RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

baciu wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:43 am Hi,

At the beginning I want to say that I absolutely love Rapid. The sound and the capabilities are really tremendous.
I have however one issue that is really bothering me. From time to time I have some random short clicks/crackle that occur especially when mangling with parameters during playback for example: adjusting the reverb decay (I can procure it intentionally when I push the decay way up) or filter adjustment, changing the intensity of grains or sometimes even at wave morphing or envelope change. It is nothing deal breaking but it is sometimes annoying.

Can anyone tell me if you occur anything similar? I have made all the necessary hardware and windows optimization. The CPU (ryzen 3900X) does not go higher than 2-3% with no spikes, no drops according to latency mon, nothing. These occasional clicks are there however even at 512 buffer. Considering the intensity of math inside Rapid I hope this is a normal behaviour and should not worry about it.

Would be grateful for some feedback from you.

Best Regards,
Sebastian
I have exact same processor with 64 gigs of ram on X570 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) board, audio interface is MOTU M2 with their newest drivers. I just checked with Rapid 1.8.5.12 on Ableton 11.0.2 and no issues with crackling. I've tried automating decay with lfo using difrrent rates and still no crackles. CPU usage is the same as yours, approx. 3% in max.

Ps. regarding below comment on envelopes, no issues on my side, no crackles - everything runs smooth, even within tightest settings.
I tested all above on preset called Chorus X Dynamic (90 BPM) to be precise.
Last edited by DanielPL on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Check amp and filter envelopes (Attack-Decay-Release). They are very aggressive and clicky in Rapid in my experience.

At the beginning I want to say that I absolutely love Rapid. The sound and the capabilities are really tremendous.
I have however one issue that is really bothering me. From time to time I have some random short clicks/crackle that occur especially when mangling with parameters during playback for example: adjusting the reverb decay (I can procure it intentionally when I push the decay way up) or filter adjustment, changing the intensity of grains or sometimes even at wave morphing or envelope change. It is nothing deal breaking but it is sometimes annoying.

Can anyone tell me if you occur anything similar? I have made all the necessary hardware and windows optimization. The CPU (ryzen 3900X) does not go higher than 2-3% with no spikes, no drops according to latency mon, nothing. These occasional clicks are there however even at 512 buffer. Considering the intensity of math inside Rapid I hope this is a normal behaviour and should not worry about it.

Best Regards,
Sebastian

thanks guys for quick reply, maybe it is my scarlett issue, I will try to investigate it more

DanielPL wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am

Best Regards,
Sebastian
I have exact same processor with 64 gigs of ram on X570 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) board, audio interface is MOTU M2 with their newest drivers. I just checked with Rapid 1.8.5.12 on Ableton 11.0.2 and no issues with crackling. I've tried automating decay with lfo using difrrent rates and still no crackles. CPU usage is the same as yours, approx. 3% in max.

Ps. regarding below comment on envelopes, no issues on my side, no crackles - everything runs smooth, even within tightest settings.
I tested all above on preset called Chorus X Dynamic (90 BPM) to be precise.
Funny thing. I did the same here with assigning lfo to the fx parameters, reverb decay and chorus x depth all the way up and down and no pops nor crackles. The thing occurs when I manually change it with mouse only during playback.

baciu wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:35 pm Funny thing. I did the same here with assigning lfo to the fx parameters, reverb decay and chorus x depth all the way up and down and no pops nor crackles. The thing occurs when I manually change it with mouse only during playback.
No crackles regardless of way I change parameters - click or mousewheel turn. It's probably obvious but you can hear crackles when you have too busy effects chain with master volume for whole plugin cranked too high (clipping).

I get a random crackle sometimes from Rapid.. I'm on a windows 10 i7 laptop.. It is nothing to do with CPU or anything like that and only VST I have ever had it with.. can just randomly do a little crackle noise now and again.. may be levels in Rapid, I need to investigate more but definitely something I have noticed.
It is my favourite VST at the minute so I don't have a problem with Rapid, I actually like it more and more.

Hi,

I would like to inform I found a solution. At the end it occured it is not Rapid related.

The clicks dissapeared after I turned on "save minimal undo state" in the compatibility mode inside the Reaper.

But why the heck this implies audio I have no idea. I use NVME and SSD drives and the history file is not anything significant in space (ot: if anyone can help me and point out where is the default history file path I would be grateful). I have an assumption this might be related to windows defender as well but I have to look deeper into this cause the clicks appear randomly and there is no logical connection. The only one that gave me hint was that the clicks appeared even when I was mangling parameters that were not automated or automating/connected to anything at all and also sometimes during saving the session project.

It is really surprising that such thing happens as my machine has rather good configuration and CPU use is on a level of 1-2%.

At the same time I want to clearly state this is not Rapid related issue and I would like to apologise to Rapid development team that I might give some shade on their great work.

I must say as well that I had a great and active support from Parawave who reacted very quickly on my issue and was investigating the case and tried to help me.

Now I can happily dive into the synth and enjoy its enormous capabilities.

Best Regards,
Sebastian

baciu wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:23 pm (...)

At the same time I want to clearly state this is not Rapid related issue and I would like to apologise to Rapid development team that I might give some shade on their great work.

I must say as well that I had a great and active support from Parawave who reacted very quickly on my issue and was investigating the case and tried to help me.
(...)
Hi,

That's the purpose of the forum, to ask questions, therefore I don't think you've done anything wrong - being so polite shows you in good light :tu:
I don't know much about Reaper but feature you've pointed is mentioned by other developers also, take as an example Melda's documentation.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/s ... quirements

Code: Select all

Reaper
Cockos

To avoid clicks after parameter changes, select all plugins in the plugin list, click right mouse button and enable 'Save minimal undo states'
Take care

Win10 is mostly pure crap as you dont have crackles first but then after 2-4 weeks it starts again even if you didnt change anything. I speculate it is win10 and its gorrible updates and features! Cause even when you delay their updates it gets no better just after you update it suddenly is normal again. Why? I speculate win10 loads crap even if you dont want to.
And i got more experiencing this. Win 7 could be offline and no updates running and had no such probs once u had the right updates.
Well all these os drive you to stay always online and send/receive so called telemetry data who knows what is transmitted even if you deactivate it officially... the only way i see is a linuxbased system....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I just want the MSEG added asap (and them granular and spectral FX please). That would be lovely.

I've got a weird problem with Rapid 1.8.5 this morning. It has been working fine but this morning I went to use it and it is silent.

Playing my controller keyboard I can see the notes in the Rapid UI responding but there's no audio output.

Checking the audio setup in the host (various including, Cakewalk, Studio One, Savihost and Cantabile) and all is correctly set up. All other plugins work fine e.g. Dune 3 and VPS Avenger etc.

So I uninstalled and re-installed everything and imported my license file again but there's still no audio output. I cannot think of anything else to try.

One thing I discovered when flicking through various presets is that I DO get a blip sound on preset Plucks - Blip Blop but nothing else that I have found.

I will contact Parawave support next but I wondered if anyone has any ideas? Thanks

UPDATE: I managed to fix it by re-activating which I had already tried but it seems the license file I downloaded before from Parawave no longer works, so I had to re-authorise with a newly generated license file from the Parawave website. I'm not sure why it stopped working in the first place. Could a BIOS update have caused it? I had to do one for my B550 board as I will be fitting a new CPU this week (going from 3600 to 5800x).

Could a BIOS update have caused it?
I've had this with a BIOS update. Also with changes to the amount of memory installed in the machine. A more prominent indication that Rapid has deactivated would be helpful.

Splidge wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:58 pm
Could a BIOS update have caused it?
I've had this with a BIOS update. Also with changes to the amount of memory installed in the machine. A more prominent indication that Rapid has deactivated would be helpful.
Agreed, a clear "Deactivated" message in big red text on the main page would have stopped me trying loads of other stuff first.

If you are looking for some alternative skins for Rapid, I've created some which you can download for free. Currently, there are around seven variations you can find vie the two download links.

Rapid GUI Thread

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Hey. Any news about updates? Pretty calm in this thread. I almost can hear coding noise :)

Return to “Instruments”