New T-RackS Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Comprexxor

I find it hilarious for IK marketing guy to diss anybody's authorization system

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:12 am
jamcat wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:22 am This is nonsense about IK plugins crashing.
I haven't had any registered TRacks plugins crash that I can remember but I had a few crashes while running the demos of a couple TRacks plugins.

FL Studio is rock solid here so no it's not at fault. I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that you need to have the Custom Shop open when you're running a demo plugin.

Although I own ST3 and Syntronik I never use them anymore so can't comment on their stability or lack thereof.
I haven't experienced that personally, but I also don't end up running the plugins in trial mode for very long.

I'm certainly not saying IK plugins are exempt from crashes under any circumstances, and I've experienced some unexpected behaviours from time to time, myself (usually in x.0 and x.01 versions, as expected), but not really any showstoppers. I think the AmpliTube 5.0.0 standalone went poof on me a few times.

What I was responding to specifically was fceramic saying their "performance is shoddy with crashes, CPU spikes and glitchy controls." From my vantage point, that is just plain not true.

My biggest beef with IK is them not updating older models to their current standards, and leaving some really essential gear on the table. (Marshall Bluesbreaker, proper JMP and BOSS CE-2 models, and vintage Selmer amps come to mind, as well as the dbx 160 I mentioned earlier.)
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:49 am I haven't experienced that personally, but I also don't end up running the plugins in trial mode for very long.
The crashes I got happened within one minute of loading the plugins. It only happened with the Sunset Reverb and Space Delay which are fairly new additions.

I ran the British Channel in demo mode for quite some time as I A/B'd it against the White Channel which I already own and it never crashed so maybe it's something in the newer plugins.

Like I said I don't remember getting any crashes with registered TRacks plugins or the Suite. I've been using many of them rather extensively lately with no issues.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

telecode thinks there might be little paid IKM moles crawling these web site forums that go around praising IKM
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:51 pm Well as a customer for many many years using a bunch of IK products, I have yet to find those reasons you speak of.

I once upgraded Mac OSX and couldn’t open an installer a while back, but that’s about the only issue I ever had using IK stuff. Everything just works and works well for me :phones:
:clap:

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Mod Edit wrote:simmo75 and you telecode both have 12 hours to prove you accusations or print a retraction and an apology or you will never post on Kvr again, I will ban you when I wake in the morning...grow up...there is no excuse for this childish behavior, this is not what KvR is about...you dont like ik ...we get it...stay out of the thread and you know I am not joking...in fact no more ik for either of you on kvr again got it?...happens again there will be no warnings...permaban, peter if either ever post let us know...you didnt take 1 mod's warning I aint joking and I know he wasnt

telecode wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:17 am telecode thinks there might be little paid IKM moles crawling these web site forums that go around praising IKM
It’s actually pretty embarrassing.
There’s a couple of very delusional shills here for sure...
Last edited by simmo75 on Sat May 15, 2021 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mod Edit wrote:simmo75 and you telecode both have 12 hours to prove you accusations or print a retraction and an apology or you will never post on Kvr again, I will ban you when I wake in the morning...grow up...there is no excuse for this childish behavior, this is not what KvR is about...you dont like ik ...we get it...stay out of the thread and you know I am not joking...in fact no more ik for either of you on kvr again got it?...happens again there will be no warnings...permaban, peter if either ever post let us know...you didnt take 1 mod's warning I aint joking and I know he wasnt

simmo75 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:23 am

I became an IK convert after getting Total Studio Max 2 for a cheap price. For sure lots of it never gets used, but their LA2A and 1176 compressors get more use than the Waves versions, and I also love the buss compressor (only the SSL native one beats it for me). Sunset Sound is great as well. I don't get the endless IK hate, and I'm not paid to say it! The only really annoying thing they do is limit the download time on large sample libraries- that's just bollocks.

I got comprexxor last night and love it so far. I want to do some comparisons with disto when I get time. But it has more features than Disto and sounds at least as good. My tests will reveal how much better it is and whethet disto can match it

jamcat wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:33 am
pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am Interesting... IKM didn't post about this plugin on Gearslutz. Somebody else did, unofficially. I expect a lot of bashing from Distressor users.
The response on Gearslutzspace seems to be considerably more positive than KVR. Maybe because they tend to be more professional there. The few whiners with the usual boring complaints have been roundly shutdown.
Gearslutz has more professionals for sure but conversations are rarely on professional level there. Sometimes KVR has more professional conversations that Gearslutz. It really depends on the day and what's the weather outside ;)

I've been posting in the gearspace thread too. It's full of whining about ik, then there are a few posts about the sound. Mixed opinions, but positive from those who've dived a bit deeper. I'd like to hear a hardware comparison. I saw a great one of Arouser vs hardware that put me off Arouser, plus when I demoed it I preferred disto

telecode wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:53 am
mjw63 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:03 am I've been posting in the gearspace thread too. It's full of whining about ik, then there are a few posts about the sound. Mixed opinions, but positive from those who've dived a bit deeper. I'd like to hear a hardware comparison. I saw a great one of Arouser vs hardware that put me off Arouser, plus when I demoed it I preferred disto
there is no point. none of this stuff sounds as good as hardware.
You're right. That's what devs like IK and the rest lives on. At least 90% have never ever used the hardware they emulate. No matter if it is a compressor or synth. They cultivate the myth their emulation does sound like the real deal to 100%. Throw in warm vintage in the description and you have a best seller.

Return to “Effects”