Grip vs Padshop 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

grain is beautiful

Back in 2014 I made a video on Grip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqV2junhWs4
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

killmaster wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:29 am Form and Skanner XT are also worth a look if you are considering Reaktor insturments.
Are those granular synths though? Honest question, because I'm not sure about the definition. I always thought it would have something to do with "grains" opposed to the wavescanning which most of the NI sample synths are doing.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

chk071 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:17 pm
killmaster wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:29 am Form and Skanner XT are also worth a look if you are considering Reaktor insturments.
Are those granular synths though? Honest question, because I'm not sure about the definition. I always thought it would have something to do with "grains" opposed to the wavescanning which most of the NI sample synths are doing.
honestly, I'm not sure either. I don't think they thrown granular bits around, I think they just scan different sections of the waveform at different speeds but not sure...

BBFG# wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:06 am I'd definitely stay away from Mangle.
Yeah, looks like the dev has been MIA for a few years now, which is too bad. I really do like this one the best. I'm surprised the website is still active.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

How does Quanta by Audio Damage stack up? Looks pretty good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:25 pm How does Quanta by Audio Damage stack up? Looks pretty good.
does the job quite well, i only use it with MPE. it is another approach, which works.

bought it on impulse, in sale (quite a price difference..), when i bought more granulars..

but it has it's advantages, you create interesting sounds with it, always use my own samples.

i considered it not 'real' granular, but it is. biotek 2 can do almost the same. but still. and audio damage makes it its own. so..

great modulation matrix, perhaps scrolling is not fast..., and you can accidently scroll a value..
but a lot of modulation, and nice 'envelopes' (not for grains i mean, but for playing, it has also windows/envelopes for grains, can play many grains and voices with MPE, without killing the CPU).

a demo is available.

Return to “Instruments”