Any VST companies that give student licenses free?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a student and would love some VSTs to enhance my mixes. Thing is, most companies are insanely expensive, even after discount. Any companies who give completely free student licenses?

There is So much much free (and good) music software that i would think you can find everything you "need", (depending on what you need of course :wink: ).
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

AirWindows.

Students are usually viewed as customers, student discounts, like senior discounts, are just feelgood differential pricing. Nobody is going to get mad because a poor student or an aging senior gets a discount, so a firm can offer blatant differential pricing because of clearly delineated market segments.

The bigger the difference between student pricing and full pricing, the more likely a firm will be more aggressive in making sure that the professionals can't masquerade as students. This is harder to do today where everything is online and easy to confirm, but, it's why things like electronics cad software have component limits in student versions.

In short, it's unlikely unless there's good motivation to getting you hooked, e.g., Microsoft.

“ most companies are insanely expensive”...??? Really? Most of the plugins i bought in recent years didn’t cost much more than 30-50 bucks in a sale, sometimes even less. I know “expensive” is relative, but most plugins are really affordable nowadays, it is no problem getting high quality for free or very little money. I mean, I got the Exponential Audio (izotope) Nimbus and R4 for under twenty bucks at a PB sale, that is some of the best quality reverbs you can buy for any money. Fuse Audio, 20-25 € in a sale. HornetPlugins, even less. Or AnalogObsession, Tokyo Dawn, JonVAudio, Klanghelm and loads more for free.

very interesting discussion

These days you don't need to pay for any music software, there are free plugins for every purpose.

Return to “Effects”