Voxengo PowerShaper saturation/distortion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.voxengo.com/product/powershaper/

i've been demoing this little thing for a few days now, and it seems pretty unique.
It doesn't work similar to any other of my saturators, and it seems to be pretty level dependent and very responsive, controls are just weird tho...

Even at extreme settings it doesn't produce any harshness, but it doesn't sound like a low-pass either.
I mean, controls tho, just weird. But that's usual with Voxengo's saturators.

oh, so this exists, eh.
gonna demo it as well, wouldn't mind having something a bit like shinechilla but that you can use in a project.
also been looking for something with bias control, for that CV vibe.
just look at that wood on the sides, with the classy trim, no sound through it yet but very warm already.

acYm wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:15 pm oh, so this exists, eh.
gonna demo it as well, wouldn't mind having something a bit like shinechilla but that you can use in a project.
just look at that wood on the sides, with the classy trim, no sound through it yet but very warm already.
I 0-opacitied the wood tho :)

I bought the premium subscription in the end, this plug is fun. But all his saturation/exciters are.
Its nothing like shinechilla tho.

ooh, I see, that bias knob has no relation with tube bias, it's a switch between transistor and tube algo's.
not quite what I'm looking for then, but it does sound quite good yes. I like the presets, they all seem to do something useful.
at 4x on a 88.2k session, moving the controls jams a whole thread, can always count on voxengo to work that cpu...

in the end, for me it's too similar to redoptor 2 which I already have and enjoy, but this seems like a good alternative.

PowerShaper "transformers" preset pack.
"Transformer" and "Tranformer Hot" i forgot what inspired them.
Others were inspired by Kush Omegas, some are really close (-40dB cancellation close).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”