Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Is there anybody here using Drumvolution who has successfully managed to get midi to export from the Kontakt instrument in piano roll ? I try but because of that stupid bug that isn't a bug it wants to open a new song for the midi and then it exports nothing into it and I can't figure out how to get it to work

Digivolt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm Is there anybody here using Drumvolution who has successfully managed to get midi to export from the Kontakt instrument in piano roll ? I try but because of that stupid bug that isn't a bug it wants to open a new song for the midi and then it exports nothing into it and I can't figure out how to get it to work
I don’t think there’s a way around that other than not using drag and drop. For some reason they set up midi import for a tiny edge case a long time ago (probably some little group of users wanted all substantial midi files to make a new song) and never adjusted it.

oneway wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:50 pm
Digivolt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm Is there anybody here using Drumvolution who has successfully managed to get midi to export from the Kontakt instrument in piano roll ? I try but because of that stupid bug that isn't a bug it wants to open a new song for the midi and then it exports nothing into it and I can't figure out how to get it to work
I don’t think there’s a way around that other than not using drag and drop. For some reason they set up midi import for a tiny edge case a long time ago (probably some little group of users wanted all substantial midi files to make a new song) and never adjusted it.
So midi export for Drumvolution is effectively broken in Studio One then ? It's not a terrible issue because I'd be drawing midi on the piano roll anyway but it's a shame it's a function that's not compatible unless there's a quirky way to extract it ?

I don’t use that plugin so I really don’t know... I think it has to do with a file size threshold and a multi-timbral Type setting or something like that so there are usually weird workarounds for any plugin that has this issue.

Damn that's a good marketing video:

https://youtu.be/Vl1b26oSkGI
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:59 pm Damn that's a good marketing video:

Personally, I think it's god awful... one of the worst Presonus has ever put out.

You can't focus on anything because of the constant moving skewed angles of the screens, which means the reference text is next to meaningless and there is not enough time to view each clip without having to pause the video. The music is pretty dreadful and adds to the confusion of the whole thing even if that's a matter of taste. Generally it's just bad from start to finish, if you can even get to the end that is. I was literally feeling motion sickness watching it, and couldn't make heads or tails of it.

The claim that it's the only DAW that does it all, is pretty obnoxious to be honest... because there's things it certainly can't do or doesn't have that other DAWs can and do.

Take Cubase "

Video Track
You can use the video track to play back video events. Video files are displayed as events/clips on the video track, with thumbnails representing the frames in the film.

To add a video track to your project, select Project > Add Track > Video."

Surround Sound:

"Cubase provides integrated surround sound features with support for several formats. All audio-related channels and busses can handle multichannel speaker configurations. A channel in the MixConsole can contain either complete surround mixes or an individual speaker channel which is part of a surround setup."
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

They forgot to mention: "The only DAW has it all, bugs including!" :lol:

Yes, the texts was moving fast, but it's ok. It's just an ad not a lecture.

I went back to Cubase as my main DAW (kept S1 as a secondary one) because I had several crashes and "strange" behaviour with some plugins. Not a major, but Cubase is more compatible with plugins it seems, although still S1 cpu handling seems better. Anyway, both are the best for me in workflow (S1 is slightly easier to handle).

Come on Presonus! It's time for a stability and almost "bugs free" upgrade 😎 I would pay only for that without any additional features.

Pretty much why if I could have only one DAW it would be Studio One
S1 with my little ATOM SQ is actually quite fun now as well as being a workhouse DAW.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:24 am a workhouse Daw
“please sir, I want some more”

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:28 am
SLiC wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:24 am a workhouse Daw
“please sir, I want some more”
:hihi: Bloody iPhone auto correct!
But I do always want more!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:09 am

Personally, I think it's god awful... one of the worst Presonus has ever put out.

I agree. when you read, you miss the video, if you just watch, hard to understand what is on screen with weird angles and fast cuts. Its like tripping :)
Would have been better with more calm shots and better placement of the writings, added with less distracting music. Ableton does this really well.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:09 am

Sure you are :D

It's a MARKETING video - it's supposed to be loud, colorful & flashy.
You want step-by-step list of features, go to the website.

:dog:
Music tech enthusiast

andypryce wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:51 am...Ableton does this really well.
This I agree with! But with a 600+ team they can afford to have a proper marketing & film crew (that was actually their recent job post on LinkedIn).
Music tech enthusiast

EnGee wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:21 am They forgot to mention: "The only DAW has it all, bugs including!" :lol:

Yes, the texts was moving fast, but it's ok. It's just an ad not a lecture.

I went back to Cubase as my main DAW (kept S1 as a secondary one) because I had several crashes and "strange" behaviour with some plugins. Not a major, but Cubase is more compatible with plugins it seems, although still S1 cpu handling seems better. Anyway, both are the best for me in workflow (S1 is slightly easier to handle).

Come on Presonus! It's time for a stability and almost "bugs free" upgrade 😎 I would pay only for that without any additional features.
Then again, recently there was a thread about how Steinberg had to reinstate older versions of Cubase 11 for download, because the latest updates were just introducing more bugs and causing massive issues for users.

My conclusion still stands that every major DAW on the market is a broken, buggy mess. Crashes, glitches, incompatibilities, inconsistent behaviors and broken features are rampart. Mostly, I think it's just because DAWs are incredibly complex pieces of software that have to function on vastly different setups and interact with a nearly infinite number of unique combinations of hardware and software.

In the case of Studio One, it also has a very fast development cycle combined with a relatively small development team. They just don't have the resources to thoroughly test each update while at the same time delivering all the modern features users expect. They also seem to have a rather inefficient tech support team, who don't always escalate legitimate issues to the developers and fail to make the connection even when multiple users are reporting the same problem over and over.

antic604 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:54 am
andypryce wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:51 am...Ableton does this really well.
This I agree with! But with a 600+ team they can afford to have a proper marketing & film crew (that was actually their recent job post on LinkedIn).
350 employees....who are the others? :wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”