What limiter do you use, if any?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nugen Audio ISL
FabFilter Pro-L
Easy to use, not too many knob.

literally anything but Fruity Limiter. Switch that shit out.

Toneboosters Baricade CM
TDR Liminter 6
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

wwjd wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:30 pm LOUDMAX ticks all three boxes: great fast cheap

I mostly mix audio with video and Loudmax is wonderful for limiting AND bringing up if needed on many tracks or even specific clips, with no time loss for tweaking: tune, done, move on. dialog, music, fx
+1

It is very nice, considering it's a freebie!

i used to use L1 ( waves) but i recently became a voxengo premium member and now it is elephant, it is the best limiter i have use since i begun music with a computer.
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

jonalyn wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:17 am waves l1 and fabfilter L2 for mixing but elephant is huge !
Is there a particular reason why you would use one over the other?

DMG Limitless is my favorite.

TDR Limiter 6 GE
A well-behaved signature.

pafing wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:22 pm
jonalyn wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:17 am waves l1 and fabfilter L2 for mixing but elephant is huge !
Is there a particular reason why you would use one over the other?
easy of use , sound and serial protection only.
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

+1 for ToneBoosters Barricade.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

I use a PSP Twin-L followed by an L1

Just Fabfilter Pro-L2 and MeldaProduction MDynamics with ratio set to infinity for ease of use, transparancy and fairly userfriendly copyprotection. I use them mostly for removing annoying occasional peaks that add nothing to the overall sound, or with a bit of lookahead and equivalent attack (and hold if available) time for making certain sounds more consistent so they don't just drown out at times when I don't want them to. If I want a little character I'll grab Boz Big Clipper (usually in combination with some saturation from some other plugin). I'm not all that proficient with dynamic processing though, and I do experimental electronic stuff I mostly see little reason to bother anyone else with.

Hi, new here, what do you think about bx_limiter true peak? Saw it is not on anyone's list, is that for a reason? Thanks!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”