Hey - What's all that noise here?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man. I am ABSOLUTELY sure of what I'm hearing, 100%. This is simply the choir synth changing chord. It has noise on it. It might be switching sample when changing chord, and that's why it seems that the noise is suddenly appearing. If you pay attention the "noise" tone is changing every time the choir changes chords in the song.

On my monitors it's very obvious that THIS is what's playing in the background :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdMMfX ... sp=sharing

You simply have to find what synth they used and you'll find the right choir patch.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Well, you can hear it clearly at 0'49... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This sounds interesting. I think I'll come back to those modular synths at a later time when it's more appropriate. Rome wasn't built in a day they say so it's probably not a good idea to dive right into modular synths now and reconstruct some 808 sounds instead. But I'll do this later. It will be very interesting to me later. :tu:

I've got a good approximation in my simple Serum now as I intended to get it even though I had to experiment with this for DAYS and basically do it all on my own. All I wanted is to get that noise sound in Serum or Vital for now and it actually worked quite well. Yes, I knew it would be possible to do it in Serum and it's not the classical 808 sound or simply some highpassed white noise that I could hear. It was something else, a special type of noise and it only needed some fine tuning tricks. I found out after hours and hours of experimenting, almost despairing, but then I found out myself how to also do this in a simple synth like Serum. All it would have taken was some concrete tips like "Oh, don't take this noise, take THAT noise, then set this filter to... and put an LFO here. And you also need to... That will give you the sound in Serum! Have fun!"
But I'm quite happy with that sound I have created now... :D

Yeah, first things first I always say.

I still haven't found any original samples for the sound which I've already recreated in the meantime and I'm not experienced with sample sounds but nobody posted anything and so it doesn't matter...
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

What's this? DJErmac just posted something (while I was typing) that may be interesting.
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

juno987654321 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:11 am What'S this? DJErmac just posted something that may be interesting.
Man, I'm absolutely sure I'm right. Really.

Listen to the song focusing on the "noise", you'll get that it changes tone every single time the synth choir changes chords. This is simply the choir synth. ;)

Want a proof ? Listen here : only the choir synth is playing, and the "noise" is still here... ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ko24ui ... sp=sharing

Perfect! This choir patch will help for the recreation of the overall song and I think you're right! I can clearly hear some of this in the song, too.

Though this is also not really related to the noise I was aiming at, don't worry: this is also something that will certainly help to recreate the overall song and I've got the other (more high pitched) noise already.

This choir sound is mixed with some other stuff that they didn't use in "Eternity" and it's also faster, but the choir sound itself and some of the accompanying noise is very similar.

Where is this choir sound you got there from?
Last edited by juno987654321 on Sun May 09, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

So far the closest I've found is this one :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jZvzIr ... sp=sharing

They both are from an expansion for Avenger...
The second preset is "Makina Legend".

This one :
https://www.rewiredrecords.co.uk/produc ... st-presets

I've tried a shot in the dark, as the Korg M1 was one of the most used synths at the time, but none of the M1 choir synths fit.

If you simply want a few samples we can work this out via PM. ;)

If you think that you have some samples that might help to recreate the song I'd be glad for anything you could send and I'll have a look at this.

This is now all more related to the whole song itself rather than the noise I was writing about here (which in my view is one of the more difficult parts to be recreated).

But in the end we will probably soon have a project coming on recreating the whole song in the sound design section of this forum, so that might help with it when we try to figure out how to create the individual sounds from scratch. I generally like to recreate everything from scratch but samples do help because there you can have the sounds in isolation which should be recreated and that will make things easier for the analysis. So just feel free. I'll post you my email address via a private message.

Return to “Effects”