Another big Wotja update going live today - Wotja 21.7.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

We have another big update just going live today - Wotja 21.7.2

IMPROVED: audio quality for Pitch Shifter unit (major improvement!)

NEW/IMPROVED: if Repeats Min for Cell set to 0, treat that as SKIP
- display cell as “Skip”
- ignore the Repeat Range value slider in this case
- modified mix track cell start logic, to ensure we don’t start on a Skip cell

IMPROVED: colours used to display the Line number in the Script Editor screens
- this makes the line numbers much easier to read

IMPROVED: When scanning the document icons, don’t load any associated SF2/DLS data;
- that allows the icons to be processed more quickly, and reduces memory peaking if you
have a lot of SF2/DLS files.

IMPROVED: revised Shimmer presets

IMPROVED: layout of FXM network in landscape mode
- the RHS Parameter panel is now allocated more width

CHANGED: colours used for Pitch Shifter and Reverb 2XL units

FIXED: the three “mod amount” sliders in the Reverb 2XL unit, could mis-display their values.
- these three sliders use a range from 0 to 2.5

All we need now is to have more people discover and use Wotja :) - a perpetual problem for small app developers. This is where your app store reviews all help! :wink:

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have Wotja Lite v21.7.0 installed in Windows 10 which I installed through the Microsoft Store.
Is there any way to update to v21.7.2 through the Microsoft Store or would I have to uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks

impete wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:24 am All we need now is to have more people discover and use Wotja :) - a perpetual problem for small app developers. This is where your app store reviews all help! :wink:
To begin with, one of the problems might the availability, that is only through the app stores from Apple and Microsoft. I would definitely prefer to buy directly from your site.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:52 pm To begin with, one of the problems might the availability, that is only through the app stores from Apple and Microsoft. I would definitely prefer to buy directly from your site.
Hi!

Well, that is a very good point - we have some reasons why we don't.
I hope you'll maybe find time to see what they are - they're set-out here:

https://intermorphic.com/help/#faq-app-stores

With best wishes,

Pete

ZincT wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:40 pm Hi Pete,

I have Wotja Lite v21.7.0 installed in Windows 10 which I installed through the Microsoft Store.
Is there any way to update to v21.7.2 through the Microsoft Store or would I have to uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks
Hi ZincT!

You should be able to upgrade easily from the Microsoft Store.

Here is how you do it:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/acc ... c5a1dd464f

It is also pretty easy to turn-on automatic updates:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 048978e51b

Best wishes,

Pete

Thanks Pete.

I never normally use Windows Store and the thought of letting Microsoft auto-update anything is not something I would usually do :wink: However, when I went back in to the Store, this time there was an option on the "..." to update. All is good :tu:

impete wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:59 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:52 pm To begin with, one of the problems might the availability, that is only through the app stores from Apple and Microsoft. I would definitely prefer to buy directly from your site.
Hi!

Well, that is a very good point - we have some reasons why we don't.
I hope you'll maybe find time to see what they are - they're set-out here:

https://intermorphic.com/help/#faq-app-stores

With best wishes,

Pete
I understand, Pete. But somehow I find it inconvenient having to go through an app store. I lose control and can't install the software wherever I want, and can't save it locally for "safe keeping".

I'm sure Apple users are used to having no control though :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

ZincT wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:05 pm Thanks Pete.

I never normally use Windows Store and the thought of letting Microsoft auto-update anything is not something I would usually do :wink: However, when I went back in to the Store, this time there was an option on the "..." to update. All is good :tu:
That's great - thanks for letting me know :)

If you get a chance to leave a review, that'd be *really* appreciated!!

Best wishes,

Pete

starflakeprj wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:17 pm I understand, Pete. But somehow I find it inconvenient having to go through an app store. I lose control and can't install the software wherever I want, and can't save it locally for "safe keeping".

Hi again!

Yeah, those are interesting points.

For my own side, I'm used to relying on Time Machine for backups on the mac, and use Windows 10 under a Parallels VM - which therefore is also Time Machine-d, so the "safe keeping" of apps hasn't been a problem for me!

I dug-in to how to change the Windows 10 Store "app install location" for you, in case that helps!

Open Settings. Click on System. Click on Storage. Under the “More storage settings” section, click the Change where new content is saved option. Use the New apps will save to drop-down menus to select the new default location for apps.

I hope you get a chance to try Wotja - even if just Wotja Lite from the Windows 10 Store.

I find it interesting how there is resistance to using the Windows 10 Store. I guess I'm used to buying apps through the Mac and iOS Stores, without any problems. And also games from the Xbox store. I'd have thought that people used to the Xbox store would be happy with the Windows 10 Store - but it shows how little I know, I guess :)

Best wishes,

Pete

impete wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:07 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:17 pm I understand, Pete. But somehow I find it inconvenient having to go through an app store. I lose control and can't install the software wherever I want, and can't save it locally for "safe keeping".

Hi again!

Yeah, those are interesting points.

For my own side, I'm used to relying on Time Machine for backups on the mac, and use Windows 10 under a Parallels VM - which therefore is also Time Machine-d, so the "safe keeping" of apps hasn't been a problem for me!

I dug-in to how to change the Windows 10 Store "app install location" for you, in case that helps!

Open Settings. Click on System. Click on Storage. Under the “More storage settings” section, click the Change where new content is saved option. Use the New apps will save to drop-down menus to select the new default location for apps.

I hope you get a chance to try Wotja - even if just Wotja Lite from the Windows 10 Store.

I find it interesting how there is resistance to using the Windows 10 Store. I guess I'm used to buying apps through the Mac and iOS Stores, without any problems. And also games from the Xbox store. I'd have thought that people used to the Xbox store would be happy with the Windows 10 Store - but it shows how little I know, I guess :)

Best wishes,

Pete
I actually do have Wotja Pro 20, also I think I had 18 as well, and before that I believe I had a version that I bought from your website? It also had a VST plugin (which I thought was nice) :)

Regarding the stores, yeah, I guess I'm old fashioned. Have always been used to have it a certain way. It feels more natural to have the control you won't get with everything "served on a plate". When it comes to Xbox I do admit it's extremely nice being able to install a game with just one click :)

Anyway, maybe I should upgrade to Wotja Pro 21 and check out the new stuff since v20. Are you planning on releasing a VST in the future?

starflakeprj wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pm Anyway, maybe I should upgrade to Wotja Pro 21 and check out the new stuff since v20. Are you planning on releasing a VST in the future?
That'd be lovely thanks - I really hope you enjoy it - do please let us know how you get on!

We'd love to do a VST, but there are - guess what! - store-related issues that make this unlikely at the moment (whereas, we recently were able to release an AUv3 for macOS/iOS that has been very popular!).

https://intermorphic.com/help/#faq-plugins-vst

Best wishes,

Pete

Not sure if there is something up with this particular update. I updated to 21.7.0 yesterday through the Amazon App Store without an issue; however, the newest version does not appear to be available today even though the description of the app lists the most recent version as 21.7.2. I only have the option to "Open" the app, not to "Update". Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks!

John

feralsystems wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:15 pm Not sure if there is something up with this particular update. I updated to 21.7.0 yesterday through the Amazon App Store without an issue; however, the newest version does not appear to be available today even though the description of the app lists the most recent version as 21.7.2. I only have the option to "Open" the app, not to "Update". Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks!

John
Hi John!

Everything should now be there - sometimes, it takes a while for updates to percolate though the various store systems.

Any problems - do please let me know!

Best wishes,

Pete

impete wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:58 pm
ZincT wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:05 pm Thanks Pete.

That's great - thanks for letting me know :)

If you get a chance to leave a review, that'd be *really* appreciated!!

Best wishes,

Pete
I left a review :tu:

ZincT wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:44 am I left a review :tu:
That is *really* appreciated - thank you very much!! :tu:

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Instruments”