Hit'n'Mix Infinity

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The results are pretty amazing though, wow...

Processing a Celtic harp sequence from one of my Falcon libraries with Hit'N'Mix Infinity, modifying things like pitch/formant/duration/volume/inharmonicity, reversing singles notes, adding a pitch glissando and more.

https://youtu.be/Uan8-ozz_lQ

The graphic resolution on a 4K monitor is terrible, the font is all distorted and hardly readable, it's better on a 27" Thunderbolt display but far from ideal.

Too bad that purchasing Infinity is only possible using Visa/Master Card, no PayPal, no Amex, unfortunately I'm out...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:13 am Too bad that purchasing Infinity is only possible using Visa/Master Card, no PayPal, no Amex, unfortunately I'm out...
Thanks, I think for me a stable Spectralayers is more useful. Here's hoping 😀

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:13 am Too bad that purchasing Infinity is only possible using Visa/Master Card, no PayPal, no Amex, unfortunately I'm out...
No, I'm in, Hit'n'Mix support got back to me and they're sending a PayPal invoice.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about Hit’n’Mix Infinity! Yes it is very deep and can do many things but has a relatively short learning curve so it might be worth experimenting with the rips system to create a remix or the Note Editor for any audio repair/sound clean-up/replacement work that you need doing.

Amongst other differences compared to iZotope RX and Melodyne, Hit'n'Mix Infinity offers a new approach to editing – unlike other editors and DAWs, it is not necessary to edit waveforms and/or frequency spectrums. Instead, it unlocks the audio in ways that allow complete control over all attributes of notes, harmonics and unpitched sounds. At times, it can feel like you're working with MIDI. We always try to create and add new tutorial videos to our website:

https://hitnmix.com/mashup-song-videos/

If anyone has any specific questions about the software, we'd be happy to answer them here. :)

Infinity – Applying the Infinity scale effect on a single note of a complex choir scape.

https://youtu.be/6CBF8pfEDJk

Just bought rip-x deepremix
Any videos on seperating messy instruments and busy audio
I am new to it and think filtering and pitch quantise
Will try that when next at my desk

RipX DeepRemix got a 9/10 in The September 2021 issue. Excellent review but I wish they had reviewed the RipX DeepAudio.

questions about the new version:

1. the pitch, audioshop editor, is comparable to melodyne editor, it can extract polyphonic which is a plus. it doesn't have to be melodyne editor clone, but the processes you can perform are quite extensive? (with Cubase Pro 11 i have VariAudio, which works quite well, only monophonic sources, perhaps they will add it..., but i don't use it that often, because, yes see below..)

2. the harmonic editor, simply, put a new harmonic to the harmonics, how to do?

first i had to say this: i am not interested in the stem seperation, because i will use it on my own samples (made from all kind of sources, also field recordings, and if not, the sounds i built up myself, so i start with a synth, or what i like, program from scratch, etc. etc. the 100 ways that i have available), of course i can use my own tracks as source, so, it is for me nice addition.

the goal isn't mastering, cleaning, etc.

the goal is: mangling! sound brut design! playing with pitches, harmonics, combining timbres.

it can't do tonal/transient seperation? o well perhaps not that interesting, within the concept. and if i really need it, i have SpectraLayers Pro 8, that i also mainly use for sound brut design (yes i know no better word, i am not an expert, but i can do things..).

perhaps not the best place to ask... the hit n mix site isn't very clear, like the manual..
and yes only playing for it with 10 minutes... i know the basics of all, but not specifically of Ripx, or how is it called.

i am talking about the full version, harmonic desintegration, or reintegration... timbre overlays.. etc. pitch transforming on polyphonic sources. i already, with in 10 minutes, had a take, that i can use... so with simple things i believe you already can perform quite a lot.

but mainly:

1. is the audioshop on par with melodyne, to name one, an to say it this way, are the editing possibilities, quite extensive???

perhaps hit n mix DeepAudio does present me more. don't have melodyne editor. i always use strange workarounds.. spectral ones.

2. the harmonic editor, simply puting a new harmonic in it?? or build a sound with in the harmonic editor??
it is an editor... so you need to have source, mangling is enough for me. building from the ground, o well, additive/spectral synths can do that..
but the manual is very very short... about this for me very important editor...
adding harmonics, great. how???

bought it, well, it does the things i need. gonna use it mainly as an 'instrument', sound brut exploration...
i am curious what i will get out of it, will take some time. but did already small explorations, on not really pitched material, and have already one usefull result. not bad after using it, added up, for 45 minutes or so.
first the RTFM, and some support questions, because the manual isn't that clear on some points..

it is a risky exploration, and yes CPU heavy, but making RIPs (no seperation) does not take that long, for 12 minutes recording, of a live session.. but it hits sometimes the CPU limits, when making a lot, of adjustments.. but not audible.

for i want, it will take some time, to really master it, o well, these kind of programs, take time to learn, and is a good thing.

well, the only one that posts here...

DeepAudio, cpu hits are gone, even with extreme 'mangling', it was my virusscanner, i could predict it, when it is active some programs don't work as they should.. so disabling it, can be done with one click, and DeepAudio(/DeepRemix), works fluid, on my 'old' rig. and i normally disable it, when i am working with audio, but sometimes i forget, and most programs don't sufffer from it...

o well...

still in the early stages of experimenting, but this is quite groovy beast..

still trying with the Harmonic Editor, to add your own Harmonics, Harmonics are harmonics... i think i overlook something.

but beside that, even with my strange source, and i used the most strangest ones, in a way not the ones, i will use normally.. but for learning it, it is better, i believe.

although i am a new user, there is no forum or discord server, to exchange infomation, get tips, advice, etc.

so; i did set up this;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/359154609137686

WasteLand wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:08 am well, the only one that posts here...

DeepAudio, cpu hits are gone, even with extreme 'mangling', it was my virusscanner, i could predict it, when it is active some programs don't work as they should.. so disabling it, can be done with one click, and DeepAudio(/DeepRemix), works fluid, on my 'old' rig. and i normally disable it, when i am working with audio, but sometimes i forget, and most programs don't sufffer from it...

o well...

still trying with the Harmonic Editor, to add your own Harmonics, Harmonics are harmonics... i think i overlook something.

but beside that, even with my strange source, and i used the most strangest ones, in a way not the ones, i will use normally.. but for learning it, it is better, i believe.

although i am a new user, there is no forum or discord server, to exchange infomation, get tips, advice, etc.

so; i did set up this;

looks great but a bit expensive for me at the moment. Like you I am not interested in using it on pop or rock music. Also IrcamLab TS2 has some of those functions I think - extracting noise and tonal components - and I use that a bit

fairlyclose wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:31 am
WasteLand wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:08 am well, the only one that posts here...

o well...

so; i did set up this;

looks great but a bit expensive for me at the moment. Like you I am not interested in using it on pop or rock music. Also IrcamLab TS2 has some of those functions I think - extracting noise and tonal components - and I use that a bit
it looks great, it is great, still discovering all the possibilites of course. also for 'experimental' music, or sonic/sound brut exploration it gives a lot. it will take some time, to really master it, but i am discovering the possibilities and i believe it will give me what i expect it could give me.

it is expensive, i agree.

Spectralayers Pro 8, is also quite capable. i own it too, they complement eachother.

IrcamLab TS2 i didn't know, checked it out of course, not a lot of info on the page. but what i can extract from the info, great possibilities. there are many great programs, don't know them all.

there are also free alternatives, they work completely different, but if you know your stuff, you can get, not the same results, but can manipulate sound on a deep level, like AJAX SOUND STUDIO Cecilia.. (or/and Soundgrain)... or perhaps get even close. but isn't the same kind of manipulation..

when RIPx hit the market (o you can do wordplay with Hit'n'mix...), they had a discount of 30%, perhaps they will do even sales. i hope.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”