Well this is a kick in the nuts: VST2 plug-ins

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That pedal board :o. Beautiful
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Well that died a peaceful, quiet death in the middle of the long dark night.

If anyone using JUCE with CMake is interested in targeting LV2, Jatin Chowdhury has written a post on the process.

milkmiruku wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:50 pm If anyone using JUCE with CMake is interested in targeting LV2, Jatin Chowdhury has written a post on the process.
thank you. that will be very helpful indeed!
Jatin Chowdhury wrote:With the release of JUCE 6, JUCE now supports creating plugins with the CMake build system, which offers much more flexibility than the JUCE’s Projucer of old.
"Projucer of old" ...so does that mean, the use of the projucer for project management will be phased out in general in favor of cmake also by the juce people themselves? ...i tend to think, that would be a good thing
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

I thought Projucer was one of the carrots they dangled to get you to pay for Juce.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:59 pm I thought Projucer was one of the carrots they dangled to get you to pay for Juce.
really? i think, it's the option to make closed source software. edit: ok, you said "one of the.." ..but i actually never considered that to be one of the main motivations
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

you can make closed source JUCE software without paying, you just have to display the little JUCE logo when the app starts up. ProJucer is free also.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:37 pm you can make closed source JUCE software without paying, you just have to display the little JUCE logo when the app starts up. ProJucer is free also.
It looks like everything's changed then since the last time I looked at Juce. Is all the metrics gathering still there? You used to have to include those too under the free version, which was an absolute non-starter for me, and I suspect, most people. The splash screen is bad enough, although I haven't checked to see if you can have your own splash logo with "Made with Juce" slapped on our you're forced to use their full graphic.

Regardless, I'm on team iPlug2, which when the programming bug hits me again, I'll try out since it appears to be mostly done.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:50 pm
Dewdman42 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:37 pm you can make closed source JUCE software without paying, you just have to display the little JUCE logo when the app starts up. ProJucer is free also.
It looks like everything's changed then since the last time I looked at Juce. Is all the metrics gathering still there? You used to have to include those too under the free version, which was an absolute non-starter for me, and I suspect, most people. The splash screen is bad enough, although I haven't checked to see if you can have your own splash logo with "Made with Juce" slapped on our you're forced to use their full graphic.
The language states that you must use "The" made with Juce splash screen which suggests that hasn't changed.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Mon May 10, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

syntonica wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:50 pm It looks like everything's changed then since the last time I looked at Juce. Is all the metrics gathering still there?
I believe they did remove the phone-home requirement, but you'll have to check with them to be sure. Still you have to allow their splash screen to be displayed if its closed source.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

And re vstgui; that is used by https://github.com/sfztools/sfizz (#sfztools on freenode)

falktx has mentioned in #lad that a future DPF will be vstgui toolkit compatible

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”