One Synth Challenge #147: Any Full Bucket Music Synth Challenge (schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aro wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:54 am I really wanted to put an effort in this month, but my relief at work might not be coming back in for longer than expected. Meaning an extra long streak of shifts and pure exhaustion. Who knows when it'll end. Hasn't really sunk in. Just taking it day by day.

Usually listening to and making music helps me relax, but my lazy nature teaches me to try and prolong the time between shifts by doing nothing. Gives the illusion of a longer break, right?

Anyways, good luck everyone. And I'm sure I'll have a listen to the results once I get a break, hopefully by next month! :lol:
And good luck to you too in coping with those exhausting shifts :hug:

Excited to be working on one this month :) I will squeeze in the hours at 2 am if I have to!

@Elex Thanks! Its getting easier. I work for an elderly lady. We butt heads a bit, but it turns out we share the same birthday. So, it must be my reflection. I'm just finding it challenging because I used to bail easily, but I'm working on it. The work is actually quite rewarding.

-- deleted --
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun May 16, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm trying Scrooo for my entry, which should be fun. It's a strange one, and I keep making unexpected noises, which are my favorite kind, so yeah.

Is anyone having problems with ModulAir? I'm having an odd problem in Logic Pro X. During playback there are loud audio pops and the sound stops, but the playback on screen continues. This happens randomly -- I can go for a day or two without problems, then it starts up and happens over and over. Thanks.

^I had this in my Modulair entry last time it was used for OsC, couldn’t work out what it was, although it added a certain something, bit like vinyl click and pop, although it was only on certain instances and didn’t interfere with playback, I don’t think so anyway, so possibly not the same thing

AlSo, I’ve included the synth used on my track, the wonderful Bloo :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:26 am AlSo, I’ve included the synth used on my track, the wonderful Bloo :D
I'm almost disappointed you didn't hold out longer.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Hi folks,

since I do not own Logic I have to guess what might be the root cause of the issue. Thus I prepared a special ModulAir version 1.2.3.X. It is AU only so no need to download it if you are using the VST.

>>> Get v.1.2.3.X here! <<<

Plz let me know if it solves the problem.

Cheers, Björn

Hi all, new member here. I had this idea of "one synth challenges" for myself and was very glad to find a community doing this :D Full Bucket synths are awesome, I'll probably go with the Modulair but I'll browse around a bit.

One question though, if I understand the rules correctly, I am allowed to create samples of the synth such as kick, snare etc, load them into Cubase Groove Agent SE sampler and program the drums there. Granted of course that I don't manipulate the samples within Groove Agent or add any other samples not made by the Modulair?

EDIT: Going with the Qyooo instead

TheFrozenSea wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:00 am ...One question though, if I understand the rules correctly, I am allowed to create samples of the synth such as kick, snare etc, load them into Cubase Groove Agent SE sampler and program the drums there. Granted of course that I don't manipulate the samples within Groove Agent or add any other samples not made by the Modulair?
First, welcome and good luck !
Secondly, the rules state ( quoted for convenience only ;) ):

"No use of samples, sample libraries or live sounds (like voice, guitar etc allowed).
However, for convenience or CPU saving, synth bouncing are allowed but only where the EXACT same result could have been achieved using the original synth: - This means that for example pitching and reversing is not allowed; sampling a bass drum in order to get a consistent sound is not allowed either.
Samplers used must be host samplers or freeware and easily available."

So strictly speaking the sampling of drums would only be allowed for synths that produce perfectly consistent drums. As soon as free running oscillators, inconsistent envelopes, rumbling noise etc. are involved, it wouldn't be.

ELEX wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:01 am
TheFrozenSea wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:00 am ...One question though, if I understand the rules correctly, I am allowed to create samples of the synth such as kick, snare etc, load them into Cubase Groove Agent SE sampler and program the drums there. Granted of course that I don't manipulate the samples within Groove Agent or add any other samples not made by the Modulair?
First, welcome and good luck !
Secondly, the rules state ( quoted for convenience only ;) ):

"No use of samples, sample libraries or live sounds (like voice, guitar etc allowed).
However, for convenience or CPU saving, synth bouncing are allowed but only where the EXACT same result could have been achieved using the original synth: - This means that for example pitching and reversing is not allowed; sampling a bass drum in order to get a consistent sound is not allowed either.
Samplers used must be host samplers or freeware and easily available."

So strictly speaking the sampling of drums would only be allowed for synths that produce perfectly consistent drums. As soon as free running oscillators, inconsistent envelopes, rumbling noise etc. are involved, it wouldn't be.
Thanks! I read that part and when I got to "samplers used must be host samplers or freeware and easily available" I understood that as "you can use samplers but only if you do not alter the samples". Programming drums in different midi tracks for each sound will be tedious, but I guess there's no way around that

FrogsInPants wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:52 am
Eauson wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:26 am AlSo, I’ve included the synth used on my track, the wonderful Bloo :D
I'm almost disappointed you didn't hold out longer.
I was going to, I just felt the need to share ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

▶▶▶ Submission ◀◀◀
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/osc- ... dBIh5eiz6j

Made with: ModulAir
None DAW FX: ModulAirFX, MSaturatorMB, MStereoProcessor, QuickHass, ValhallaSuperMassive
Everything else is done with Bitwig on board stuff.

Hope it's not to badly mixed - one of my monitor speakers is dead so this track was completely done with headphones and only sometimes doing some mono listening ... Please let me know if something is completely off.

17.05.21 - Updated the track on soundcloud. mix way to crappy...
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Mon May 17, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFrozenSea wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:21 am Programming drums in different midi tracks for each sound will be tedious, but I guess there's no way around that
That depends, if you're using Ableton there are plenty of routing options.

Return to “Instruments”