Why still so much Intel?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:29 pm also, the M in M1 stands for MOBILE. it was one of their original mobile processors they propagated to the FAILED M1 macbooks..... then upgraded with more cores and propagate to the rest of the line from there. not the first time they have turned from intel huh?

its lower heat for a reason. the lower heat comes from lower resources being called on in osx.
M1 beat any other laptop processor, on performance per dollar and performance per watt. That is not a failure.

It produces less heat, because it has dedicated low power cores and has a lower TDP. It is the first 5nm laptop processor.

Experience. Intel worked and will work, AMD had big trouble processing plugins and DAWs on my end. Some dev explained to me the AMD CPU had to emulate certain instructions and vectorizations.

@ echo, all correct, they broke from ibm to chase lower heat cores (apple). its what they have always done. today they are zeroed in on cars tho. automated transportation is what everyone wants, and it can happen now with the money. you have to convince everyone it's ok to be tracked tho.... i have my own opinions, but that's for the greater public. i don't think that is so easy.

there is so much f**king tech about to be shoved down your throats you won't know which way is up. and it will probably come out of texas, which is ground zero rn.

im experienced here.... Oregon did an ok job of chasing cali out.... but not without affects. portland was demolished. they are now moving into Houston.

Magnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:45 pm Experience. Intel worked and will work, AMD had big trouble processing plugins and DAWs on my end. Some dev explained to me the AMD CPU had to emulate certain instructions and vectorizations.
When was this and what software was it?

Intel is consistently ahead of AMD, when it comes to AVX and so on. That is a very valid point, for audio stuff. How many devs are actually on the bleeding edge, though?

look guys, as it stands rn today, quantum is more a code then a processor, but the bleeding edge already has working quantum processors.... this is what everyone is dealing with on the processor side.... how do we move forward with this? it obviously works.... everything from code up will have to be changed. you will, of course, be able to use resources at your discretion to machine code it.

jens wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:06 pm No, AMD are clearly ahead of the game now... especially in the mobile segment Intel simply can't compete at all with AMD.
give them a couple of years

They both suck, AMD will always cut corners in bad ways and produce shitty software. Intel sees themselves as superior and will never pull their heads out of their own butts.

*No doubt the fanbois will disagree, I've been dealing with them both in one way or another for 30 yrs
at least. They suck, believe you me. :x

pekbro wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 pm They suck, believe you me. :x
Do you know something we don't?

:ud:

Dasheesh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:25 pm look guys, as it stands rn today, quantum is more a code then a processor
It’s really more of a flavor. You feel it out, man. You can’t think it with your brain. Gotta feel it in your soul. It’s like if a roll of paper towels had a society. You put the astronaut in the space suit and on the other side you take him back out of the space suit. That’s quantum.
I hate signatures too.

they both suck. if humanity is going to pin its hopes on a virtual future in smartphones, then we need a third party player at least, and im not talking Lenox.... eventually another player has to throw their hat in while these two guys are lazy.

and dont take your peep eye off google.... they are the central player. evil to their black heart.

IMO, they need to scrap the central cpu idea all together, very large arrays of cheaper less powerful processors is what's needed here. Divide the job among many, gpu computing is a good way to go, but this requires a system that is designed around that. Intel and AMD are just trying to stall technology and keep themselves business.

pekbro wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm IMO, they need to scrap the central cpu idea all together, very large arrays of cheaper less powerful processors is what's needed here. Divide the job among many, gpu computing is a good way to go, but this requires a system that is designed around that. Intel and AMD are just trying to stall technology and keep themselves business.
you are talking about an "array", a few new hardware synthesizers are using a "field array". quantum processors will be an array alignment as well.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:30 pm
pekbro wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm IMO, they need to scrap the central cpu idea all together, very large arrays of cheaper less powerful processors is what's needed here. Divide the job among many, gpu computing is a good way to go, but this requires a system that is designed around that. Intel and AMD are just trying to stall technology and keep themselves business.
you are talking about an "array", a few new hardware synthesizers are using a "field array". quantum processors will be an array alignment as well.
Well, it's a good idea... :) But they need to increase the scale, well except for the quantum stuff anyway.

pekbro wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 pm They both suck, AMD will always cut corners in bad ways and produce shitty software. Intel sees themselves as superior and will never pull their heads out of their own butts.

*No doubt the fanbois will disagree, I've been dealing with them both in one way or another for 30 yrs
at least. They suck, believe you me. :x
I'm pro AMD and I will admit that their graphics drivers do suck. I don't see how software relates to their CPUs though.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”