Bioscape, Found Sound Cinematics

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Glad to announce that Bioscape won the KVR Audio Readers Choice Award 2020 in the category Favorite Sampled Virtual Instrument. I am both humbled and honored considering the strong field of fine nominees from Spectrasonics, Spitfire Audio and Heavyocity. We wouldn't have won, if it wasn't for you... so from the bottom of my heart thanks to all who nominated and voted for Bioscape.

I found a winner of a Bioscape NFR license among the KVR users who nominated or voted for Bioscape and the winner is *drumroll* Spitfire31. Congratulations! I will send you a PM too. :)

Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Congratulations! :) And to Spitfire31, too.

Congrats for winning the award, well deserved! :clap: :party:

Well deserved award--good on you.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Congratulations, well deserved, indeed...

Congrats to Luftrum for creating this evocative and inspiring tool, and many thanks for the undeserved but welcome prize!

Of course I wouldn't vote for Bioscape without having used it with a license, so we made another arrangement, much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I'm new to this site and look forward to working with this software and doing a review. I find soundscape products so addictive and enjoy developing backgrounds for analog guitar (being a guitar player primarily).

Bravo Søren!

Wil there be a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:29 am Wil there be a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale?
I did not have a Black Friday sale but right now I have the highly anticipated Winter Sale active and you can save up to 50% storewide. Bioscape is 30% off during the sale (from $159 to $111) just use the code fallingsnow at checkout to apply the discount.

So... now is a great time to grab Bioscape if you haven't already. This sale is active to December 28 and there's more info on https://www.luftrum.com/

:)
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Bioscape is updated to v1.1 adding 122 new Reverse themed presets to the factory library. These are presets with sound sources played in reverse, from dark cinematic effects to distorted risers, subtle pads and esoteric textures.

The 8-minute vid below is an audio demo of 20 of the new presets added in the update. The presets are created by the original team of amazing sound designers surrounding Bioscape and the update is free of course, just update directly in Native Access. All the new presets are found in folder 08. Reverse.

The new presets are created in Kontakt 6.4.1 so please update to the latest version of Kontakt or the free Kontakt Player, to play the sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du-qn4cS4kY
Luftrum
Sound Designer

There's a Bioscape give-away event on the Luftrum Facebook page, you can win a license of Bioscape ($159) to you and up to three of your music / producer / composer friends, all you have to do is to tag those who deserve to enrich their DAW with found sound cinematics. The friends-pack will be drawn February 17.

https://www.facebook.com/Luftrum/posts/3792912254128890
Luftrum
Sound Designer

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:59 am Wish the interface was bigger on my 4K screen
Looks like this wish has been granted - new update is out in Native Access with enlarged GUI

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:44 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:59 am Wish the interface was bigger on my 4K screen
Looks like this wish has been granted - new update is out in Native Access with enlarged GUI
Yes it is! Bioscape is updated to v1.2. The update adds a larger user interface and you can switch between standard size and large size via the preferences (the little question mark ? in bottom right of the interface).

There's also added an option to change color, from standard blue to a complementary green. Just click the Bioscape logo in the interface, to change color. This plus a few cosmetic changes and a bug fixed.

The update is free of course and done directly in Native Access. :)

https://www.luftrum.com/bioscape/

Luftrum
Sound Designer

Bioscape was reviewed by John Walden in the April 2021 issue of Sound On Sound magazine.

John writes: “…there are some beautiful – and very organic sounding – pads, textures and drones. This kind of extended, evolving, sound is definitely one of Bioscape’s strong suits. That said, the presets in these categories go from soothing and subtle to downright dark and scary so you could use the instrument in a wide range of musical contexts.”

He highlights the flexible front end, the ability to drag & drop your own samples plus the interesting collection of ‘found sound’ samples.

You can grab the PDF and read the full review in the April 2021 issue.
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”