New T-RackS Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Comprexxor

sprnva wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm I've got so many other compressors several of which are TRacks I'm not sure I'll go through the effort to demo this one. I'm sure it will require an update either to the Custom Shop, TRacks or both maybe even the Product Manager.
If you use the Tape Machines, the release notes for T-RackS 5.5.0 list a fix for the channel distortion bug with the A80 model.
There are also questions about whether or not that bug was actually fixed on the gearspace thread.

HcDoom wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 pm From new compressor to crashes and bugs on totally different products! Ah, KVR at its best...
To be fair, Master Match is part of T-RackS so it could be related or at least isn't that much of a leap to have that on one's mind when considering the newest addition to T-RackS. I am genuinely interested in GUI glitches mentioned too, even if not part of Comprexxor as there can be some OpenGL or other oddity going on and those issues vary as far as how easy it is to identify their cause sometimes (sadly).

On the other hand, I do get confused sometimes and think "I addressed this earlier in this thread..." but end up being completely wrong when it was some other thread which (again with the "to be fair") was technically related but not the current thread. Happens on almost every forum, though. And it's my fault for not backing out of a reply to do a thread search. Megathreads happen often and not everybody will ready everything in each.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:06 pm
dmbaer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:01 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:12 pm Which, by the way, if you do have that you can get Total Studio 3 MAX for quite a deal, and note that we've added T-RackS Comprexxor to Total Studio 3 MAX for a limited time.
Did I misread this? What it says is that if you buy a product with "Total" and "MAX" in the name, after a limited time it's neither Total nor MAX. I'm not trying to be snarky here ... this statement just doesn't sound reasonable.
It's just like other bundles (not just our own) that include all of what's available when they are released. This isn't a new concept nor unique to IK.

We're adding something that was released afterward as a goodwill gesture. Thank you for making me rethink it, though.
You’re awesome, Peter and helped make me reconsider IK.

Thanks and I wouldn't rethink it anyway. The decision was made based on past experiences and this was slated to release even closer to Total Studio 3 MAX release so there's no way I would say "don't include it". It's an awesome addition, yes, and of course when you ask "do I need one more compressor?" the answer is yes and a little more enthusiastic a YES when it is added free.

HcDoom wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 pm From new compressor to crashes and bugs on totally different products! Ah, KVR at its best...
Totally... can you imagine this thread if IK used "iLok"? :hihi:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:17 pm
Totally... can you imagine this thread if IK used "iLok"? :hihi:
We used to use the e-Licenser dongle, so please don't remind me. Actually, it was before my time but still don't remind me so it is not reconsidered :)

Well I know many companies who will release something like Total Studio 3 MAX and months later release an additional instrument or effect (native instruments) but not include it in the bundle. I think IK Multimedia as a company gets waaaaay too much hate here for no reason when in reality they make some of the best software instruments and other products for musicians.

And to comment on the actual sound of the plugin, it’s doing what a distressor emulation is supposed to do. Don’t care if it sounds like Slate or UAD because in the end I care if it sounds like a distressor and gives that mojo, and indeed it does!

Happy Total Studio 3 MAX user here :)

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:00 pm Well I know many companies who will release something like Total Studio 3 MAX and months later release an additional instrument or effect (native instruments) but not include it in the bundle. I think IK Multimedia as a company gets waaaaay too much hate here for no reason when in reality they make some of the best software instruments and other products for musicians.

And to comment on the actual sound of the plugin, it’s doing what a distressor emulation is supposed to do. Don’t care if it sounds like Slate or UAD because in the end I care if it sounds like a distressor and gives that mojo, and indeed it does!

Nope. I think there are good valid reasons. You discover them once you become a customer.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I think IK should listen to their customers and also take customer service seriously instead of just deflecting, excusing or ignoring. Say what you will about Waves or Plugin Alliance, but they have awesome customer service and their products are rock solid. Arturia has great UX and demo policy. IK got some good sounding plugins but their performance is shoddy with crashes, CPU spikes and glitchy controls (why do the controls make crackly noises??) and the installation/update process is abusive.

telecode wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:04 pm
SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:00 pm Well I know many companies who will release something like Total Studio 3 MAX and months later release an additional instrument or effect (native instruments) but not include it in the bundle. I think IK Multimedia as a company gets waaaaay too much hate here for no reason when in reality they make some of the best software instruments and other products for musicians.

Nope. I think there are good valid reasons. You discover them once you become a customer.
Well as a customer for many many years using a bunch of IK products, I have yet to find those reasons you speak of.

I once upgraded Mac OSX and couldn’t open an installer a while back, but that’s about the only issue I ever had using IK stuff. Everything just works and works well for me :phones:

fceramic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:36 pm I think IK should listen to their customers and also take customer service seriously instead of just deflecting, excusing or ignoring. Say what you will about Waves or Plugin Alliance, but they have awesome customer service and their products are rock solid. Arturia has great UX and demo policy. IK got some good sounding plugins but their performance is shoddy with crashes, CPU spikes and glitchy controls (why do the controls make crackly noises??) and the installation/update process is abusive.
I’ve literally never experienced a single crash with IK stuff outside of jumping the gun upgrading to an incompatible OS before support was available. IK plugins and performance have always been rock solid for me over the years

The quote did not take... so maybe your experience will match others or maybe it will not. One’s experience does not automatically transfer to any other. I had my disagreements with IK but overall I rate them highly. My experience and yours may not match. Does not make mine nor yours the standard experience.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

This is nonsense about IK plugins crashing. They're pretty rock solid.
Also, I'm not bothered by all T-RackS modules being installed by the T-RackS installer when you install T-RackS. What the hell is the problem with that? If you haven't purchased a particular T-RackS module then you get to use it in demo mode. Or you can open your plugin folder and delete it. It's not hard. Why do some people need so much hand-holding?

If the T-RackS installer didn't install all of the T-RackS modules when you installed T-RackS, then how would you demo or buy any of the modules you don't own?

I updated T-RackS to v5.5 through the Product Manager and it automatically installed Comprexxor, and I was easily able to TRY it and then BUY it in the Custom Shop (though I do wish the Product Manager and Custom Shop were combined into a single application.)

Had the T-RackS installer not installed the new T-RackS Comprexxor module, then the process of getting Comprexxor would have been much more difficult, and unnecessarily so.

Why do some people want IK to go out of their way to make it harder for customers to install and buy their products? Not people who actually have any real interest in buying IK's products, it seems to me.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am Interesting... IKM didn't post about this plugin on Gearslutz. Somebody else did, unofficially. I expect a lot of bashing from Distressor users.
The response on Gearslutzspace seems to be considerably more positive than KVR. Maybe because they tend to be more professional there. The few whiners with the usual boring complaints have been roundly shutdown.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:22 am This is nonsense about IK plugins crashing.

IK Crash 051421-1.png
IK Crash 051421-2.png

I haven't had any registered TRacks plugins crash that I can remember but I had a few crashes while running the demos of a couple TRacks plugins.

FL Studio is rock solid here so no it's not at fault. I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that you need to have the Custom Shop open when you're running a demo plugin.

Although I own ST3 and Syntronik I never use them anymore so can't comment on their stability or lack thereof.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Effects”