Smart EQ 3 is out !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

looks more and more like Neutron :)

i have V2, but don t use it often, is $29 (upgrade fee)for v3 is a good deal ?
what would it do that i can t ? (i own proc3 / all voxengo eq / eiosis / shade and smooth operator.)
is the AI algo is really good ?
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

not sure, i demoed smartEQ 5 times already over different iterations, and it never struck me as "oh i really need this". (Neither did neutron)
None of the new features really click with me either, they feel like iZotope Neutron's "Sculptor" module and AI in general. Wonder how they compare

The new features look cool to get some balance between multiple tracks, especially with the prioritization feature. Wonder how well it works? Might try the 30 days trial later when I got more time.

This is much better than EQ2. I would give it a try. Decent upgrade price too.

Site is getting hammered. Very slow.

This is the best eq since the last one I bought and will be until the next one!

:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Very customer friendly upgrade price :tu:

I'm liking it so far. New features are great & the upgrade price is fair. :tu:

First thing I'm bummed is that there are no brass/horn profiles and the universal isn't cutting it for brass. EQ2 had Trumpets, Trombone, etc. I thought the solution would be to export profiles from EQ2 and load them into EQ3, but they don't seem to be cross compatible:
SEQ3 err.png
I figure I'll have to try making some myself. Though I'd prefer some Brass profiles that were more thought out than I can likely achieve. Same of Strings and some other orchestral instruments.

If Sonible would like to give some tips or advice on creating useable profiles, I'd appreciate that. In fact, it would be nice to have an option or even utility where we could load a variety of audio in it, say a load of brass samples, & 'machine learn' an average profile from all the data. Just a thought.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

audiosabre wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:42 pm I'm liking it so far. New features are great & the upgrade price is fair. :tu:

First thing I'm bummed is that there are no brass/horn profiles and the universal isn't cutting it for brass. EQ2 had Trumpets, Trombone, etc. I thought the solution would be to export profiles from EQ2 and load them into EQ3, but they don't seem to be cross compatible:
SEQ3 err.png

I figure I'll have to try making some myself. Though I'd prefer some Brass profiles that were more thought out than I can likely achieve. Same of Strings and some other orchestral instruments.

If Sonible would like to give some tips or advice on creating useable profiles, I'd appreciate that. In fact, it would be nice to have an option or even utility where we could load a variety of audio in it, say a load of brass samples, & 'machine learn' an average profile from all the data. Just a thought.
Sonible support is first rate - they might help if yo contact them directly

fairlyclose wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:57 pm Sonible support is first rate - they might help if yo contact them directly
I hope my experience matches yours. The interplugin communication doesn't work for me. I've launched a support request, so let's see! :tu:

Very buggt on Cakewalk... and it is absolutely cpu hog when i turn on dynamic.

hmmm... been toying with it for about 40 mins. I honestly don't find it that amazing. It adds mid range to anything I put it through. When working with several tracks, it doesn't really do anything different than what it does track by track (maybe this is a bug, as it's been mentioned here). As a digital eq it works very well, but I already have Pro Q3. My upgrade price is $29 and I don't think I'm going for it.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Effects”