Make sure these 3 strings are like this and save file:

<key>FirstRun</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>NeedScan</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>fxp2inm_migration</key>
<string>migrated</string>
Those items are not in my prefs here, crazy
Then you can just add them manually. Make sure you're editing the user BFD prefs file and not the BFD prefs from the system library. Also, I believe you need to restart your computer for the changes to stick?

thanks, i was able to edit plist file with PlistEdit Pro trial version. Problem solved now

Iva wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:23 pm thanks, i was able to edit plist file with PlistEdit Pro trial version. Problem solved now
I was able to do it with that app. The main thing was changing it the migration from deferred to migrated on that entry and it worked.

Now just that pesky Key Chain entry is left to fix which I would guess will be fixed in the next fix.
No matter how many times you allow it it still asks EVERY DAMN TIME

BFD means something different to me these days. Big F'd Up Drums. :clap:

Weirdly, it doesn't always demand it here and I couldn't say why it does or doesn't situationally. Yesterday after a restart of the computer I loaded the project without being hassled, more than once, and been surprised it asked after a simple relaunch of the project.

Everything working, I think the new FX have added 'bloat' (for me, I don't often go for special FX on drums like this) as a larger VE Pro project won't quit normally. But it is just stable and works without issue.

Was curious about that plist, opening it in text editor removes the salient bits for basically just the hex string, so that kind of editor would be needed. It all migrated automatically and seamlessly here, but the Allow/Deny dialog was impossible as it wouldn't use my password at first. I gave it a rest to come back the next day, and my gremlins felt like vacating I guess.

great!

shanabit wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:48 pm
Iva wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:23 pm thanks, i was able to edit plist file with PlistEdit Pro trial version. Problem solved now
I was able to do it with that app. The main thing was changing it the migration from deferred to migrated on that entry and it worked.

Now just that pesky Key Chain entry is left to fix which I would guess will be fixed in the next fix.

Ok, I've been having the same issue with macOS Keychain, but I think I've sorted it. I have 2 inMusic keychain entries. I right-clicked and selected get info for each. Then checked Ask to allow access, but don't ask for keychain password. Then add BFD3 LM.app, BFD3.app and whatever DAW you're using. Then lock the keychain, though after a restart the keychain is unlocked again, but I didn't get a prompt for either plugin or standalone. Keeping the keychains to allow all apps for access (top checkbox) doesn't work, even if you add the apps. It just reverts and the apps you added to allow access disappear.

Also, not sure if this matters or not, but in macOS Sys Prefs/Privacy/Accesibility, you can add BFD3 LM, Standalone and DAW. However, the keychain seems to be the real problem.

Edit: Idk... this keychain business is perplexing. Thought I had it sorted, but no.
Last edited by Fender_Bender on Tue May 11, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

over all these years, keychain on mac makes me nervous, because of multiples and dodgy interactions so I have a bad disposition coming in

jancivil wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:02 pm over all these years, keychain on mac makes me nervous, because of multiples and dodgy interactions so I have a bad disposition coming in
Yeah, same for me. One of these days I should delete and start a new one, but I'm at the point where if that sucker is working ok, then just leave it be.

Speaking of doubles, is there supposed to be two inMusic keychain entries, or one? I think I deleted one and then it appeared again.

Still trying to figure out how to authorize BFD and BFD 2 sounds. Anybody have any luck with it?

AJ_0000 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:27 am Still trying to figure out how to authorize BFD and BFD 2 sounds. Anybody have any luck with it?
Sorry if I am misunderstanding, but, you have send a PM to Drew (Amberience) and he will sort it out, for BFD you get a Eldorado serial, and for BFD2 you get a London Sessions serial, they contain all the BFD/BFD2 stuff.
Say NO to CLAP!

Fender_Bender wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:26 pm
shanabit wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:48 pm

Ok, I've been having the same issue with macOS Keychain, but I think I've sorted it. I have 2 inMusic keychain entries. I right-clicked and selected get info for each. Then checked Ask to allow access, but don't ask for keychain password. Then add BFD3 LM.app, BFD3.app and whatever DAW you're using. Then lock the keychain, though after a restart the keychain is unlocked again, but I didn't get a prompt for either plugin or standalone. Keeping the keychains to allow all apps for access (top checkbox) doesn't work, even if you add the apps. It just reverts and the apps you added to allow access disappear.

Also, not sure if this matters or not, but in macOS Sys Prefs/Privacy/Accesibility, you can add BFD3 LM, Standalone and DAW. However, the keychain seems to be the real problem.
I hope they fix this quickly, because it is very annoying.

Hey all,
I'm back in the 'office' now. Will get to your messages and comments today.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:57 am Hey all,
I'm back in the 'office' now. Will get to your messages and comments today.
Thanks - I have my new larger NVMe drive all ready to install when I get the packs :-)

Thread Too Long, Couldnt Find:

My system is, and for the forseeable future, will stay Win 7. I assume the InMusic downloadable version is Win10 only. So, my questions are:

If I dont migrate my account for the meantime, will FXpansion license manager still continue to work for legacy versions?
If I do migrate my account instead, am I right that any new license system wont work for legacy versions?
Will the option to migrate accounts stay open?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Drew's stepped up and sorted out my old BFD 1/2 licensing, which was impressively fast.

However...the question I asked previously doesn't appear to have been resolved by the content update.

The BFD 1 kits that I've created (and I assume BFD 2 - I've yet to load the BFD 3 content to support it) don't appear as kits (or presets), which is what I was reassured would happen.

How does one get them to appear as kits to load in BFD 3 (I really don't want to have to rebuild them all)? The BFD 1 path is in the scan path with no errors recorded against it.

Return to “Instruments”