KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:41 pm Sorry, haven’t read the thread. How’s the CPU hit?
Pretty hard. Sound quality doesn't come without a price.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:59 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:41 pm Sorry, haven’t read the thread. How’s the CPU hit?
Ok :( I’ll try the demo to see if it suits my somewhat humble system. Thanks!

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:38 pm
Which DAW are you using? If you’re using FL Studio you can, once you have a patch dialled in, just VST-sample the patch into directwave by right-clicking the channel. Or, and in any othet DAW, bounce to audio. My setup is pretty meager as well but I can get by with it without much issue, since I enjoy the sound.

E_Anderson wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:41 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:38 pm
Which DAW are you using? If you’re using FL Studio you can, once you have a patch dialled in, just VST-sample the patch into directwave by right-clicking the channel. Or, and in any othet DAW, bounce to audio. My setup is pretty meager as well but I can get by with it without much issue, since I enjoy the sound.
I'm is Studio One, which is doing a really bad job of handling CPU hit from VST's... it may be a config issue, I'll try to solve that. Otherwise I'll have to stick to low CPU synths for the time being.

Yeah, I find Studio One is less than stellar when it comes to efficiency. Even when the CPU load isn't all that high, say around 60-70%, it can start giving pops and crackles. Orion never did that, it just kept working until it couldn't any more, and it started to stutter.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

49$ right now... is it worth getting if you already own Diva, Vaccum Pro and other similar VSTs?

Imo no.

I wrote them about the bug that is present since launch about two months ago, and they closed the ticket and am still not sure they understand it.
Maybe for 15$, but 49$ for unmaintained software with terrible resale value is a bit much.

Seelachsfilet wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:50 am 49$ right now... is it worth getting if you already own Diva, Vaccum Pro and other similar VSTs?
I personally found that Vacuum Pro covers those sounds for me, Knifonium certainly has a different 'texture' so it adds a flavour you may appreciate, really need to demo it. If it turned up at no-brainer prices in a sale then I'd probably grab a copy but not something unique enough for me to warrant a regular purchase.

Ploki wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:16 am Imo no.

I wrote them about the bug that is present since launch about two months ago, and they closed the ticket and am still not sure they understand it.
Maybe for 15$, but 49$ for unmaintained software with terrible resale value is a bit much.
A man on a mission.
So predictable :clap:

And you’re on a mission of quoting me across PA threads? Or am i missing something

Ploki wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:05 am And you’re on a mission of quoting me across PA threads? Or am i missing something
You're in a lot of them considering you don't like them so much. :hihi:

What was the bug?

I haven't used it in anger. It's lined up for another project though. Haven't seen anything obvious though.

For me, I love the sound of this synth!
Last edited by _leras on Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seelachsfilet wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:50 am 49$ right now... is it worth getting if you already own Diva, Vaccum Pro and other similar VSTs?
I downloaded Knifonium a week ago and thought it was nothing special, certainly nowhere in the same league as Diva.

That was until this morning when going through the pre-sets again I found "Brass bass". This thing now sounded pretty analogue and fat but mono only. Then I decided to do something strange and read the manual, and found an editor at the top which allowed 8 voices and the ability to turn off the fx.

Now this thing starts to sound pretty interesting. So my conclusion is that the pre-sets do not do it justice, many of them are just plain silly with all sorts of nonsense going on. But start tweaking your own and it shows real promise.

Where Diva wins out is in the GUI section which is far better in my opinion, but I guess some people will love it. Download the demo and give it a try.

_leras wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:26 am
Ploki wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:05 am And you’re on a mission of quoting me across PA threads? Or am i missing something
You're in a lot of them considering you don't like them so much. :hihi:

What was the bug?

I haven't used it in anger. It's lined up for another project though. Haven't seen anything obvious though.

For me, I love the sound of this synth!
Parameter (gui interaction and automation) response changes with sampling rate. Not sure about MIDI

dellboy wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:29 am
Where Diva wins out is in the GUI section which is far better in my opinion, but I guess some people will love it. Download the demo and give it a try.
If you compare the diva GUI and you're only using one synth flavour I don't think there's a lot in it. Knifonium had everything in view which is good.

The sound is also totally different. Really has its own thing and a great analogue sound. Won't work for everything.

The ms20 in diva possibly comes closest to this with the darkness of tone from diva.

Vacuum Pro has a similar aesthetic perhaps, but has less analogue flavour. Vacuum Pro is also basically free... As part of the air music bundle.

Ploki wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:33 am Parameter (gui interaction and automation) response changes with sampling rate. Not sure about MIDI
I would literally never find that bug. How often do you change sampling rate in a project?

Return to “Instruments”