FabFilter Pro-MB: Looking for advice

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OTT is often used as Fx. Like all compression, multiband can be used creatively

Tendou wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:19 pm bro I have 2, I never use them. I master stuff myself and basicly its for dealing with issues but when you can go back to your mixing its even better to fix them there. moreover using a multiband comp is pretty difficult and can do more harm if you dont fully understand it and it takes a lot of practice to use it right. If you dont do mastering for a living imho you dont need it. I wish I could give my pro-mb back but its NFR bc I really dont need it and the other one is included in ozone. The only one I somehow use is the free OTT and maybe to split a sound in 3 different frequency bands to process them differently but for that you dont need a multiband comp.
TL;DR:
in my opinion: Probably for a standard musician and even for the majority of pros its not really usefull and a must-have and dynamic eqing is probably sufficient. If you are a mastering engineer you will need it to fix problems of other‘s songs.
You are probably right. I am not a mastering engineer and don't work for other's music, so I am not really convinced I need it. I do master my own music, but I am not really a pro and don't imagine a situation where I would need to use an MB compressor - might be useful for vocals, but could get away with dynamic EQ perhaps. While I do like Pro-MB, it is expensive for the use it will be getting. Thanks for brining in a different perspective.

OTT sounds great indeed. I used it on individual tracks on a track I made some time ago. Nice for adding some colour.
Ploki wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:19 pm OTT is often used as Fx. Like all compression, multiband can be used creatively
Yeah, I see the videos of Hyperbits using OTT a lot to add character to sounds.

Return to “Effects”