2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:03 pm i knew we would find his kryptonite eventually.
GASed and being compared to Superman sounds like a great way to start the day!

I'm still not going anywhere near the Qubit stuff. I recognize I'm highly impressionable and easily GASed right now!

Still, I love, love, love Mimeophon. I was dead tired yesterday, but just fired up OP-z and the Pod only. I had a blast.

They baked some nice features in that will make a combo like that work with being able to increase (or decrease) the input gain. I'm really impressed.

elxsound wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm I'm still not going anywhere near the Qubit stuff. I recognize I'm highly impressionable and easily GASed right now!

Still, I love, love, love Mimeophon. I was dead tired yesterday, but just fired up OP-z and the Pod only. I had a blast.

They baked some nice features in that will make a combo like that work with being able to increase (or decrease) the input gain. I'm really impressed.
yeah, slow down a bit!
if only because, you have a lot of power there already for noise sculpture!
yeah, there's always room for some more, but wait to see what you think you want to add first.
too easy to get tempted, then find you can do a lot of what you want with a module you own.

that said, the 2 qu bit modules i have now, are both great :hihi:

Benjolin V2 is a very nice version. Definitively worth a look:

https://youtu.be/0QzO2yZBNEc

Oh darn. :D I accidentally ordered this:
Dual Cyclotron – LIVEWIRE SYNTHESIZERS .png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Looks nice with a black panel. Big bugger aint it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 am Looks nice with a black panel. Big bugger aint it.
Yes, it is certainly big-ish, but I like the roominess as I suspect it is something to be 'played' rather than set-and-forget-it. The black panel :love:

You have one of these, no? Or is it the AFG?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:21 am Oh darn. :D I accidentally ordered this:

welcome to the bottom of the "league of restraint".
:)

looks fun :tu:

vurt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:05 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:21 am Oh darn. :D I accidentally ordered this:

:lol: Yeah, well. It's different. And black. Somewhat 'limited', but I 'sense' it might just be interesting for some real-time modulating of the Data Bender, and Scanned. :hyper:

There's supposedly much fun to be had at the bottom of the "league of restraint". :wink:
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Thu May 13, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 am Looks nice with a black panel. Big bugger aint it.
Yes, it is certainly big-ish, but I like the roominess as I suspect it is something to be 'played' rather than set-and-forget-it. The black panel :love:

You have one of these, no? Or is it the AFG?
Both...

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:37 pm Both...
Ah. 8) ... the AFG has been one of those things I keep putting off, but has remained of interest to me for ages, as well as the Voltage Mechanic.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:29 pm

:lol: Yeah, well. It's different. And black. Somewhat 'limited', but I 'sense' it might just be interesting for some real-time modulating of the Data Bender, and Scanned. :hyper:

There's supposedly much fun to be had at the bottom of the "league of restraint". :wink:
in this league, the losers are the real winners!

speaking of black things, not that it bothered me, but i could only find silver data bender to order, so did so.
realised last night while playing "hold on a minute! that's the black panel!!!"

i bet some people would hate that :hihi:
oh no! it doesn't match :o :lol:

At the same time I bought the moddemix, I bought the black greyscale faceplate because I thought it was going to bother me (having just 1 small silver module).

Turns out IRL, I'm okay!

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:45 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:37 pm Both...
Ah. 8) ... the AFG has been one of those things I keep putting off, but has remained of interest to me for ages, as well as the Voltage Mechanic.
Me wanting one dated back to when Livewire and Plan B were just about the only 'boutique' Eurorack companies. Never quite managed; exchange rates got stupid, and they got very hard to find. Eventually, a few years later, I finally managed to get one of the signed limited edition ones (#13!!!) and the Cyclotron second-hand.

vurt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:49 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:29 pm

in this league, the losers are the real winners!

speaking of black things, not that it bothered me, but i could only find silver data bender to order, so did so.
realised last night while playing "hold on a minute! that's the black panel!!!"
Interesting. Obviously a "cosmic colour and knob" (similarity) intervention thing, in anticipation of the Mimeophon and Strega. :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”