Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

5 Free Patches for O B S E S S I O N ! (1.1) <= (Download link)

1. "Big Dipper" - Synth Pad with an inverted filter envelope. The MW is pointed at numerous destinations. (envelope release times, filter cutoff and LFO 2 depth) Aftertouch is simply modulating the filter envelope sustain for a very smooth onset/fade in. Try it.

2. "Snd FX Atmos 1" - Scary ambient sound fx. Just having some fun with the new chorale reverb parameter here. Hold a C4 for a minute and you will hear what sounds like the original Star Trek beam me up sound fx. The MW is pointed at filter cutoff and Osc 1 semitone. Aftertouch increases the nightmarish quality.

3. "Snd FX Lonely Violins" - This patch was created before the update so it doesn't make use of the new features yet. Still working on it though. This patch does the hi string sound from Moby's "Extreme Ways" pretty convincingly. The MW is increasing the chorus rate while aftertouch is pointed at the filter envelope sustain and LFO 1 and 2 depth.

4. "Syn Synger Ld" - This is one of our favorites so far. It's a mellow lead that can sound like a human voice or a flute at times. The MW is reducing the vibrato and opening the filter just a little. Aftertouch is pointed at 4 different parameters here. Filter envelope sustain, delay feedback, delay mix and reverb mix.

5. "Perky Perc" - This patch is a synthesized clap sound. C4 has the most clap like tone. The MW is increasing the envelope release times and the resonance just a bit.

Thanks for this amazing update Synapse!

The new features in v1.1 are really nice and they make one of my favorite synths even better.

Besides the new features in the Step LFO and additional mod matrix slots i also like the sound of the new Reverb and Delay modes.
I plan to check my existing patches (including my factory presets) concerning updating some of those with the new v1.1 features, especially replacing the Reverb mode in some of them.

Having a VST3 available now is nice but so far i do not see much use for it if the VST2 is already installed. My main DAW Live 10.1 Suite is able to use both VST2 and VST3.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:05 am
RobustAmerican wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:30 am Earlier versions of this update did use a knob for the LFO smooth function. It was quite a bit smaller than all the other knobs on the interface. Not much space there for a knob to begin with. I personally like the numerical approach better. I can see the exact parameter value at a glance without having to click on a tiny knob. I am not a beta tester nor am I affiliated with Synapse Audio in any way. I just had a few issues and contacted support. They sent me an early version of this update.
I'm fine seeing the values, there was just nothing to indicate that drag up/down is what changes the value. I kept clicking expecting it to go from "Off" to "On" or expecting a dropdown to appear.

It's not a big deal now that I know how it works.
You can change the value by either clicking on it and then moving the mouse up/down or by using the Mousewheel. To be honest i liked the knob in the Releae candidate more than this new implementation.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Does the new demo version somehow reset the demo period or would it still be mute if I installed it? 8)

e-crooner wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm Does the new demo version somehow reset the demo period or would it still be mute if I installed it? 8)
The demo period is reset with this update, so you can try another 30 days :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

This time BUY IT ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Will the RE version also receive an update?

Richard_Synapse wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:02 pm
e-crooner wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm Does the new demo version somehow reset the demo period or would it still be mute if I installed it? 8)
The demo period is reset with this update, so you can try another 30 days :)

Richard
Good to know :wink:

its a nice update and bought. it does sound better this time around (weightier and more detailed) it might be the affects i was hearing, or in the dual filters of arcsyn.

Sounds nice :)

How about a 50% key-tracking option, indicated with a weakly lit Track LED (like with the Osc2 button in the filter section)?

The Osc1 frequency knob still requires way too much scrolling...

120 free sounds

viewtopic.php?p=8108833

e-crooner wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:46 pm How about a 50% key-tracking option, indicated with a weakly lit Track LED (like with the Osc2 button in the filter section)?
We just got all those new Mod Matrix slots, use one. Just assign Constant to Key Track and use the knob to set the amount. With the additional slots I plan to create a kind of "template" preset where Osc1, Osc2, Noise level, and Keytracking all get their own slot that will be MIDI mapped to the parameters on my System-8.

Yes, I know, but it would be handy...
Anyway, glad there are modulation sluts else that synth would be too bright for certain bass sounds. But a constant -> cutoff modulation fixes that :)

Think I found a little issue. Can anyone try this and see what you get? I wanted to assign the pitch bend wheel to several parameters while keeping the normal assignment to pitch bend. As soon as you assign "pitchbend" as a source in the M.M. it breaks the normal/default assignment to pitch bend. You can manually re-assign it using another M.M. slot, but that eats up another mod slot when it shouldn't have to. Or maybe this is just the way it works?

Running the latest release, version: 1.1.0

Sorry if this is a known issue or something. Tried searching but no results.

Thanks!

I think it makes sense to disable it. If it were not like that, you could not use the pitch wheel as a second mod wheel because usually you do not want to modulate pitch and something else at the same time. And in those rare cases where you do, you can still do it via the mod matrix, which has more than enough slots for such a simple synth.

e-crooner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:34 pm I think it makes sense to disable it. If it were not like that, you could not use the pitch wheel as a second mod wheel because usually you do not want to modulate pitch and something else at the same time. And in those rare cases where you do, you can still do it via the mod matrix, which has more than enough slots for such a simple synth.
Thanks for the quick reply e-crooner! Seems like it would be easy enough to just set the pitch bend range to zero when you wanted to mod other parameters and not the pitch bend. Why else would there be a "0" amount for pitch bend range? It just adds another unexpected step and uses another mod slot but it isn't a show stopper by any means.

Return to “Instruments”