Midi Editing: select all events after the cursor or note selected:Windows and linux DAW problem

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have used emagic and logic pro for ages. When I am in the midi editing mode, it was easy to select "all the following notes/events."
Now I am on Windows and linux and I find no DAW that can do that in an easy way.

Please help. Thanks.
artie fichelle sounds natural

In Cubase :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You made my day. Such an basic function, but not available in Bitwig, Live, Reason, Studio One. In Reaper it is somehow possible with a script but akward, and midi editing in Ardour is not fun.

I own Steinberg, seldom used it because I was on Apple with Logic Pro, which I know since the days of C-lab.
I think I will now use Cubase as my main DAW instead of Logic. Cubase seems to me fully matured. But better learn one.

Studio One also gets you close to what you want to do: Select the event after the cursor, and extend the selection with Edit -> Select -> From event to track end. Not much more complicated IMO.

Glad of being any help. The logical editor is amazing in Cubase. It worth learning it.

I think you can do that in Studio one also (macros), but I'm not good in studio one as I'm in Cubase.

Here is about the logical editor:

https://youtu.be/zYg6CbyXfYw

In Ableton Live you can set a point in time (not note selection), shift+End (selects time until the end) > Enter (select all the notes within selection).

Possible to build a "script" with M4L or Python too, but not aware of any already pre-built that does exactly that.

Dennis DeSantis' Selection Filter M4L device is close, but not exactly.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:59 pm Studio One also gets you close to what you want to do: Select the event after the cursor, and extend the selection with Edit -> Select -> From event to track end. Not much more complicated IMO.

You are right, it is even easier than in Cubase, it works in my old version of Studio One 2.6.
But the logical Editor of Cubase is very powerful .

:) Thanks for helping.

Artie Fichelle wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:35 pm... Such an basic function, but not available in Bitwig...
It's called Extend Selection To Last Item (so works with MIDI, audio, clips, etc.) and by default it's Ctrl+Shift+End, but you can obviously change it to anything:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I tried it in Bitwig 3.7 but does not seem to work.

Worked for me in Bitwig 4.0 on Win10.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”