KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
It really does grow on you - its controls have the same names as other synths (and technically the same functions), so you try to do the same things and get frustrated, but then, a couple patient moments later, it cooperates and with its own unique nature.

It reminds me of wind instruments with the same fingerings, and how you think you can go from one to the other and just blow, but then it turns out, nope. I could just imagine a saxophonist picking up a flute and being like, "This thing doesn't work right. And, the sound is way off."

For anybody interested, you can find some presets to work with, here:
https://sound7.co.uk/products/knifonium ... at-patches (https://sound7.co.uk/products/knifonium-presets-rheostat-patches)

E_Anderson wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:47 pm So knifonium can apparently make flutes when you're actually trying to make a boards of canada patch. Like flutes to a greater degree than I previously thought.

https://soundcloud.com/user-612480984/a ... e-kvraudio
Sounds great, would you mind sharing the patch?
A well-behaved signature.

Knifonium can be had for $39.99 until midnight 14th May. Code: KNIF-3999

Just picked it up, best $15 I ever spent on Audio Software.

15 already? nice, I'll give it a shot, looks fun.

Only with $25 voucher.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:59 pm Only with $25 voucher.
oh, they're really good, alright. many used it on Phil's cascade two days ago already.
they know what they're doing.

mod edit wrote:trust me, next time wont be temp and will come easy

Hi everyone, sorry - is this the thread about synthesizers? I love synths!!

anyway this synth is good if you like it. If you don’t, it isn’t good. And sure it could use some more care as far as bugs like Ploki is mentioning with different parameter responsiveness depending on DAW sample rate.

I’m happy to have it for $30 although I still don’t use it as often as Phase Plant (which makes a lot of sense considering the kinds of music I make, which relies on samples more than straight synthesis - and then Phase Plant can still go deep into non-digital-sounding territory), but you can’t get the same polyphonic tube saturation, afaik, any other way than something like this or Vacuum Pro (which I tend to use even less than Knifonium, but still enjoy). If you like the unique sound of the filter, resonance and the different effects of gain staging throughout Knifonium that’s really all there is to it. I’ve had more than my $30 worth of fun making music with it, and I’m also happy it’s not my only synth. I really like the smooth and the grit it can do, and the workflow is fun and sound of parameter modulation unique because of its architecture. I recommend giving it a shot. It certainly won’t be for everyone (and it took me 3 days to find out how to enjoy it)

I'm absolutely amazed by the bass sounds this thing can produce ! Happy with my purchase !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

it's an amazing synth ! what a nice surprise (wasn't expecting it after reading many posts in this thread).

I also much enjoy using ext 1,2 cv (using various reaktor modulators as the source).

nirm123 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:59 am I also much enjoy using ext 1,2 cv (using various reaktor modulators as the source).
That is something I haven’t even messed with. I hope it can tolerate at least some audio-rate modulation, but even so, FL has options for peak following, etc.

good acid sound :)

E_Anderson wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:16 am
nirm123 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:59 am I also much enjoy using ext 1,2 cv (using various reaktor modulators as the source).
That is something I haven’t even messed with. I hope it can tolerate at least some audio-rate modulation, but even so, FL has options for peak following, etc.
it can, I tried it and it sounded quite good, see the following regarding ext1/2 from the manual:

"You can also increase the second synth’s frequency (in other words go up higher)
and see how this changes the character of the Knifonium to FM like sounds."

Sorry, haven’t read the thread. How’s the CPU hit?

Also, if anyone has a $25 voucher from PA I’ll be happy to buy or trade.

Return to “Instruments”