What was your first hardware synthesizer?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think my first keyboard was a Yamaha PSR for some sort... First synth was a DIY theremin I built when I was first learning about electronics. Both were in the late '90s. I was probably 16, so 1999?

PreenFM2.
bought it to extend my drum kit with clangorous FM sounds.

Hi, my first hardware synth was an Elektron Analog 4 MKI. I know that there are quite some debates regarding its user interface, however, the sound and possibilities are really great. Once you have gotten your head around it, the combination of the sequencer and the sound engine make it a real techno monster (at least in my oppinion). BTW, if you think the bass is to weak, the trick is to use the second filter in high pass mode without actually highpassing but bosting the resonance a bit. Cheers

Hi
my first was a micromoog :)

Microkorg. I hated it and sold it a couple months later.

Had one of these at the end of the 80's. Korg Poly-800 Reversed keyboard
Took me a while to get used to a "normal" keyboard. And now I use a Seaboard which is even weirder :wink:

For me it was Casio CZ1000 1985. I was looking at Juno 106 too at the time, but was more money involved that made the decision i favour of CZ.

It was menu diving all the way, but was just very happy at the time. Soon found I needed memory cartridges and they were expensive, so made some of my own being 8 x times Casios in size(and just double in price), and was the start of my business. One store in sweden sold pretty good of that.

Made money to buy my first PC, and then moved over to programming making software. And it became my profession and now retired making music and film full time, that was my hobby all life through.

MS200r, which I still have! Very logically laid out synth with lots of hands-on control. I think I'll gift it to someone who wants to learn synthesis in the future

My First was an Alpha Juno 2...Then a Korg X2 and now my only hardware is a Yamaha DX 100 that was given to me.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Minimoog 1st generation, my father gave it to me when I was 9 years old and I loved it. I still keep it for nostalgic reasons...

Casio HT3000

Sometime in the mid 80s... a Casio MT 31 ;)
omyvayljjoamirojydjc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A brand new Minimoog in '79, I was broke for long time after that.

Ok I'll join in, it was a sc pro one bought from a music shop in bingley, UK for £349 in 1981
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:48 pm
cryophonik wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:33 pm Radio Shack/Realistic/Moog Concertmate MG-1. My dad bought it back in '81 because he thought it would be cool to mess around with, and I basically took ownership of it.
my uncle who i got the yamaha off had something that looked similar, but we don't have radio shack? so not sure how he would have one.
Sure you did. Does the name Tandy perhaps ring any bells?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”