RIFT Filter Lite - FREE Plugin by Minimal Audio

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRer
14 posts since 6 May, 2021

Post Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm

https://youtu.be/aZjrqddeml4

RIFT Filter Lite, a next-generation morphing filter by Minimal Audio is now available and FREE for early adopters!

Experience a whole new approach to filter design.
  • Choose from 24 unique filters and manipulate them like never before.
  • Explore new types of morphing, vowel, phaser, peaking filters, and more.

Transform your sounds with precision.
  • Sculpt jaw-dropping movement with morph and stereo spread controls.
  • Intuitive pitch snapping, transposition, and MIDI tracking make Rift Filter Lite the most flexible filter on the market.

Get It Free (Regular Price $49) :o
https://www.minimal.audio/products/rift-filter-lite

Additional Features:
  • Instantly create huge stereo effects with Rift Filter Lite's Spread control.
  • Create musical resonance effects with easy-to-use pitch snapping.
  • See your filter in stereo with crystal-clear visual feedback.
  • Snap Rift Filter Lite's Cutoff to incoming MIDI, and play it like an instrument.
  • Get the perfect balance with global dry wet control.

A Bit About Us:
We're a small team of musicians, sound designers, engineers, and artists who build products we love to use. Collectively, we’ve professionally toured the world playing music, built multiple award-winning audio plugins, and produced audio for feature film and AAA games. Our mission is to create powerful yet simplified instruments and effects that unleash a new level of creativity.

We look forward to hearing what you think! :party:

KVRian
591 posts since 1 Sep, 2007

Post Wed May 05, 2021 6:55 pm

Do you offer offline software activation?

Currently, we do not offer offline activation. An internet connection is only required during the activation process, not after the software is activated.

KVRAF
4212 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Wed May 05, 2021 7:33 pm

That looks like a very generous freebie!
The online activation requirement is tough for me.

So what does Rift do? :)
ImageImageImageImage

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Wed May 05, 2021 8:08 pm

Thanks! We hope you enjoy it. We have a lot of fun using it in our own productions.

RIFT will be coming later this month, but we wanted to share just our filter module to introduce ourselves and let people know we exist :) - I can tell you this much, it's not a filter!

On the offline activation, we understand that can be an issue for some people and we'll be implementing an offline system.

In the meantime, the plus with our auth system is you can manage where your plugins are used within your user account on the website, and freely remove machines, making it incredibly easy to move our plugins between computers (as long as they can get online)

Thanks for the feedback!

Jake from MA

KVRist
224 posts since 12 May, 2004

Post Wed May 05, 2021 9:33 pm

An interesting and useful filter. It is quite similar in many aspects to the filter found in Matt Tytel's synthesizer "Vital" but without modulation sources, save MIDI note control over FC position, and manual control via your DAW's automation. Nice freebee.
On a number of Macs

KVRAF
6485 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Darkest Kent, UK

Post Wed May 05, 2021 10:29 pm

Sounds nice, the low pass phaser is an interesting option, sounds great modulated over a pad.

Thanks.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

KVRAF
4324 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 pm

Nice filter. Here's Rift Lite being abused by an acoustic drum mix and manual automation.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/mi ... zf7utHiaqY

KVRAF
32507 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 am

Thankyou for the freebie - I think Rift looks interesting but at the moment I am not enjoying the sound of this filter with high resonance, it breaks up too much and gets too boomy for me.

KVRian
886 posts since 8 Mar, 2009

Post Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 am
Thankyou for the freebie - I think Rift looks interesting but at the moment I am not enjoying the sound of this filter with high resonance, it breaks up too much and gets too boomy for me.
Yeah, ditto. It rings too much and lacks some kind of drive stage in the filter loop. Doesn't need to be fancy, even a simple soft clipper would do the trick, but beyond a certain amount of resonance currently i find it a bit unusable

Decent freebie though. I would guess this is somewhat based on the Z-Plane/Morpheus filters in the old E-Mu samplers and rompler/synth things?
I

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Thu May 06, 2021 10:21 am

TIMT wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 am
aMUSEd wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 am
Yeah, ditto. It rings too much and lacks some kind of drive stage in the filter loop. Doesn't need to be fancy, even a simple soft clipper would do the trick, but beyond a certain amount of resonance currently i find it a bit unusable

Decent freebie though. I would guess this is somewhat based on the Z-Plane/Morpheus filters in the old E-Mu samplers and rompler/synth things?
Hey,

Thanks for checking us out and posting some feedback!

Rift Filter Lite is taken from our upcoming product Rift, which provides multiple stages of distortion/soft-clipping in a similar way to what you're describing. I really like the idea of adding an optional drive stage to RFL, and we'll try to get it into the next update. Thanks!

I haven't used the filters you mentioned, but they do look similar!

Best,
Ben from Minimal Audio

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Thu May 06, 2021 10:27 am

GaryG wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:29 pm
Sounds nice, the low pass phaser is an interesting option, sounds great modulated over a pad.

Thanks.
I'm glad you're enjoying it! LP Phaser is one of my favorite filter types in the plugin. It can sound very "liquid" to my ears.

Thanks for checking us out!

KVRist
40 posts since 1 Jan, 2021

Post Thu May 06, 2021 10:31 am

Free, but needs activation.
AudioThing|Cableguys|Dmitry Sches|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Synapse Audio|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP|u-he

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Thu May 06, 2021 10:33 am

plexuss wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 pm
Nice filter. Here's Rift Lite being abused by an acoustic drum mix and manual automation.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/mi ... zf7utHiaqY
Very cool! Thanks for sharing and checking out the freebie :D

KVRist
82 posts since 6 May, 2017

Post Thu May 06, 2021 10:39 am

Is the full version going to have more morphing filter types? Please look at the Emu. There are tons of people who will snap this up, given more options for morphing.

KVRAF
29976 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu May 06, 2021 10:56 am

Thanks for the free offer. Will check it out later tonight ...

Return to “Effects”