Juicysfplugin - a free 64bit SoundFont player

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

harvon wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 pm .... it plays tight on rhytm.
Oh oh - I was a bit hasty. The juicysf doesn't play that tight on rhythm actually. It might be a deliberate humanization feature of this plugin. However it makes juicysf unsuitable for fast rhythm passages.

If one has an old copy of EnergyXT2 (the one that could be loaded as a VSTi) then the Sampler in there can read .SF2 pretty well. At least I never had any problems with it (only used it a bit tbh).

You might as well use an old copy of FLStudio which can also be loaded as a VSTi, and use its Soundfont player (as discussed). I forget now which version they dropped the player in, but IIRC if you still have around v.11 or so it will be included.

It really is a superb soundfont player. And FLStudio works great as a VSTi, remembering and recalling patches/presets pretty much perfectly in my experience.

I think it might have been EnergyXT2 - 2.54 - that was the last one to include the VSTi for plugging in and chaining and whatnot. If you buy a license today (less than 20 bucks) you can still use that. I don't think you can get it anymore (that version), but if you hit me up via PM I'll provide you with a copy. The license you got with the paid version should work.

It really is an exceptionally good Soundfont player.

I am having a problem with trying to use this application... When I download and install "WixSetup.MSI":
"Source file not found: C:(Directory). Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. I don't know where to go from here. Is there another download location I can try, or would someone know of a fix for this?

art31david wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:42 am I am having a problem with trying to use this application... When I download and install "WixSetup.MSI":
"Source file not found: C:(Directory). Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. I don't know where to go from here. Is there another download location I can try, or would someone know of a fix for this?
When do you get this message? When installing or when trying to open the plugin?
No signature here!

Hi,
I've just downloaded this Juicysfplugin.
The host app is Waveform 11 FREE edition.

I do this :
1. Import a pre made MIDI file to Waveform (choose to separate track)
2. Put the plugin in (for example) Drum track (MIDI channel 10)
3. Open 4GMGSMT.SF2 from within Juicys plugin window interface
5. Choose the most right box of the bank list, and choose "STANDARD" kit for drum
6. Hit Play

Then it sounds correctly.

The problem I'm facing is, if I stop the play, then play it back, the drum instrument sound is not drum, it sounds like a piano.
Waveform 11 (64-bit)_2020-05-16_18-20-23.png
It sounds a drum only after I click any other bank (for example bank 9), then click back the most right box of the bank. But if I stop the play again then play it back, again the drum sound is not correct. So it happen always like that, and it back to a normal drum sound only after I click any other bank, then click back the most right box of the bank where the "STANDARD" drum kit is.

What did I do wrong and what should I do ?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advanced.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

First thing I would do is check the midi file you using for a program change message?

Hi MRT,
MRT wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:39 pm First thing I would do is check the midi file you using for a program change message?
Thank you for your suggestion.

Just now I've check about it via old Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, there is no program change in the view list, but there is an assigned instrument in channel 10 from the track panel , which is piano.

Now I realize that the plugin will always default to whatever an instrument assigned to the channel in the midi file. I now understand that if the midi file itself has (for example) a Flute instrument in channel 1, then the plugin will use Flute instrument automatically, although in the middle of the play I can change the instrument (for example to guitar) via the plugin interface and the sound also change to guitar, but if I stop it then play it again - then it comes back to Flute sound.

My solution is removing the plugin on the track, change the instrument from this panel :
Waveform 11 (64-bit)_2020-05-16_18-19-43.png
by clicking the "Insert Program Change" button ---> Set this program for this entire clip ---> choose an instrument (for example, Vibraphone).

Then put the plugin on back on the track.
Then now the sound automatically change to Vibraphone.

The sad thing, without this plugin exist in any track of the midi file, this plugin cannot do the job if I "reroute" the output on each track to one blank track with the plugin in this track.

After reading this :
sping wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:09 pm Another .sf2 player is BassMidi Vsti
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bassmi ... -falcosoft
I downloaded the BassMidi plugin. This one do the job seamlessly when I "reroute" all the midi tracks output to a blank track with this plugin.

Thank you once again for your help.
If I don't read your post, I will be still pulling out my hair :).

Addition:
Btw, just now I make a sample file in Cakewalk with one track but no assigned instrument. It look like this in Cakewalk : (the Patch column is the place of the instrument info).
cwpa_2020-05-16_22-09-02.png
So, it has blank Patch. I save the file as .mid file, then import this file to Waveform track and put BassMidi plugin. This time, I can change to whatever instrument of the SF2 via BassMidi interface and it it still the same sound after I stop the play then play it again. So, maybe because there is no assigned instrument in the midi file itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A bit late, but how do you change the pitch bend range default? I’m on FL Studio and worried because pitch bends with MIDI files suck. If I can’t do this then it needs a pitch bend range setter and mono mode.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Regarding Image-Line's SF2 player:

Few people ever seem to realise that DirectWave can also load SF2 files, although it does a Sforzando-like conversion to it's own internal (.dwi/.dwp) format.

DirectWave is a pretty good native sampler, tbh, and if you copy the DirectWave.dll to your VST folder, will operate as a .dwi/.dwp player in other hosts. (for now, anyway)

“Gotcha” is another free SF2 player with many tweaks and FX onboard

Stumbled across this via google -
for the record I was looking for something which wouldn't screw up Pedal Hold midi messages like sforzando was doing - congrats to the author, it's much better. It's at version 3.0 now, has full x64 support as well as x86. Not sure whether it still has the rhythm issues discussed above, but would be interesting to know.

Earlier versions had the resize option. Is it dropped from the current version? The plugin window is pretty small.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Return to “Instruments”