Favorite versatile reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Other than maybe Ariesverb, nothing is as capable as 2C Audio B2. Bit pricy, but it's all the reverb you will ever need. Sits really well in the mix, and can do pretty convincing pseudo rooms if you learn to master the cascading

Eh, i forgot about MTurboverb. Not used it as personally not a fan of Meldas shit, but i am sure its equally as capable as the above
Last edited by TIMT on Mon May 17, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:09 pm
I will check out 2CAudio Aether. I wonder how is Breeze 2? Looks like it is cheaper. I can see an "up to 50%" sale going on. What are the cheapest they have ever been in case you know?

Not much interested in dense, lush reverbs, but I do have Comet if needed and it is amazing at that. :)
Breeze2 is cool.
But it’s not as good of a room as aether is.
Aether is i guess kinda like Valhalla Room?
Breeze2 is more like vintageverb+plate without the vintage factor.

I also really like Breeze2. Also light on CPU which is always nice.

Thanks everyone for your time and suggestions. :tu:

Regarding 2CAudio, I downloaded the demos of 2CAudio Aether, B2 and Breeze 2.5 and here are my quick observations:

- All of them sound brilliant. Smooth, lush, and what not.
- Aether and B2 GUIs are non-scalable and that's a big turn off considering they have so many options and are difficult to dial in. Both seem to be complicated to use at least at first encounter, B2 the most.
- Breeze 2.5 has scalable GUI, but is having some audio glitches when changing some parameters and GUI is getting messed up on some instances when changing the sizes.
- These are great options when you want the reverb to be heard more than felt.
- They are not cheap ($99 is the cheapest for Breeze 2.5 on sale) and their resale policy is not good either.

While I like their sound, I don't feel the urge to go for 2CAudio reverbs. Not liking the GUIs too. I think I am happy with Comet and Raum for this type of sound, and Pro-R would probably be a better choice for similar price for what I am looking for, as it is versatile, easy to dial and has a good workflow.

Downloaded Nimbus and R4 as well. While they sound great, seem rather complicated to use. iLok is a downside too (from reselling point of view mainly), so need to find it super cheap to avoid the thought of reselling in case they don't work out. But a better and cheaper option than 2CAudio.

Xenoverb sounds cool too. Not sure I like it enough, but definitely versatile and easy to dial.

So, I think it comes down to Pro-R or R4/Nimbus or Xenoverb.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon May 17, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can't believe this thread is on page 3 without the Sonsig having received even just a single mention... :-o :shock:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

FabFilter Pro-R can be used for anything and everything due to its different "morphable" algorithms. And I like ArtsAcoustic, even for some more creative reverbs.

jens wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:36 pm I can't believe this thread is on page 3 without the Sonsig having received even just a single mention... :-o :shock:
Welcome to the mix! :)

Do you mean Relab Sonsig Rev-A?

jens wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:36 pm I can't believe this thread is on page 3 without the Sonsig having received even just a single mention... :-o :shock:
Its a nice verb, but its anything but versatile. Its pretty narrow in its scope. Though it nails the sound within that scope and then some..all the Relab shit is must haves and the most versatile of em all would probably be VSR S24. Bit boring though if you like your late reflections with a lot of modulation, but a great, versatile mixing reverb to place things in a quasi-realistic environment
I

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:33 pm Thanks everyone for your time and suggestions. :tu:

Regarding 2CAudio, I downloaded the demos of 2CAudio Aether, B2 and Breeze 2.5 and here are my quick observations:

- Aether and B2 GUIs are non-scalable and that's a big turn off considering they have so many options and are difficult to dial in. Both seem to be complicated to use at least at first encounter, B2 the most.
- Breeze 2.5 has scalable GUI, but is having some audio glitches when changing some parameters and GUI is getting messed up on some instances when changing the sizes.
- They are not cheap ($99 is the cheapest for Breeze 2.5 on sale) and their resale policy is not good either.
Yeah I think you're right with your assessment. I mostly like 2CAudio when I want to really hear the reverb. And the resale policy is really bad. Buy them and keep them pretty much. Wondering if you gave Reverberate a try as a convolution option? Especially if you want natural sounds (although it can get really creative, too). I think the $99 price tag is really attractive for all you get. Bought it for 20% off during BF.

Yes, that is certainly what I mean - it's extremely versatile with relatively few controls and is basically one huge sweet spot.

https://youtu.be/pyHdLlAMDrs
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm using the Relab lx480, it has few algorithms and fits for all types of use cases.
Other good reverb is the TC electronics, very versatile but it has a colder sound.

TIMT wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:41 pm Its a nice verb, but its anything but versatile.
Are we talking about the same thing? I meant the Sonsig Rev-A, which is easily one of the most versatile reverbs I ever tried - the mind boggles at how versatile it is - it's certainly a lot more versatile than many of the usual suspects that have been mentioned in this thread...

gondii wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:41 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:33 pm Thanks everyone for your time and suggestions. :tu:

Yeah I think you're right with your assessment. I mostly like 2CAudio when I want to really hear the reverb. And the resale policy is really bad. Buy them and keep them pretty much. Wondering if you gave Reverberate a try as a convolution option? Especially if you want natural sounds (although it can get really creative, too). I think the $99 price tag is really attractive for all you get. Bought it for 20% off during BF.
Yeah, they really shine at that I understand now.

I did not give Reverberate a try mainly because it is (also) iLok and not a big fan of convolution reverb, although I agree it is great for natural sounds. The GUI also did not appeal me much unfortunately - I don't mean it is bad, but again, a bit too many options. If I am spending $99 or so, I would much prefer Pro-R through my FabFilter account (it is higher than $99 though).

After demoing all these plugins, I feel that the simpler the GUI and options, the better it will be for my head to work with it. We already have tons of complicated things to handle in music making already. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:48 pm Yeah, they really shine at that I understand now.

I did not give Reverberate a try mainly because it is (also) iLok and not a big fan of convolution reverb, although I agree it is great for natural sounds. The GUI also did not appeal me much unfortunately - I don't mean it is bad, but again, a bit too many options. If I am spending $99 or so, I would much prefer Pro-R through my FabFilter account (it is higher than $99 though).

After demoing all these plugins, I feel that the simpler the GUI and options, the better it will be for my head to work with it. We already have tons of complicated things to handle in music making already. :)
Reverberate is pretty complex with two convolution engines and a ton of very detailed tweaking options. So maybe you're right, doesn't fit the bill. Does sound like Pro-R is a good choice. I like it a lot, easy to fit into a mix and pretty much as fast and easy to use as it gets. Plus you get more discounts on future purchases from Fabfilter.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:48 pm After demoing all these plugins, I feel that the simpler the GUI and options, the better it will be for my head to work with it. We already have tons of complicated things to handle in music making already. :)
So that would really be the Sonsig then... it's amazing how they managed to lay out the controls for the underlying complex archicture so that it's a breeze and joy to tweak - one of its tricks is that apparently each of the 10 "sizes" uses a different algorithm. That in combination with the "time" control (RT60 practically) already allows so much versatility. Then there's the ensemble, the three "characters" (different envelopes basically), the three render modes, the Tilt and Diffusion controls, yadda yadda... and yet it isn't a huge number of controls - one would be excused for looking at the GUI and assuming it's was more or less a one-trick-pony - and yet this could not be further away from the truth.

Return to “Effects”