2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sadly fairly basic even before nerve problems made things like soldering difficult. hard to hold the iron for too long, so would probably take a while with breaks every few mins.

not to worry, there's plenty of non diy stuff out there to tempt me :lol:
some interesting looking stuff there though :tu:

13:24 - 14:24 for my data bender!
currently 11:38 :cry:

You mean the strega? Yes it's pretty crazy. Can sounds very gentle to pretty brutal. Combines well with the 0-coast and you can do feedback loops, on board envelope follower and plenty of other goodies which sounds quite different everytime I tweak them. Yes good noises ahead.
vurt wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:43 pm
paradiddle wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:18 pm Picked up the 3 tabletop from make noise: 0-coast, 0-ctrl and strega. Really loving them. Next up some mics for drums and monitors (yamaha hs-8)
starting to feel like im the only one who didnt get one :cry:
definitely my next purchase (stocks permitting!)

the whole package there, youve got some good noises ahead :ud:
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:38 am 13:24 - 14:24 for my data bender!
I'm fairly confident that you will come to the conclusion rather quickly, that several of these would not be overkill. The 'instant gratification' and 'serendipitous' events, and 'ah-hah' moments, are over the top with this thing. (imho)

So I'll remind you now... pressing RECORD is your friend. :wink:
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Tue May 11, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:26 pm
I'm fairly confident that you will come to the conclusion rather quickly, that several of these would not be overkill. The 'instant gratification' and 'serendipitous' events, are over the top with this thing. (imho)

always do! both 2 track and stems :D

Screenshot_2021-05-11-13-30-25-558~2.jpg
yay! 13:30 not bad parcel force!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

paradiddle wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:29 am You mean the strega? Yes it's pretty crazy. Can sounds very gentle to pretty brutal. Combines well with the 0-coast and you can do feedback loops, on board envelope follower and plenty of other goodies which sounds quite different everytime I tweak them. Yes good noises ahead.
vurt wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:43 pm
paradiddle wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:18 pm Picked up the 3 tabletop from make noise: 0-coast, 0-ctrl and strega. Really loving them. Next up some mics for drums and monitors (yamaha hs-8)
starting to feel like im the only one who didnt get one :cry:
definitely my next purchase (stocks permitting!)

the whole package there, youve got some good noises ahead :ud:
yeah strega has been out of stock everywhere here, unless you're ok paying almost double to ebay fleecers :hihi:

i can wait, i have patience!

vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:34 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:26 pm
I'm fairly confident that you will come to the conclusion rather quickly, that several of these would not be overkill. The 'instant gratification' and 'serendipitous' events, are over the top with this thing. (imho)

always do! both 2 track and stems :D

Screenshot_2021-05-11-13-30-25-558~2.jpg

yay! 13:30 not bad parcel force!
Woo-Hoo!!! :party: :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

OOooh. Looks like a Meris pedal box!

I'm doing my own countdown today for Mimeophon, Rosie, and surprisingly Magnetophon! Mimeophon and Rosie are going to complete Pod1 because moddemix came yesterday.

I have no tapes here to use with Magnetophone and no spot for it (for now).

I ordered a Morphagene over the weekend too, but I haven't settled on keeping the same idea for 20hp.

Shabdahbriah made some good points about another 48hp case (giving better credit here this time I think), because I could always add some extra modules to make it another self-contained box if I want it to be. This time, Instead of another Rosie or XOH, I was looking at ALM Busy Circuit's HPO Headphone Output. It's just 2hp and it simply adds a single stereo out.

elxsound wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm and surprisingly Magnetophon!
Pththththt.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm
elxsound wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm and surprisingly Magnetophon!
Pththththt.
the sound a magnetophone makes?
or the sound "someone who didn't build theirs at the weekend" makes?

housework done!
tea done!
quick brew, then noodling time!!!!
so many things i want to try :wheee:

vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:56 pmthe sound "someone who didn't build theirs at the weekend" makes?
yup. :lol:

I did sort out the workbench, including soldering iron and tools, looked out the kit, downloaded the instructions and even got the resistors in place...

but it basically rained miserably all weekend, and it just put me off; I really couldnt be arsed doing much at all.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

ah well, least you've tidied the work space ready for when you can be arsed :lol:

elxsound wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm OOooh. Looks like a Meris pedal box!

I'm doing my own countdown today for Mimeophon, Rosie, and surprisingly Magnetophon! Mimeophon and Rosie are going to complete Pod1 because moddemix came yesterday.

I have no tapes here to use with Magnetophone and no spot for it (for now).

I ordered a Morphagene over the weekend too, but I haven't settled on keeping the same idea for 20hp.

Shabdahbriah made some good points about another 48hp case (giving better credit here this time I think), because I could always add some extra modules to make it another self-contained box if I want it to be. This time, Instead of another Rosie or XOH, I was looking at ALM Busy Circuit's HPO Headphone Output. It's just 2hp and it simply adds a single stereo out.
im sure i must at least be ahead of you in the restraint league? :lol:

nice little set up already, lots to learn, mimeophone, it's more than just a delay! :ud:

another noodle.
a drum, caught in mode one, stretched up to 7, then bring up the repeats, then smudge it a bit by modulating the two time knobs up and down a bit...
stretch and increase to self resonating repeats, add filter on one output and serve...

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... in%202.mp3

ive already got hours of mimeophone recordings :lol:

Cool stuff. 👍

The Cosmix has entered another 8 week wait cycle, I expect the same for the 7u case. And the Rabid hole Gate will surely need another year. 🤓

Well, I've sold around 520HP worth of modules and I'm down to 1044HP. I sold all of my skiffs, and removed the euro rails from my two 10U racks, so I need a new case for about half of the remaining modules.
I don't really want 1 large case, but I want something with a vertical section and a horizontal section. I decided to get a 14Ux126HP MDLR case: https://www.mdlrcase.com/eurorack-case- ... eries-pro/
This is a bigger case than I would normally prefer but at least I can separate the top and bottom sections and use them as separate synths. Increasingly, I prefer to have utilities in the 1u format, so this will give me a lot more of that. They are made to order, so it will take a few weeks to arrive. I'll need to decide whether I want to use their power solution or install my own.

I may also be adding to my Serge modular. A Soup Kitchen 1 and two custom panels. They will likely require some TLC, one of the panels is older than I am.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”