Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
User avatar
KVRAF
29948 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu May 06, 2021 12:58 pm

I only have the one "proper" fully modular synth. Its a Pittsburgh Modular VRL and its still baffling the f**k outta me. I've got as far as getting some farty sounds from it, but nothing useful :hihi:

User avatar
KVRAF
3868 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Thu May 06, 2021 2:18 pm

I actually have enough patch cables, but I still want to get some more so I can have them in the exact sizes I want. tbh honest, I haven't bought any cables in a couple years though.

*Also I'd like them to match, I don't enjoy having many different design types.

User avatar
KVRAF
2207 posts since 7 Jul, 2003 from Huntington, WV

Post Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm

pekbro wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:18 pm
I actually have enough patch cables, but I still want to get some more so I can have them in the exact sizes I want. tbh honest, I haven't bought any cables in a couple years though.

*Also I'd like them to match, I don't enjoy having many different design types.
That's where you and I differ. I'd ideally like for every single one of my synth patch cables to look unique. That way, it's much easier to trace the wiring from point A to point B, without getting confused about "which white cable out of these thirty white cables in this tangled rat's nest of white cables" is the other end of this white cable connected to my VCF cutoff? :hihi:

There's a good reason factories color code wiring harnesses inside electronic equipment! :D
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

User avatar
KVRAF
3868 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Thu May 06, 2021 4:40 pm

I don't need to trace wiring in the modular at least. To me it's a mechanical system, and because
of that I always know what is going on and what I'm doing as my brain works that way. I can also recreate a patch from memory later on. :borg:

User avatar
KVRAF
11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 am

I think there was a time when I wanted to do color coded patches cables but I gave up on that. I like having lots of colors, it makes it more fun to patch and (not that it matters) I think it looks neat. Like abstract art.

I end up with a lot of black cables though and I notice that when I'm in a bad mood I tend to grab those before the more colorful ones. If my synths are patched with all black cables, it's probably best to give me some room. :lol:

@Pekbro: I have excellent patch memory as well, because I'm constantly thinking in terms of signal flow anyway. I do everything I can to defeat that part of my brain. It's always spoiling all of the surprises and wonder!

KVRAF
7357 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri May 07, 2021 7:38 am

Updated my DAW less standing synth area with a Wavestate. One good latched arp and you don't really need a sequencer!

Image
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live, FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths, Drum Machines + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars & Basses

User avatar
KVRAF
11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 am

That looks like a fun setup!

User avatar
KVRAF
11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Fri May 07, 2021 7:40 am

Here is a shot of my banana rack...
Image

User avatar
addled muppet weed
79167 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri May 07, 2021 7:57 am

justin3am wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:40 am
Here is a shot of my banana
:o

User avatar
KVRAF
11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Fri May 07, 2021 8:06 am

I was hoping someone would take one of these banana posts out of context. :lol: I'm making it really easy.

KVRAF
6510 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Fri May 07, 2021 8:15 am

justin3am wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:06 am
I was hoping someone would take one of these banana posts out of context. :lol: I'm making it really easy.
And the "usual suspect" could.not.resist. :hihi:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

User avatar
addled muppet weed
79167 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri May 07, 2021 8:23 am

usual? how insulting!

User avatar
Beware the Quoth
29496 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 am

Shabdahbriah wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:15 am
justin3am wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:06 am
I was hoping someone would take one of these banana posts out of context. :lol: I'm making it really easy.
And the "usual suspect" could.not.resist. :hihi:
'unusual' suspect more like.
John Titor died for your sins!

KVRAF
6510 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Fri May 07, 2021 9:39 pm

whyterabbyt wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 am
Shabdahbriah wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:15 am
justin3am wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:06 am
I was hoping someone would take one of these banana posts out of context. :lol: I'm making it really easy.
And the "usual suspect" could.not.resist. :hihi:
'unusual' suspect more like.
Indeed... :dog: {sigh} what was I thinking. :hihi:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

User avatar
KVRAF
29948 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Sun May 09, 2021 5:23 pm

tcc_desk_demos_2021_web.jpg

Demoing some plugins ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”