Thenatan releases "Vybz" Lofi Multi-Effect Plugin with 63% off Intro Offer discount

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist
48 posts since 12 Nov, 2019

Post Mon May 17, 2021 4:25 am

Great Plugin, bought it yesterday.
There only one issue: The randomizer crashes my Cubase 11 Pro when I click on it repeatedly.. after like 5 to 20 clicks on the randomizer Cubase crashes.
Edit: seems to also happen when I skip through the presets, after some time it crashes

KVRian
670 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Mon May 17, 2021 8:17 am

Yep, the software's still buggy as hell at the moment. Hopefully all's well and the delay isn't something more serious, or even abandonware!

KVRist
48 posts since 12 Nov, 2019

Post Fri May 28, 2021 10:53 am

I really like it, but I don´t dare to use it anymore, because it just crashes so often. I even can´t open projects anymore (Cubase Pro 11) where I used it because the DAW crashes when loading the plugin. Hopefully there is a update coming :-)

KVRist
43 posts since 7 Apr, 2012 from Stockholm

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:01 pm

Anyone heard any life signs from the dev ?

KVRAF
5033 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:38 am

Not me [sent an email and a PM here (that was read by the recipient)].

KVRAF
29920 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:18 am

thenatan wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 pm
The new update is Coming this Week, It is More CPU Friendly,
And the performance Is Very Great with VYBZ 1.5.0

Natan
I can only find v1.1.0 on your site and at ADSR ... is v1.5.0 available yet?

KVRian

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:15 am

thenatan wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 pm
Hello everyone, and I hope all is well
First of all, Sorry Fo the late Replies, I Was so sick, And need to stay At Bed, and Couldnt check the notifications
Please Accept My Apologies

We addressed a few bugs, That only happens In logic, and fixed Them,
The new update is Coming this Week, It is More CPU Friendly,
And the performance Is Very Great with VYBZ 1.5.0.

Please Stay Tuned
Best to you All

Natan
:?

KVRian
1200 posts since 3 Mar, 2009 from Colorado Springs

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:22 am

I like how this plugin sounds but I also have had some instability with it in Reaper. Maybe should have just got RC-20, as I am worried the dev isn't following the thread anymore and there hasn't been any update after a few months of saying there would be. Hope he's alright out there, ah, if he IS alright then it'd be extra alright to get some attention on his software like he mentioned.

I've just been dialing it in as one of the last things I do on a stem and freezing it. Not the most elegant workflow but I don't like projects that won't load. It does have some pretty useful stuff it can do.
Last edited by Agreed on Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My gear & music blog - working link, try it! Featuring guitar amp modeling and (new for 2021) synth content.

KVRAF
4305 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:01 am

I think we should leave Thenatan/Natan alone and not expect them to be monitoring and posting in this forum. IMO any dev that chooses to communicate to us on here is an unexpected value-add and should not be taken for granted. Let's leave Natan alone and if there are specific support issues, contact Thenatan directly via their site. Or, not... up to you. But expecting devs to be responsive on a forum like this is risking disappointment.

KVRian
1297 posts since 2 Jun, 2003

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:01 am

plexuss wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:01 am
I think we should leave Thenatan/Natan alone and not expect them to be monitoring and posting in this forum. IMO any dev that chooses to communicate to us on here is an unexpected value-add and should not be taken for granted. Let's leave Natan alone and if there are specific support issues, contact Thenatan directly via their site. Or, not... up to you. But expecting devs to be responsive on a forum like this is risking disappointment.
Natan has both solicited our feedback and made assurances of progress on Vybz in this very thread. There may be other appropriate places to comment on bugs, speculate about his wellness, and whether he's abandoned development, but no place moreso than right here. He chose this venue, not us.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 678 reviews each day!

KVRAF
4305 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:01 am
Natan ... He chose this venue, not us.
Exactly! And he will choose when to post when there is something for us to know. :tu:

KVRAF
29920 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:11 pm

plexuss wrote:
Let's leave Natan alone and if there are specific support issues, contact Thenatan directly via their site. Or, not... up to you.
I tried contacting via their website and got no response before I posted here ...

KVRian

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:16 am

plexuss wrote:
This is a thread literally started by the developer which he uses to communicate with part of his customer base about this particular product. It couldn't be any more relevant to discuss and communicate with him here.

KVRian

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:12 am

plexuss wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:07 pm
Exactly! And he will choose when to post when there is something for us to know. :tu:
Obviously he will post if or when he wants to. There's nothing in the -least- illegitimate about customers who have been told there will be improvements to a problematic product (and though I do enjoy the functions and sound a lot, stability is problematic, you know?) bringing up their disappointment that such improvements have not materialized, within the very thread that the developer has made to discuss (and promise) such things. If nothing else it shows other prospective customers what their expectations ought to be going in, which is crucial and a great function of sites like this one.

I think we should ignore this admonishment against trying to talk to the dev or about the dev's relation to this product, in the dev's thread he made to talk about his product.
Last edited by Agreed on Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My gear & music blog - working link, try it! Featuring guitar amp modeling and (new for 2021) synth content.

KVRian

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:16 am

Well this was an accidental double post but since it already exists I might as well use it.

I reached out to TheNatan's facebook page via messenger and they responded quickly and said that there is an update coming for Vybz. But, it was not Natan himself and they said he was not around. Here's hoping we do see a stability improvement reasonably soon :o

Return to “Effects”