Pure Data in your DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael L wrote:High hopes....
Indeed. It purports to run vanilla only, and no extensions yet. The included demos work here too (Win32). Though I've yet to get any other patches to run yet. (Perhaps Camomile needs it's own thread?)

Pytchblend wrote:
Michael L wrote:High hopes....
Indeed. It purports to run vanilla only, and no extensions yet. The included demos work here too (Win32). Though I've yet to get any other patches to run (my noob). (Perhaps Camomile needs it's own thread?)

Pytchblend wrote: Though I've yet to get any other patches to run yet.
Me too, I believe its because in the How to Create Patches section "To avoid conflicts between several instances of the plugin, you must always use $0 in the receive symbol. This rule is not only valid for parameters but also for all the send and receive symbol of the patches (see the FAQ for further information)."
Pytchblend wrote:(Perhaps Camomile needs it's own thread?)
I would first ask the dev Mr Guillot because he set up an Issues forum on GitHub.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

duplicate post - bin me.

another duplicate post. pls delete.

woggle wrote: did they ever fix the poor event timing from synthmaker in flowstone?
Yes, pretty much. We have a 'Ruby' code window now.
It will generate green events at 1000hz, but for most tasks you can be lighter on cpu and be slower.
It has really consistent time intervals, and purportedly locks to MIDI within FS.
I built a pitch shifter that granulizes in green float array, and welds the grains back together without discontinuities, so that requires quite a large degree of timing precision.

Ruby is a real nice language syntax wise, it parses almost like a person's statement.

rod_zero wrote:What would the advantage if PD over Max?
It's free and open source.

I just wanted to necro this thread, as I guess a lot has happened in the last five years.
Is there some experience with Camomile out there? Patch creators, examples?
rod_zero wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:35 pm What would the advantage if PD over Max?

This enviroments are already time consuming, I wouldnt like to waste time getting them to work inside a DAW when M4L exists.
Simply M4L only works in Live. Most M4L patches made by musicians are simple, and you could port simple Max patches easily to Pd. Max is the commercial fork of Pd...
I am a Max user since version 2, its second nature to me, but Live never clicked with me. I prefer Bitwig. Bitwigs Grid is great but very limited compared to Max or Pd. Camomile/Pd could fill the gap...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:55 pmMax is the commercial fork of Pd...
Its more complex than that; MAX existed first. Miller Puckette developed it at IRCAM, and extended it for dedicated audio hardware. He then left IRCAM and designed PureData. Parts of PureData became reused as a separately-purchasable realtime-audio-processing extension for MAX called MSP. Jitter was similarly an extension, foxussed on video.
MAX then integrated MSP (and then Jitter), and renamed to MAX/MSP. Later it became plain MAX again.

So technically, PD is an open source redesign of MAX, and MAX now includes the MSP side which was derived from part of PD... s'all rather complexificated.

Ontopic, though, NTrack aint that great, and I think PD export to VST is still a bit crude, so if someone wants to go down this route (Music-N languages in a VST host) Cabbage will build CSound into VSTs (and all Puremagnetik plugins are done with this, I think), or ModulysCS for Csound might be an another thing to look at.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”