What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unfortunately my guitar body is too thin to fit push-pulls!

That Marshall certainly is fairly priced, but one of the few tonal things I've established so far is that I don't really like "that Marshall sound". That said, that 5C isn't perhaps the most typical example of that tonality. If I go for such low-budget amp, it's probably the Bugera V5... but I'm thinking to save up for a bit and find a B-stock or used, better quality combo. Orange Rocker 15 could be nice, or a small Fender. Plenty of research still to be done!

Well my Danelectro 12 string arrived Saturday insteads of Monday, cheers to Sweetwater and FedX.
The guitar is fantastic, intonation is great all the way up the neck. It sounds great and I'm super pleased!

Hmm, it seems like I am thinking seriously about buying a new guitar. Specifically a nice quality classical guitar. Looking at Cordoba, Alhambra, Taylor etc. Anyone like anything in particular?

I dunno maybe $800 - $1500-ish budget something like that.

Thanks in advance.

-Cheers

bluedad wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:39 pm Well my Danelectro 12 string arrived Saturday insteads of Monday, cheers to Sweetwater and FedX.
The guitar is fantastic, intonation is great all the way up the neck. It sounds great and I'm super pleased!
Nice. Damn, you got me wanting one now and I've got to spend my next chunk of change on a piano/88 key thing. Oh well, maybe by Black Friday I'll have some spare coin for one.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:00 pm
bluedad wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:39 pm Well my Danelectro 12 string arrived Saturday insteads of Monday, cheers to Sweetwater and FedX.
Nice. Damn, you got me wanting one now and I've got to spend my next chunk of change on a piano/88 key thing. Oh well, maybe by Black Friday I'll have some spare coin for one.
If you're short of cash but want a 12 string, the Gear4Music 'Shitenbacker' is actually a fair decent guitar. got one and used it on loads of stuff, and for some some things I prefer it to my fancy arse Revelation Jaguar 12.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... burst/1MRA

You can usually get B-stock ones a bit cheaper too.

Ta, but already have a 12 string acoustic so more after the specific Danelectro. Also, much as I love the sound of 12 string Rickys I can't play them for shit, the neck's far too narrow for me. The other 12 string I liked the look of is the Wayne Hussey signature Schecter, but it's pretty much a grand. Very pretty though
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Mon May 17, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

when i have many songs created and ready to be recorded, and if i can afford it, i will buy session guitarists's time and skills.

just like the two guys from steely dan did.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

coz they bring their own guitars and gears.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

pekbro wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:36 pm Hmm, it seems like I am thinking seriously about buying a new guitar. Specifically a nice quality classical guitar. Looking at Cordoba, Alhambra, Taylor etc. Anyone like anything in particular?

Thanks in advance.

-Cheers
I grew up playing a cordoba loved it..Was at Guitar Center a while back and played one I really liked seems like it was in the $600 range so it's probably around a grand now. It's next on my guitar list.

All about this lately. Rat with some mad scientist stuff going on
https://www.electrofoods.space/nepenthes

bluedad wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:16 am
pekbro wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:36 pm Hmm, it seems like I am thinking seriously about buying a new guitar. Specifically a nice quality classical guitar. Looking at Cordoba, Alhambra, Taylor etc. Anyone like anything in particular?

Thanks in advance.

-Cheers
I grew up playing a cordoba loved it..Was at Guitar Center a while back and played one I really liked seems like it was in the $600 range so it's probably around a grand now. It's next on my guitar list.
Nice and thanks, unfortunately I can't try them out as classical guitars seem to be a rarity
around these parts for some reason.

I haven't found the right volume pedal 2nd hand yet, but I did get a Bugera V22 tube amp :party:

The playing experience and sound with my boutique Muff is miles better than what I achieved with plugins, so I consider this 180€ well spent 👍

.jon wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:49 am I haven't found the right volume pedal 2nd hand yet, but I did get a Bugera V22 tube amp :party:

The playing experience and sound with my boutique Muff is miles better than what I achieved with plugins, so I consider this 180€ well spent 👍
For recording purposes, or simply to play?
I found myself tempted by those amps a while ago, but there's no way I could play loud enough to properly mike the amp (cause of my neighbours).

cptgone wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:13 am
.jon wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:49 am I haven't found the right volume pedal 2nd hand yet, but I did get a Bugera V22 tube amp :party:

For recording purposes, or simply to play?
I found myself tempted by those amps a while ago, but there's no way I could play loud enough to properly mike the amp (cause of my neighbours).
For both, but mainly for playing for now as I'm still far from a competent guitarist, picked the instrument up only a year ago. Pedals into clean channel sound just fine at reasonable volumes, but I'm lucky and soon wont have any neighbours in sight so I can really experiment with tone.

Got snagged in IK's latest group grope. Amplitube 5.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Return to “Guitars”