 is very nice.
See, he took my playing it through the Circuit Tracks idea ;-)

SLiC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:59 pm That patch at 2:44 is very nice.
See, he took my playing it through the Circuit Tracks idea ;-)
Ha, Bo is very observant, noticed that too ;)
Though first I have to buy an interface and monitor speakers, after 7 years of living in a box.

SLiC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:26 pmYup- its so good I wonder how many people it will deter from buying the UNO Pro! (or maybe that a new/different market).
Not many, the Pro extends and expands everything that's wonderful about the original in useful ways. They've also listened to their customers and fixed most, if not all, of the little niggly things that we complained about. The analogue drive circuit is almost enough to justify the upgrade on its own, it gives the synth so much more presence and grit.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

SLiC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:59 pm See, he took my playing it through the Circuit Tracks idea ;-)
this idea is in the air.
i play things through Circuit Tracks since the day it arrived.
used to play through MC-707 before, but Tracks is obviously more convenient

SLiC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:26 pm Yup- its so good I wonder how many people it will deter from buying the UNO Pro! (or maybe that a new/different market). Maybe IK can do a 'trade in' offer or heavy discount for Uno Original owners to encourage them!
I view the UNO Pro as being in a different market than the UNO. UNO is nearly in the same price range as the Volca series, while the Pro module is nearly 3x the price.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 am
SLiC wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:26 pm Yup- its so good I wonder how many people it will deter from buying the UNO Pro! (or maybe that a new/different market). Maybe IK can do a 'trade in' offer or heavy discount for Uno Original owners to encourage them!
I view the UNO Pro as being in a different market than the UNO. UNO is nearly in the same price range as the Volca series, while the Pro module is nearly 3x the price.
Yeh, it definitely is- The UNO is an amazing price now for what you get. But I am just making the point that as I own an UNO, the £400+ 'upgrade' cost to the UNO PRO Desktop may seem less attractive than perhaps to someone who doesn't own an UNO at all. Unless of course you want 2 UNO's :tu:

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 amI view the UNO Pro as being in a different market than the UNO. UNO is nearly in the same price range as the Volca series, while the Pro module is nearly 3x the price.
Do you only buy synths in a particular price bracket? e.g. Do you say to yourself "what can I get for this $250 I've got burning a hole in my pocket?" or do you decide what synth you want and save up for it?

I've never had even the slightest interest in anything Volca, it's a whole different mindset. For me, Uno competes with Monologue - both 2 osc monosynths with a sequencer and patch memory. Features and sound matter, price is just a consequence of what you decide you want/need.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:50 am
AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 amI view the UNO Pro as being in a different market than the UNO. UNO is nearly in the same price range as the Volca series, while the Pro module is nearly 3x the price.
Do you only buy synths in a particular price bracket? e.g. Do you say to yourself "what can I get for this $250 I've got burning a hole in my pocket?" or do you decide what synth you want and save up for it?

I've never had even the slightest interest in anything Volca, it's a whole different mindset. For me, Uno competes with Monologue - both 2 osc monosynths with a sequencer and patch memory. Features and sound matter, price is just a consequence of what you decide you want/need.
Some people may never feel that a synth is “worth it” above a certain price. This issue may not be “I’ve got money burning a hole in my pocket,” but rather the opposite. For example, music making may simply be a hobby, their income may be tied up in cost of living expenses with much higher priorités, like paying off debt, supporting family, health care etc. It’s good that there are cheap options.

BONES wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:50 am Do you only buy synths in a particular price bracket? e.g. Do you say to yourself "what can I get for this $250 I've got burning a hole in my pocket?"
i do sometimes :D
that's how i got my collection of little/tiny desktop synths. (incl. Uno)
BONES wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:50 am I've never had even the slightest interest in anything Volca, it's a whole different mindset.
same here.
but i got 3 NTS-1 units, even despite they don't have proper line out, just like Volca.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”