DAW Fusion

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which DAWs would you like to see combined should there ever be a joint collaboration between DAW developers...

I'm pretty sure there would be a very interesting fusion of components in which the digital audio workstation software we know could be imagined.

Post your ideas and screenshots of how the DAWs you may or may not use from the various developers software as a single image which can be viewed.

It may look ridiculous or it may look rather cool, it's up to you, but it should be a fun thread just to see what people can come up with.

Ideas would be like Studio One & Cubase, Bitwig & Reason, Ableton Live & FLStudio, Logic Pro X & Studio One, Cake By Bandlab & Reaper....you get the idea.. features and ideas.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I like Cakewalk but the score editor isn't as nice as Cubase or DP10. So I'd take that part and throw it in Cakewalk, or I could just use one of those two other DAWs. :)

Reaper (or another DAW of your choice) +Reason vsti
+Renoise Redux... Best af all workflows
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Orion with VST3 support and the ability to load both 32 bit and 64 bit plugins would be perfect for me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Logic+Bitwig

BONES wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:33 am Orion with VST3 support and the ability to load both 32 bit and 64 bit plugins would be perfect for me.
i know its not native support, and can be a workaround (extra cpu too) but I'm pretty sure you can load vst3 and 32bit plugins with Unify.....

a possible solution if you really need it (ie to use your old SE stuff)

not 100% sure about the 32bit part, but def vst3.... and I know you already said its too late :wink:

edit: unify has built in support for jbridge.... not sure what that means

Bitwig & Renoise would be heaven.

In some ways Studio One is a fusion of Bitwig and Cubase.

If Presonus only added - even rudimentary - clip launcher and native modulation system it would be just perfect.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Bitwig with the piano roll of FL Studio (with BRSO Articulate)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Bitwig and Ableton

I'll see myself out.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

AnX wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:08 ami know its not native support, and can be a workaround (extra cpu too) but I'm pretty sure you can load vst3 and 32bit plugins with Unify.....
edit: unify has built in support for jbridge.... not sure what that means
I tried J-Bridge when we first moved to 64 bit Orion and it was useless - crashed every time. With newer builds of Windows 10, Orion has become too unstable to rely on anyway, which is why it's too late to go back.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:33 am Orion with VST3 support and the ability to load both 32 bit and 64 bit plugins would be perfect for me.
I was on Orion too back in the days. I left software before Richard gave it up. Do you know the reason for abandoning it?

I loved the pattern approach, was pretty unique at the time, besides from FL's, but that was a clusterfck to me.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Bitwig + Logic

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:33 pm
I was on Orion too back in the days. I left software before Richard gave it up. Do you know the reason for abandoning it?
no sales

Strange that. It was such a straightforward studio. Great pattern layout. Logical structure. Easy flow. Costumizable, and the onboard stuff kept it self-contained enough for newcomers to dwell for ages before even thinking about third parties. It's a pity, methinks.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”