Kali LP-6 your opinion... noise issue fixed ?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking at getting a pair of Kali LP-6 ~$300.
There are a few videos on YT about a hiss/noise issue.

Kali were open about this and say they've fixed it in their new batch and encouraged buying from a licensed dealer.
However, the hiss videos on YT, there are 3 in the past two months. Granted these are from abroad and possibly they got an earlier batch.

But just wondering what you guys think about the LP6 (or maybe you want to suggest something else in this price range)?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Are they still using a Class D amps? I think that was the issue..

My Mackie MR624's with Class A/B amps don't hiss.

I got hold of an SPL meter from work.
Radioshack one (don't really trust the smartphone app ones).
This meter can not measure < 50 Db, or over 120Db.
However, I was getting a reading of 53Db. This was hiss, with the meter-mic placed less than an inch from the Kali LP6 speaker cone. If I move the meter back an inch or two it just says that it can't register a reading. So < 50Db.

Room noise (away from the speakers) very, very quiet (air con off) - not even measuring on the meter.
I can't hear the hiss from where I am sitting. To be honest I do have some tinnitus so probably might miss it anyway.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

MasterTuner wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:55 pm Looking at getting a pair of Kali LP-6 ~$300.
There are a few videos on YT about a hiss/noise issue.

Kali were open about this and say they've fixed it in their new batch and encouraged buying from a licensed dealer.
However, the hiss videos on YT, there are 3 in the past two months. Granted these are from abroad and possibly they got an earlier batch.

But just wondering what you guys think about the LP6 (or maybe you want to suggest something else in this price range)?
This is simply not true. Kali issued a statement saying that all of their monitors are the same. They have not made any corrections or adjustments. However in 2021 they are going to release new monitors that have barely noticable hiss levels.

I will add that I sent my Kali audio lp-6's back
Because of the hiss levels. I now have adam audio t7v and they are perfect. Loud, good sound and minimal hiss. I could not handle the kali's

I just bought 1st generation LP8s at a tiny discount because the dealer said the 2nd gen are out and they need to get rid of 1st, but failed to mention the hissing issue. I'm extremely unhappy about this, and it seems they don't issue returns on speakers.

How were you able to send them back to Kali, if nothing is technically wrong with them?

Thanks.

jonahos wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:05 am How were you able to send them back to Kali, if nothing is technically wrong with them?
Sorry to hear that.

Any issues need to be dealt with directly with your dealer. Consult their returns policy. In most countries in the civilized world you have the right to return bought stuff and get all your money back within 30 days, no questions asked (provided you still have all the packaging material and the item is spotless)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I have a pair of In-8 mk2 and they are truly incredible speakers for the money (I compared them directly with a £4k pair of Dynaudio Core 47s I also had). The hiss is a non issue.

Somebody I know who's ears I trust has a pair of LP-6 mk1's and he even thinks the hiss is a non issue whilst mixing. Yes it's there if you're sitting in a silent room listening for it, but as soon as anything is playing through them, you don't hear it.

I hear nothing through the In-8s though, even if I stand close to them and try to hear it.

Bear in mind, my ears are 50 :hihi:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”