New T-RackS Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Comprexxor

jamcat wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:22 am This is nonsense about IK plugins crashing. They're pretty rock solid.
Also, I'm not bothered by all T-RackS modules being installed by the T-RackS installer when you install T-RackS. What the hell is the problem with that? If you haven't purchased a particular T-RackS module then you get to use it in demo mode.
I really, really don't understand why it's not obvious to everyone why the IKM way of managing installations is very special at least?

I mean, when I would like to demo something I'd like it to do like it was done all the times - on demand, that is,
- download the demo
- demo it
- like it, buy it, keep it
- don't like, delete it

I can tell you, it works like a charme.

I don't want to have a local copy of the world repository of software I might be interested in - especially not on my OS drive.

I do, however, have learned to see the benefits of installation managers for vendors with lots of stuff.

The installation process is not exclusive to IK! Some of you guys are literally the biggest whining babies ever smh do any of you not own UAD interfaces? Every single update you have to download the entire mothership of plugins if you want the update. Not a big deal!

Anyone who is minimally computer literate knows it’s not a big issue to move or delete an unused plugin out of a folder. I do it with UAD stuff I don’t own and if I want to demo I’ll drop it back into the folder.

I’ll never understand the people who dislike a product but yet are always posting and talking trash about the product to others who actually DO like the product.

I’m not a fan of FabFilter plugins. I think they are highly overrated and just a fancier GUI of Logics stock plugins. Guess how many FabFilter conversations I’ve joined? 0

Grow up guys (you know who you are).

The SSL buss compressor plugin shootout on gearspace is one of the all time best threads. I haven't been through the latest update, but very few people picked out the hardware in the earlier version, including among people who owned hardware. The hardware clones were also beaten consistently. Blind tests are key.

Mod Edit wrote:simmo75 and you telecode both have 12 hours to prove you accusations or print a retraction and an apology or you will never post on Kvr again, I will ban you when I wake in the morning...grow up...there is no excuse for this childish behavior, this is not what KvR is about...you dont like ik ...we get it...stay out of the thread and you know I am not joking...in fact no more ik for either of you on kvr again got it?...happens again there will be no warnings...permaban, peter if either ever post let us know...you didnt take 1 mod's warning I aint joking and I know he wasnt
[Mod edit: Paragraph removed.]
Last edited by telecode on Sat May 15, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

^ You're so over the top and nasty about this you're actually making me root for IK. My goodness.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Mod Edit wrote:simmo75 and you telecode both have 12 hours to prove you accusations or print a retraction and an apology or you will never post on Kvr again, I will ban you when I wake in the morning...grow up...there is no excuse for this childish behavior, this is not what KvR is about...you dont like ik ...we get it...stay out of the thread and you know I am not joking...in fact no more ik for either of you on kvr again got it?...happens again there will be no warnings...permaban, peter if either ever post let us know...you didnt take 1 mod's warning I aint joking and I know he wasnt

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:04 pm
revvy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 pm ^ You're so over the top and nasty about this you're actually making me root for IK. My goodness.
yeah.. they have that effect on people sometimes. But hey.. its cheap.. so good deal if you can get it.
Or maybe, just maybe you have a nasty attitude and your perspective on IK software is “skanky and janky” as you so eloquently put it?

And speaking value for your money, IK beats Softube and FabFilter all day. For instance, I love the Weiss Mastering bundle by Softube. But for much less money you can buy Total Studio 3 MAX which gives you an entire catalog of production gear vs 2 limiters 1 eq and Deeser....

So yeah Softube is great but a bit overpriced for digital software, and not as much value for your money. If you are one of those people who judge quality by price then this won’t mean anything to you.

Just compare what you get with Softube Volume 4 and look at what you get with Total Studio MAX 3 and then tell me Softube beats that.

Or FabFilter total bundle vs Total Studio MAX 3. I know I’m going IK all day when comparing what you get with the above 2 choices.

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:12 am
jamcat wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:22 am This is nonsense about IK plugins crashing.

IK Crash 051421-1.png

IK Crash 051421-2.png
FL Studio crashing due to a plugin? :o :o :o

That's entirely unheard of!!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

telecode wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:21 pm there is no comparison between the touch, feel and sonic experience between the real things and using a MIDI keyboard controller to control software.
I'll have to disagree with you there. I find that I have far more "touch, feel and sonic experience" with my computer based synths than I do with any of the hardware synths I own now or have owned in the past.

Computer based synths are "the real thing" as there is no such thing as a "software synth". They all require hardware of some kind whether it's a dedicated box or a computer, soundcard, and midi controller. It's simply a matter of form factor. There is no difference between the outputs of my audio device and the outputs of any hardware synth.

We can argue sound all we like but the "touch feel" argument just doesn't hold water for me.

As someone who grew up using hardware I find hardware snobbery to be misplaced loyalty and of course others will disagree and around we go.

Anyway I've wandered off topic of IK but I have mixed feelings about them. I do love the TRacks plugins as the ones I own do sound good to me on my source material.

But I do find IK's way of doing business at times to be a source of frustration and annoyance but it is what it is I suppose. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jens wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:36 pm FL Studio crashing due to a plugin?
Is is here. Maybe your system is less stable but here on two systems FL Studio is rock solid with the 400+ plugins I own...... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:55 pm
jens wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:36 pm FL Studio crashing due to a plugin?
Is is here. Maybe your system is less stable but here on two systems FL Studio is rock solid with the 400+ plugins I own...... :wink:
Never used that particular bit of Delphi madness... it's just that when something is typically quite stable and some people report bugs here nontheless - and often quite dramatic ones - these folks much more often than not use FL - so just from roaming KVR for many years, I am pretty convinced that FL must be the living nightmare of plugin builders - even though it seems to have gotten a lot better since Gol left.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

telecode wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:33 pm I dont think any of the IKM stuff is par with Softtube or Fab.
Code-quality wise, I personally rate IKM much higher than these two - better sound for less CPU-cycles.

So how's Comrexxor doing? Better than other emulations? Worst? Better than hardware?
8 pages (4 on Gearsoups) and barely any real comment about how it sounds :D

Return to “Effects”