Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

lpr wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:36 am I love this VST
+1
This synth continues to impress...

Obsession has been updated to v1.1:

VST3 version.
Support for Big Sur and Apple M1 Macs.
Chorale mode added to the Reverb effect.
Double-X mode added to the Delay effect.
Line tool added to the LFO steps control.
Soften parameter for the LFO steps.
Arrow keys can rotate LFO steps.
Support for polyphonic aftertouch (pressure).
Extended mod matrix to 12 slots.

The addition of Poly Aftertouch is very nice, Doesn't seem to work with everything in the matrix but still very useful.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

How do you turn "soften" on? I see it. Clicking it does nothing. Stays "off." Using Reaper, VST2, Windows. EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but it's a knob. You have to drag up.

I really appreciate the extra mod slots. Still wish a basic triangle LFO was included, but easy enough to do with new line tool.

bob swans wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:27 pm The addition of Poly Aftertouch is very nice, Doesn't seem to work with everything in the matrix but still very useful.
Did you apply Poly AT to a voice destination? Since it is a polyphonic source, it will not work on global destinations such as effect parameters or the LFOs.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Can’t wait to try the polyphonic aftertouch on my Hydrasynth tomorrow- thank you so much for this great free updates.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Awesome update, thanks Richard!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:13 pm How do you turn "soften" on? I see it. Clicking it does nothing. Stays "off." EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but it's a knob. You have to drag up.
Huh ? :?

OB 051121.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:21 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:13 pm How do you turn "soften" on? I see it. Clicking it does nothing. Stays "off." EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but it's a knob. You have to drag up.
Huh ? :?

OB 051121.png
We looking in the same place?

Hey Richard, trying out the update now and the new features in the step LFO section are nice! I was thinking 'soften' was going to smooth out between the steps and not the entire LFO waveform, so that is an interesting surprise.

I am still missing one feature from the OB-Xa that I own, though, and that is the sawtooth LFO waveform shape on the performance panel. I know that you can draw or now use the line tool to create a sawtooth waveform in the LFO steps section, but it's different from the OB-Xa in a couple ways: One, when the speed is very low on Obsession, I can hear the steps of the stepped LFO, where the sawtooth LFO on the OB-Xa is not stepped. Second, the shape is probably not a perfect sawtooth on the OB-Xa and it would be cool if this shape could be emulated for complete authenticity.

Another possible option could be a 'smooth' feature in the LFO steps section that will smooth out the change between two steps.

Please consider a way to create a smooth sawtooth LFO and thanks for reading.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:26 pm We looking in the same place?
Same place different version. Must have been undocumented last minute change in the release version. I didn't bother installing it since I thought it must be the same as the last RC...... :-?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The manual even refers to it as a knob, which frankly makes more sense to me.

It's numerical here for me also.

Earlier versions of this update did use a knob for the LFO smooth function. It was quite a bit smaller than all the other knobs on the interface. Not much space there for a knob to begin with. I personally like the numerical approach better. I can see the exact parameter value at a glance without having to click on a tiny knob. I am not a beta tester nor am I affiliated with Synapse Audio in any way. I just had a few issues and contacted support. They sent me an early version of this update.

RobustAmerican wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:30 am Earlier versions of this update did use a knob for the LFO smooth function. It was quite a bit smaller than all the other knobs on the interface. Not much space there for a knob to begin with. I personally like the numerical approach better. I can see the exact parameter value at a glance without having to click on a tiny knob. I am not a beta tester nor am I affiliated with Synapse Audio in any way. I just had a few issues and contacted support. They sent me an early version of this update.
I'm fine seeing the values, there was just nothing to indicate that drag up/down is what changes the value. I kept clicking expecting it to go from "Off" to "On" or expecting a dropdown to appear.

It's not a big deal now that I know how it works.

Return to “Instruments”