Favorite versatile reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to organize my reverb plugins folder. Other than Valhalla*, I would like to know what are is/are your favorite versatile reverb/s that can be used for anything and everything. If you had to mix a song with just one reverb, what would it be?

I currently have:
Waves H-Reverb, R-Verb, TrueVerb
Native Instruments RC-24, RC-48, Raum
Soundtoys Little Plate
Polyverse Music Comet
NEWLY ADDED: Exponential Audio NIMBUS

FUTURE CONSIDERATION: FabFilter Pro-R

I think H-Reverb could be that do-it-all plugin for me.

Any suggestions/comments?

* Not that I don't like Valhalla or anything, I just want to know about other plugins, either the ones listed above, or your favorites.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Wed May 19, 2021 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oh joy, yet another favourite reverb topic. Did you try search? 🤦‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:59 am Oh joy, yet another favourite reverb topic. Did you try search? 🤦‍♂️
I think it is mandatory on KVR to have one of these per month.

from the list you made, i can only vouch for H-Reverb. has a to lot dial in.

ramseysounds wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:59 am Oh joy, yet another favourite reverb topic. Did you try search? 🤦‍♂️
I did, but not a detailed one. I was looking for more specific suggestions in relation to the stuff I already have.

Feel free to suggest your favorite reverb please. Should not take more than a minute. :)
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon May 17, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

WasteLand wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 am from the list you made, i can only vouch for H-Reverb. has a to lot dial in.
Thanks for your opinion. :tu: Anything outside the list (and Valhalla) that you like the most, you favorite versatile reverb?

Audiority Xenoverb for versatility and speed.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:27 am I am trying to organize my reverb plugins folder. Other than Valhalla*, I would like to know what are is/are your favorite versatile reverb/s that can be used for anything and everything. If you had to mix a song with just one reverb, what would it be?

I currently have:
Waves H-Reverb, R-Verb, TrueVerb
Native Instruments RC-24, RC-48, Raum
Soundtoys Little Plate
Polyverse Music Comet

I think H-Reverb could be that do-it-all plugin for me.

Any suggestions/comments?

* Not that I don't like Valhalla or anything, I just want to know about other plugins, either the ones listed above, or your favorites.
TBH, I think you're pretty much set with what you have... seems like quite a complete collection.

At the moment, I could live on NI Raum alone. At least that's what I mostly use. Very versatile reverb, even though the few parameters would suggest something different.

Exponential Audio R4 and Nimbus for more versatility than you probably care for (plus outstanding sound).

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:37 am
WasteLand wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 am from the list you made, i can only vouch for H-Reverb. has a to lot dial in.
Thanks for your opinion. :tu: Anything outside the list (and Valhalla) that you like the most, you favorite versatile reverb?
already mentioned:

Audiority Xenoverb
Exponential Audio R4
Exponential Audio Nimbus

Eventide UltraReverb

all great!

the CSR reverbs of IKM, worth to mention, extremely versatile also. a lot of settings. deep...
and still sound great.

perhaps Audiority Xenoverb, although not a lot settings, but has the biggest bandwidth in one Reverb.. a lot of algorithms. and settings not a lot, as i mentioned, but enough.

Softube Tsar-1 is quite versatile, it doesn't show, but you can hear it..

and Meldaproduction MTurboReverb, discovering now how to make algorithms, or use them in my own way. endless...

of course you get only a list of what i own, these aren't all reverbs i have, because i use them (...) and know them (yes!).

quite a lot to choose from. some more expensive yes, but sales, buying into bundles.

and waiting; the TSAR-1, for a very low price, here.

the CSR ones are in sale, but 4 of them, is $100... there a cheaper ways...

this is a list, not one. difficult to choose one, also your needs, H-Reverb has a lot, Xenoverb has a lot of algorithms, makes it very versatile.

and, in my case, it always depend on source, workflow, style etc. genre etc.. i choose the one, that works best for what i want...

but Xenoverb, also R4, for allround..

EDIT: i seemed to have read the post wrong :help: :scared:

additions; you already have great Reverbs, i have RC24/48/raum also, for instance.

Xenoverb. that is the one, me thinks, that will add to what you already have.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think the Exponential Audio Reverbs (R2/R4, Nimbus/PhoenixVerb) could add something to what you already have. Even though, in the case of R2/R4, there might be some overlap with your RC24/48. Even though I always found RC24/48 to be overly dark. Have to spend more time with them though, I also own them.

2C Audio Aether, except it's neglected as f**k. (But so are Exponential audio, so who cares). It's complciated to work with.

Then on the flipside, FabFilter Pro-R. It can do a lot, and it's imo completely under-rated. It's super versatile but because its tuned very well there's 7 knobs to work with (+ built in post EQ and built in DECAY curve - so you can adjust decay rate per frequency - super easy to clean up an offensive part of reverb) also, you can get where you need to be REALLY fast, and it's soooo easssyyyy to make it sit in a mix.

Not my go-to for "super obvious" reverbs, because the flip side of easy sitting in a mix is also that when isolated, it's not as present and "wow" as some others.

I got it when i bought the FX Bundle and i thought i'll never use it, but in the end it's in nearly every project.

Oh, so if i had to mix with only one reverb, it would be Pro-R, no doubt there at all. Couple of years ago i'd say Aether. (I also have Valhalla, but i find Pro-R just faster to work with)

My 'gun to the head choose one' would be xenoverb purely because it covers so much more than standard reverbs. If it was just one to record a 'conventional' track (no shimmer, Freq shifting needed etc) then I could live with Orilriver, often used it over Valhalla verbs.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. :tu:

Return to “Effects”