Extreme Sample Converter - Current User Comments/Experiences?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a reasonably-priced sample converter to convert some samples for use as Renoise instruments. ESC seems to fit the bill, but it doesn't look like it has been updated in a while (which, in and of itself, does not worry me). Does anyone here still use this, and if so, would you recommend it?

Thanks!

If I follow what you want to do, be aware of this:
ESC_NoSampleMapping.jpg
(ESC has a place, but that ain't it :roll: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

While NTO is quite correct, ESC can't do direct sample to instrument conversion, there is a workaround. Using ESC's VSTi Converter to load the sample(s) you want into a sample player VSTi and create a Renoise instrument from that.

Interesting - thanks! If I understand correctly, though, I should be able to use ESC to convert (for example), old SampleTank libraries directly to Renoise instruments - is that correct?

Yep. That's it. There are some limitations from format to format, but mostly it does it's job.

Great - thanks! I am going to try the demo this weekend.

Tried to load Sample Tank 3 here:
ESC_NoSampleTank3-64bit.jpg
It does show Sample Tank 1 file conversion, thought I'd found one here, but no:
ESC_NoSampleTank2-filet.jpg
Test conversion of a couple Hybrid notes to see if you can load the output
Renoise Test.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks! I will check it out and let you know.

ESC is 32-bit only, which might be an issue.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

afaik it only does Sample Tank 1, but if that is what you have, you should be good to go.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Yep. ESC doesn't handle 64 bit plugins, which is the only format available for Sampletank 3+. You might get it working via jBridge though.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”