2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:40 pmI have 'literally' been dreaming of programming, and things to do with the Maestro, since I first saw it. The way they laid out its UI, and ease of accessing/manipulating functions just blew me away. Could not be more thrilled. :love:
It is very easy to use... I was making complex envelopes right away after watching one video. Low learning curve for what it can do. Best hardware implementation of 'MSEG's' that I have seen.

A couple months ago there was a firmware update (mine was up to date when arrived) and it added the ability to attenuate the signal which is handy.

I like the Acidrain stuff, but the small hp modules they have are a little too bendy (imo). I would like it if they put a little more meat in their panels. :shrug:

*To be fair, it's probably specific to the switchblade where they've drilled out most of the panel for the numerous jacks. A metal panel would have been the better choice here definitely. It's really pretty bendy, no joke. :neutral:

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:25 pm
vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:19 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:43 am (thanks to the 'stimulus') :hug:

Something I've wanted since 2018 NAMM:
QB_Scanned.jpg

Two things I've wanted since they came out (respectively):
Qu-Bit_Surface.jpg

Qu-Bit_DataBender.jpg
... and one thing that somehow slipped under my radar until a month or so ago, but is doubtless going to prove 'indispensable'.
maestro.jpg

well pleased. :hyper: :D
you get these yet?

ive been looking at the data bender, wondering how long the buffer is, i should investigate more!
not that anywhere will have it in stock probably :lol:
Yes, I did receive them. And they is way purdy. :D Am rearranging my rack to accommodate them, so have not played with them yet.

specs: Stereo I/O ... 96kHz sampling rate, 24-bit depth for a minute of stereo sampling time.
found one last night...
thought, ill check some vids to make sure, some git got in before me :x

but they did have a mimeophon, so i grabbed that before any bastard tried to take my stuff :x

the data bender, while sounding bloody awesome on drums n stuff, when the demos got to melodic and other stuff :o
hell yes! one to look forward to if any ever become available :hihi:

I was watching Make Noise videos of QPAS being used with Mimeophon. It's hard not to want to pick one up (so great job Make Noise). I don't know enough about it still (other than the Sound Hack plugin stuff). The worst part is there's plenty of Mimeophon modules available, but I'd really like to get Morphagene before venturing too far out.

I've got a 0-Ctrl on the way now. I found a seller that was actually reasonable. These 2nd hand prices have been crazy (and people have been paying those prices too).

And look what just arrived before hitting Submit:

My very first module (and don't worry.... Hopefully the Pod will arrive today too)

that's the worst thing about module demo vids, you go looking at module a, and end up wanting x,y and z to go with it :hihi:

im a delay lover! and im not too proud to admit it :lol:
when i first saw the video, the synth stuff it does was lush! as well as all the cool delay tricks. so i fell in love again!
another one of those i check for and haven't seen, so i have been a bit panicky, waiting for the email saying "sorry stock count was wrong..."
but just got "we will deliver your package tomorrow" from the courier's :party:

Someone's posted another Omnisphere thread. My hardware purchases are definitely on hold now while I consider my options. It is true that you only need one kidney to live, right?

ghettosynth wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:57 pm Someone's posted another Omnisphere thread. My hardware purchases are definitely on hold now while I consider my options. It is true that you only need one kidney to live, right?
get by with none if you had free at the point of use dialysis.

ghettosynth wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:57 pm Someone's posted another Omnisphere thread. My hardware purchases are definitely on hold now while I consider my options. It is true that you only need one kidney to live, right?
Wait, is that tight arse loosening up, or are there different arses for software vs hardware? :lol:

vurt wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:01 pm get by with none if you had free at the point of use dialysis.
Honestly surprised there isn't a eurorack module for that yet.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:25 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:01 pm get by with none if you had free at the point of use dialysis.
years back, i had a test on my nerves
they stuck needles attached to wires in various parts of my neck, left shoulder, arm and hand.
i then did various flexing and moving around, while some software, recorded the various inputs, with graphic waves
and each one was a diff frequency according to distance from a certain point.
but they could also listen to the output :o long drone, with clicks and pops and i clenched and unclenched my arm and hand.
thought it would be cool as a controller! (i was poor and all software then [see also, not so poor, but married and not allowed nice things])

elxsound wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:12 pm
Wait, is that tight arse loosening up, or are there different arses for software vs hardware? :lol:
im beginning to sense, the tight arse is not his, but the significant other.
software being easier to hide as a new purchase.

sprnva wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:25 pm
LOL! In other news, Konduum Kathatarium is back in stock for a limited time only.

vurt wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:36 pm
It used to be that the trick was getting it into the house. Once you have a certain number of gadgets, they can't tell them apart. They know this well, it's exactly the same thing with their shoes.

ghettosynth wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:38 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:36 pm
It used to be that the trick was getting it into the house. Once you have a certain number of gadgets, they can't tell them apart. They know this well, it's exactly the same thing with their shoes.
Say no more... I'm very familiar with both. :party:

OMFG...

It's like 2001 but instead of stars, it's full of bananas!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”