The best Impulse Response [IR] sites

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRer
11 posts since 12 Feb, 2021

Post Mon May 17, 2021 1:56 am

A good convolution resource I've been using is the Waves IR Convolution library, there are some good impulses in there. Unfortunately, they're all in their weird, proprietary .wir file format, but it's still a type of PCM file with a weird container. I found this thread on kvr that includes a link to a github with a python program that converts all of the proprietary files to .wav files for use in any convolution plugin. Really useful.

KVRer
5 posts since 14 May, 2021

Post Tue May 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Thanks!

KVRAF
3816 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from Land of The Charity Shop

Post Wed May 19, 2021 4:51 am

Obselysium wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:56 am
A good convolution resource I've been using is the Waves IR Convolution library, there are some good impulses in there. Unfortunately, they're all in their weird, proprietary .wir file format, but it's still a type of PCM file with a weird container. I found this thread on kvr that includes a link to a github with a python program that converts all of the proprietary files to .wav files for use in any convolution plugin. Really useful.
I use IR-L Convolution Reverb with impulses from Signal to Noize and others. The presets (not impulses) can be found on GS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

KVRAF
6457 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Post Thu May 27, 2021 8:16 pm

KVRAF

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:28 am

GMH Audio PWYW $0+
https://www.gmhaudio.com/impulse-responses
Figure Cabs
Couch Reverb
Garage Reverb

Email submission required
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF

Post Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Double :dog:
So, I thought I'd add my first attempt at getting a impulse from a 1073 clone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”