Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I think they've had that deal twice so far.
I know they had it this past December.

If I can grab the D-50 for less than $100, I'll jump on that deal and let people know here too. Will be watching around Thanksgiving and Christmas for it. I've bitched for years about wanted a D-50 VST, and here it is. Side note: does it work offline?

I dunno. The more I think about this the more I am sort of attracted to the Roland Cloud thing at the Pro level. I don't need Ultimate and I still on the one year Pro license that came with my MC-707.

Here is another question for everyone. I am going to try their Concerto plugin. Are there any particular libraries that are particularly worth installing? I have a LOT of sample-based instruments for Kontakt and UVI Falcon/Workstation. I keep much of the Kontakt stuff on an external drive because there is so much. I just want to try one or two things to see how they sound and work.

The Play-4-Life deal looks pretty good. It is sort of like a rent-to-own deal.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

arkmabat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:48 am If I can grab the D-50 for less than $100, I'll jump on that deal and let people know here too. Will be watching around Thanksgiving and Christmas for it. I've bitched for years about wanted a D-50 VST, and here it is. Side note: does it work offline?
It works offline, but you will need to periodically go online to check authorization (like once a week)
Fernando (FMR)

Gribs wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:39 am I am going to try their Concerto plugin. Are there any particular libraries that are particularly worth installing?
I didn’t find a single one I’d want to use, but YMMV.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:48 pm
Gribs wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:39 am I am going to try their Concerto plugin. Are there any particular libraries that are particularly worth installing?
I didn’t find a single one I’d want to use, but YMMV.
I downloaded the Blip-Blop instrument. It was not that great. The preset volumes were all over the place, which was very annoying.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

So I definitely have been ignoring Roland's cloud thing. But, with the free membership and permanent licenses, I might be tempted (probably not TBH, but you know). I couldn't even find prices other than for some on sweetwater, I'm guessing you need to setup an account?

So you guys love to pimp Roland, maybe you can answer my questions:

1) Has there been an interesting version of the JD990?
2) Has there been a reasonably modern super rompler?
3) What is the most standout analog modeled synth, mono or poly?
4) Have they done the JP4/6/8?
5) What are typical prices for the permanent licenses?
6) How often do they go on sale, what are sale prices typically like?

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:23 am So I definitely have been ignoring Roland's cloud thing. But, with the free membership and permanent licenses, I might be tempted (probably not TBH, but you know). I couldn't even find prices other than for some on sweetwater, I'm guessing you need to setup an account?

Christ dude, just go read the basic details on the actual roland cloud page, every single one of your questions is answered there except #3 and #6, and as for 6, they haven't had any sales on them, I'm assuming because they want to incentivize people subscribing over buying licenses.

mholloway wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 am
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:23 am So I definitely have been ignoring Roland's cloud thing. But, with the free membership and permanent licenses, I might be tempted (probably not TBH, but you know). I couldn't even find prices other than for some on sweetwater, I'm guessing you need to setup an account?

Christ dude, just go read the basic details on the actual roland cloud page, every single one of your questions is answered there except #3 and #6, and as for 6, they haven't had any sales on them, I'm assuming because they want to incentivize people subscribing over buying licenses.
Thanks for answering 6. It's not clear to me if that's the case. I can see the "featured instruments" and I see, yes, the JP8 has been done. Alright, I see that I can look at their catalog. It's still confusing as hell though because of all of their marketing bullshit. I still don't see any prices anywhere, however.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:42 am
mholloway wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 am

Thanks for answering 6. It's not clear to me if that's the case. I can see the "featured instruments" and I see, yes, the JP8 has been done. Alright, I see that I can look at their catalog. It's still confusing as hell though because of all of their marketing bullshit. I still don't see any prices anywhere, however.
https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/

For the subscription, see the membership prices. For the lifetime key option (the permanent purchase) click on lifetime key.

So~! what are you guys hoping for next from Roland Cloud?

Shiek927 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm So~! what are you guys hoping for next from Roland Cloud?
A Jupiter-6. Preferably one that sounds great (I have a very low opinion of the System-8/Roland Cloud ACB Jupiter-8). Jupiter-4.

MKS-70 / JX 10 - last of the big 80s Roland analog polysynths along with a programmer that can be fully MIDI-mapped

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Shiek927 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm So~! what are you guys hoping for next from Roland Cloud?
A software TR-8s with good host integration would be a great option to have.

arkmabat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:48 am I've bitched for years about wanted a D-50 VST, and here it is.
Side note: does it work offline?
I just tried it this morning while being disconnected and it worked fine.

More info from their website:
Q: Does a Lifetime Key still need to authorize? A: Lifetime Keys will need to connect to the internet through Roland Cloud Manager once every seven days.

Return to “Instruments”