2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^ Ooo! Sexy, I bet that cost a few pennies. :tu:

justin3am wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:34 pm OMFG...

It's like 2001 but instead of stars, it's full of bananas!
Looks lovely ... what is it? :ud:

It's a STS Serge Blue Voice and Red CV. There is some information about the different "Shop Panels" on this page: http://www.serge-fans.com/wizardry.htm

Yeah, it cost a bit but worth it to me. :love: Definitely a dream synth, I just need to get a TKB. I will probably find it hard to resist a few R*S 4x4 modules and I may have a bead on a Soup Kitchen, which would be incredible. You just don't see this stuff come up very often, so I feel very lucky to have grabbed them for a reasonable price.

Screenshot_2021-05-06-13-39-03-145.jpg
💜💜💜💜
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vurt wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:40 pm 💜💜💜💜
Awesome! and you might want to charge your phone there :borg:

pekbro wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:58 pm
vurt wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:40 pm 💜💜💜💜
Awesome! and you might want to charge your phone there :borg:
yeah, this phone is shite for battery life. go to bed with about 90%. totally idle, other than maybe a time check if i wake up in the night, down to 25/30 when i wake up.
wouldn't mind if it was old, 6 months :x
suppose you get what you pay for :hihi:

tbh, it was all they had that could be next day delivery. idiot here dropped his old phone on the night after black friday, so every electronic device for miles around had been bought :lol:

id replace it but as i never go out, seems pointless even having it.

That thing is lush. I haven't seen a dedicated video yet, but I'll check one out soon. I was just checking out Rosie vs XOH and of course, Mimeophone was worked in. I only read the specs and it seems to do a bit of what MOOD can do? Very nice pickup!

I got the QPAS hooked up yesterday working with Strega, 0-Coast and Ableton as the sequencer via midi to 0-Coast and patched back out from there. I only got to play for a short while, but this is fun.

elxsound wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:07 pm That thing is lush. I haven't seen a dedicated video yet, but I'll check one out soon. I was just checking out Rosie vs XOH and of course, Mimeophone was worked in. I only read the specs and it seems to do a bit of what MOOD can do? Very nice pickup!

I got the QPAS hooked up yesterday working with Strega, 0-Coast and Ableton as the sequencer via midi to 0-Coast and patched back out from there. I only got to play for a short while, but this is fun.
i have a rosie (even before i knew i was gonna be a granddad, so there's synchronicity for you! or coincidence).
it's fairly basic to be honest, nice enough for a small system, such as your morphagene pod idea. but for anything bigger id look elsewhere.

only has two inputs and a send/return.
although now ive grown, it does come in handy on ocassion. but once im full, im sure she may be a first casualty for replacing :o

check the mimeophon karplus strong synth out :o
lush as f**k! :hihi:

The Rosie sounds weirdly good for some reason imo, and the send is nice and cue useful. Maybe not the best output module available, still a very good and handy one.

pekbro wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:34 pm The Rosie sounds weirdly good for some reason imo, and the send is nice and cue useful. Maybe not the best output module available, still a very good and handy one.
yeah it has uses, just as an output alone, not awesome. cool for crossfading between the two inputs for example, but no stereo inputs.

depends on needs of course.

Morphogene or Phonogene > QPAS > XPan > Mimeophone is one of my favorite patches lately. Slow down the playback on the Gene and increase the resonance on the QPAS. The sputters from the sample start pinging the QPAS. Speed the sample up and reduce the resonance on QPAS and it starts acting like a normal filter. Use the Xfaders on the XPan to morph between the filter outputs and route that to Mimeophone. I tend to modulate the Halo parameter a lot in these patches.

justin3am wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:56 pm It's a STS Serge Blue Voice and Red CV. There is some information about the different "Shop Panels" on this page: http://www.serge-fans.com/wizardry.htm
Very nice Justin. I'm seriously jealous ;)

I recorded some bits with the Serge last night. Of course the first thing I did was ping the VCFQ and run that through the Wave Multipliers. I think that's obligatory. The real fun began when I started using the envelopes as oscillators. I'm not often surprised by a synth. Especially one that I have hyped myself on for so long...
https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/sets/dtg_sync

More than the sound, which is really special, so many things respond differently than I expect which allows me to have that beginner's discovery phase. That is something I'm constantly chasing.

I was pretty exhausted last night, so I didn't get to do much exploration. These patches are far from musical. Just thought I would share anyway because I'm excited. :love:

don't have qpas or xpan :lol:
do have xfaders though, and im sure other filters could be fun.
even two different, one on each out from morphagene :tu: will give it a go when i go up :D

justin3am wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:45 pm I recorded some bits with the Serge last night. Of course the first thing I did was ping the VCFQ and run that through the Wave Multipliers. I think that's obligatory. The real fun began when I started using the envelopes as oscillators. I'm not often surprised by a synth. Especially one that I have hyped myself on for so long...
https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/sets/dtg_sync

More than the sound, which is really special, so many things respond differently than I expect which allows me to have that beginner's discovery phase. That is something I'm constantly chasing.

I was pretty exhausted last night, so I didn't get to do much exploration. These patches are far from musical. Just thought I would share anyway because I'm excited. :love:
ill have to check these when i go up too.
on the phone, the first one sounded a bit like a fart through a didgeridoo :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”