Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

Great suggestions, @padillac. Thank you. I've put these on the to-do list.

Great vid! As always with Venus Theory.

Well done Shane, that autosave/revert functionality in v1.5 is an excellent and long wished for addition :tu:

Not sure if this has been requested before or not, but something really cool would be layer level key/scale quantisers and maybe a master input scale quantiser especially if it was smart enough to overwrite the output of MIDI FX like BluArp and other midi layers so that at the point notes get sent to instruments they’ve all been quantised into the master key/scale (e.g. C minor). Obviously you can’t do a lot about the instruments themselves e.g. if an Omnisphere patch has a -1 semitone tuning set inside Omnisphere. Plus maybe a range selection for that so that keyswitches on A1, for example, are unaffected or instead a way to make a MIDI layer opt out of key/scale changes would be more flexible.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

@WatchTheGuitar I've been thinking about some kind of scale remap tool for some time. I'd make it an internal plug-in, so it could work on the (instrument) layer level, or be used on a MIDI layer to drive multiple instrument layers.

I got an email from Ilio today informing me of the available Unify 1.5 update. :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

One of the cool things with Unify DEMO is that any format of plug-in can load other formats of plug-ins – meaning the Audio Unit version can easily load VST3 and VST plug-ins while you’re using it in Logic Pro X (which doesn’t know what to do with VST or VST3 plug-ins).
before I dl the demo, can someone with knowledge of this answer a question please?

does the Win vst2.4 version, load vst3 plugins?

Yep - Just ran a VST2 instance of Unify with a VST3 instrument going through a VST3 effect and all fine.

It would be great to use Unify as a VST FX plug-in host.
This plugin has saved tons of projects where the validated AU plugins are not being seen by Logic Pro X on an M1 Mac.
That alone has been worth the price... and then there’s all the other possibilities:)

mcbpete wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:36 am Yep - Just ran a VST2 instance of Unify with a VST3 instrument going through a VST3 effect and all fine.
was that in a host that only loads vst2?

Took me a while to find a DAW installed on here that didn't have VST3 support but just checked Modplug Tracker (definitely VST2 only at the moment) - loaded the Unify vst2 plugin and made a chain with a vst3 instrument and vst3 effect and all good.

thanks very much, I'll dl and try

Akai VIP 3 is the only host I have that only loads VST2 plugins.

Opened up a Unify instance in VIP, then a layer of Warlock VST3 in Unify. So yes, VST3 plugins via Unify are possible in a VST2 only host.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”