Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

kgbrolic wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:55 pm Didn't they say that they are making improvements to the DAW and sequencer already? Maybe not 12.0 but they are working on it, it will probably be throughout the 12.x life cycle.
People said that about version 11 as well. And about GUI improvements. I don't think we can expect much from point releases, look at the changelogs for Reason 11. It's nearly all bug fixes, a device update and finishing the rack extension (MIDI Out, AAX, working keyboard control etc. were surely intended from the start). The biggest thing they added was the Beat Map device

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

No GUI update changes to the SSL-Mixer ? Not even a dark version to match the rest of the dark theme ?

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:50 pm No GUI update changes to the SSL-Mixer ? Not even a dark version to match the rest of the dark theme ?

That screen hurts my brain.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Anosou @ ReasonTalk wrote:Happy to hear that! We're definitely trying to be more clear and open with where we're going and what's coming up :)
https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... 53#p555553
We'd appreciate some more of that clarity and openness with regards to Reason DAW changes: anything planned in v12.0 for the sequencer (track folders, track freeze, key & scale highlighting, improved Blocks mode, note chase, retrospective recording, etc.) or the mixer (themes, at least)?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:21 pm A new sampler + new combinator skinning
I foresee a shitload of upcoming sample packs
Undoubtedly, but I think that this is great. This is probably the single biggest upgrade feature possible for Reason, IMNSHO, or course.

antic604 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 am
jarnold wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:20 amStill looking forward to the high Rez update though...
Yeah, me too. I'm in the beta and it indeed makes all the difference, especially on a laptop where I need to use 125% scaling. But I'm not getting any new REs during May Madness sale that just started today, despite really wanting Friktion, Algoritm and Pattern Mutator :(
Does it help if I say that Algoritm is the best FM synth I have ever played around with? :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

apoclypse wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:24 pm
Working with Reason's SSL in the dark hurt my eyes... but to find that the Props didn't bother to apply customisation to the main mixer of the DAW when they introduced themes and haven't for years is bewildering. If Acoustica 'Mixcraft' and many other developers can do it, I see little reason why the Props can't.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

The rescalable interface should have been a .x feature within v11, or even v10, but I'm really looking forward to it, as well as the new Combinator and Sampler. I'm not that disturbed about the fact they are not focusing on the other parts of the DAW. I'm not even using VST's anymore in Reason (probably because I have more or less the whole library of Rack Extensions) :)

While folder groups would be "nice to have", I think of Reason being more of a "playground", and Studio One where the more serious pieces are happening.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:41 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 am
jarnold wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:20 amStill looking forward to the high Rez update though...
Yeah, me too. I'm in the beta and it indeed makes all the difference, especially on a laptop where I need to use 125% scaling. But I'm not getting any new REs during May Madness sale that just started today, despite really wanting Friktion, Algoritm and Pattern Mutator :(
Does it help if I say that Algoritm is the best FM synth I have ever played around with? :D
No, because I've no idea if you've played with everything else I won :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

apoclypse wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:24 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:50 pm No GUI update changes to the SSL-Mixer ? Not even a dark version to match the rest of the dark theme ?

Intrancer's brain works differently.

@THE INTRANCER have you thought about NFTs? Your renderings could make bank bro

Not sure what NFT's are but that image is something I did back in 2014.

What I'd like to see is the non-Rack portion of the program made scalable. I kind of figure decoupling the Rack and the DAW should allow that.

I'm on Reason 10, I was waiting for this to upgrade but the only thing that really tempts me is the Beat map that came with 11 ( I think)

Been needing a new sampler forever, so that’s good. Combinator overhaul is highly requested. And of course, everyone who bought the wrong monitor ( :hihi: ) will need the hi res update.

Still no folder tracks dammit. It’s literally all I want at this point. :x

I had complete forgot about this, but I did post this project on Reason's GUI improvements where you can interact with these images in real-time on my website. Check it out here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”