New T-RackS Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Comprexxor

It appears IK has their version of the Empirical Labs Distressor available now, branded as the Comprexxor. Here's the IK product page:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... comprexxor

Great choice by IK in terms of a Hardware Compressor to model - looks cool.

It's such a shame that their customer service is terrible, their plugins crash regularly and the software installation is ridiculous, cause I really like how their stuff sounds. Hope they will improve.

fceramic wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm It's such a shame that their customer service is terrible, their plugins crash regularly and the software installation is ridiculous, cause I really like how their stuff sounds. Hope they will improve.
IK Tapes and Space Delay work fine and crash free for me. Catalina.

Yes Tape have worked well so far other than eating half my CPU. Haven't tried Space Delay yet because I'm really cautious about their stability and don't want to fill all my plugin folders with 100 plugins every time I want to test a TRacks plug.
Mixbox and older TRacks plugins have been massively unstable in Live and Reason on Bigsur. Mixbox almost blew my speakers as it outputs insanely high noise, making the Live meter get stuck or just crash whenever I change a preset. I contacted their customer service a week ago and haven't heard back. I'm sure they're very busy with the current sales, so I will give them a chance.

No problems here with TRacks 5 Max. All products work (macPOS, AU, VST, ilLogic, Reaper) and I dont mind the install apps and process. *shrug* There are far far worse examples from other companies out there... I've just never had an issue with IK products so there is nothing to fuel any critique in that regard.

Comprexxor looks like an interesting implementation. I look forward to trying it in the future. To pricey for me right now and not a high priority.

Regardless of how it sounds, I think a lot of people are put off with all the add-ons you have to install via the custom shop (unless its been updated and I missed it, in which case I’ll stand corrected). 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

And as always they raise the volum tricking ppl to believe it's better than it is. :bang:

Yes the insane added gain in most of their dynamic processors is really annoying. In Mixbus it's so absurd that I thought it was a bug, and there's no way to save your own default preset for the devices. Compared to a lot of the competition it just seems sloppy and unprofessional.

ramseysounds wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:07 pm Regardless of how it sounds, I think a lot of people are put off with all the add-ons you have to install via the custom shop (unless its been updated and I missed it, in which case I’ll stand corrected). 🤷‍♂️
Can confirm its still that way as of yesterday. I own one IK plugin; Stealth Limiter. I got EQual as part of a promotion. There are two absolutely free ones they bundle in and theyre very useful (classic clipper and classic EQ). To install these four plugins requires IK product manager, T-Racks, and Custom Shop which automatically installs like 3 gigs of demo plugin bloat I dont want, need, never asked for, and probably won't buy or even demo just on principal. I cant even choose the plugin format. NO I DONT NEED TO INSTALL 40 AAX PLUGINS I DONT USE PRO TOOLS!!

This is absurd and needs to change. I manually delete the extra plugins everytime they're autoinstalled. I should not have to do this. I even stopped using my old fav Nomad Factory Analog Track Box because the installation is so bloated.

On that note...SKNOTE DISTO-S is still only $50 and is as fun to use as Soundtoys stuff. I recommend spending your money on that.
Last edited by theviirus on Wed May 12, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daimonicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:18 pm And as always they raise the volum tricking ppl to believe it's better than it is. :bang:
It is such a hostile and aggressive thing to do. They _know_ that this will fool peoples perception, which implies that they don't really trust their product to actually impress by itself. Shame on them.

delete

theviirus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:18 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:07 pm Regardless of how it sounds, I think a lot of people are put off with all the add-ons you have to install via the custom shop (unless its been updated and I missed it, in which case I’ll stand corrected). 🤷‍♂️
Can confirm its still that way as of yesterday.
It's a shame actually because I've got a lot of their gear, mainly picked up in the group buy when it reached 10 for 1 I think (credit where credit is due) but the installation process is soooo convoluted and long winded. I really wish Peter would heed this, because I've this seen brought up so many times. If they changed their installation process to something simpler, I reckon his sales would improve massively, because the plug-ins are very very good. :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

This is awful compared to ELI Arouser, Mike-E sounds closer to a Distressor than this.
Shame really, window missed.

simmo75 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:14 pm This is awful compared to ELI Arouser, Mike-E sounds closer to a Distressor than this.
Shame really, window missed.
Please post some 1:1 comparisons of Comprexxor, Arouser, and Mike-E against a Distressor.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Demo tracks and video are not giving me confidence. The last time I was using Distressor 4 years ago and my memory is not that great but this doesn't remind me of the hardware. Mike-E reminds me of it a lot so it's my current reference.
Demos have ugly distortion, punch is there but not as clean and sharp like in the case of Mike-E and Distressor that I remember. The difference in loudness is also deceiving.

I can't wait to see comparison videos between hardware and software.
I'm not gonna test it because I spend enough money on toys today and for my wallet's sake I hope that it's a bad emulation :D

Return to “Effects”